Reviews for Let's Be Mature About This
mystic.fox chapter 14 . 8/21/2008
This is really making me sad and my heart is breaking for the both of them. I wish Gavin and Sydney would get together and talk this out because it seems to me that they need each other intensely. Obviously the shrink doesn't know anything b/c that's the same kind of crap that mine said to me, even though it was an entirely different situation. Update soon and make it a happy one...please.
xClutteredxChaosx chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
Wow I love this so much! Add add add add. I laughed out loud..basically all the way through, ahah :)
MeridianDreams chapter 13 . 8/19/2008
WOW!

Talk about packing a punch in two chapters. I don't even know where to begin.

Daniel can go take a long walk off a short pier. I love how people take stereotypes as truth. It really makes me laugh b/c it just puts your ignorance on display for everyone to see.

Luisa is a riot! And that comment she made to Sydney about white wine made me laugh outloud. Thank God I am at work by myself today.

Totally had no idea that Evan was black, which is awesome. I often talk to my friends about how when we have kids we will just contribute to the biracial race since we all date outside of our race.

Gavin and Syd are my heart. And why do I get even more turned on with their little moments of intimacy than I would if they were just making love? Sometimes the anticipation is even better than the actual act. LOL, yeah, that's what I keep telling myself. They are just perfect for each other but let me get the gushy stuff out of the way before I analyze the heck out of them both.

Sydney: You know it really makes me scratch my head with a lot of the things she does. She is really mature for her age and you can tell she does not suffer bs lightly, but she is still 19. She has barely lived life b/c she still has so much life ahead of her to live. And granted she may have dated tons of jerks but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger so she should just take it as a life lesson. What to look out for with the next frog before she kisses it. And she is always talking about what Gavin needs to do to get better but there are things she needs to do to get better too. Now I am not coming down on Syd, she's my girl but there are times when she seems so steadfast and ummovable and you just want to shake her and tell her to look at something from a different angle before she sticks with a decision. AND she turned down his proposal! Does she have any idea what it takes for a man to say he is going to give up all other women to just be with you? Does she have any idea? And it was not a waste of time! He helped you find your true calling as psychologist and HE LOVES YOU! AH! See, that made me want to shake her. Me thinks that Sydney may need a wake up call and see that not everything is black and white, there are shades of gray.

Gavin: Dude is pissed and has every right to be. He finally put himself out there and it was thrown back in his face. I think the next chapter may finally show us the Gavin I have been waiting to see. Though it may be to an extreme that needs to be pulled back a couple of notches, I have really wanted Gavin to take some kind of stand. He can be sensitive, he can be gentle, he can be compassionate, but he can also try to be strong and cocksure. There are times when he kind of lets Syd push him around. Call her on her ish every once in a while. Like when Gavin went off on Syd about Evan, that was good. It showed he is like every other guy, he gets jealous. And that's ok. He shouldn't berate himself for that. If I was Syd, I would have felt a little flattered. But since he made her upset and didn't really know where she was coming from he felt he wasn't entitled to how he felt. On the other hand, Syd didn't understand where he was coming from either.

Which brings me to them both: they NEED to discuss things. And I mean really discuss them. They may get it out and apologize for how they acted but I don't think they really discuss things. Sydney runs away a lot and Gavin goes on a self-bashing spree. They both need each other to work through their problems. But I don't think that will be happening anytime soon with their recent actions.

SO, I am going to be freaking out for the next couple of days until you update this story b/c I NEED to know what is going to happen. Will Gavin and Sydney finally have a screaming match? Will Sydney for once just be vulnerable and let Gavin help her instead of always trying to be the strong, defiant collegian? Will Gavin stand up for himself and show us a different side of him other than the sensitive ad man?

Good Lord, with all the problems these two have, I swear this should be a tv show! Update, update, update!
The bunny always dies first chapter 13 . 8/16/2008
...Damn, what a bummer.
mystic.fox chapter 13 . 8/15/2008
Oh no, they can't have a misunderstanding like this. They're too good together for it to end over kids. They need to sit down and talk it out. They have to be together...for my psyche. Update soon.
mystic.fox chapter 12 . 8/15/2008
Aww, that's so sad that Belle died, but I'm glad Sydney was with Gavin. I was devastated when I was told my dogs that I had for 12 years were taken to the pound without me being told. Gavin's dad can go hang out wit a cactus since he's so prickly about Syd being young and African American. Kudos to Gavin to standing up to him.
IBlameMe chapter 5 . 8/15/2008
i think your story is reallygood but while i was reading i like had a little brain fart n was like with the zoloft depression pills gavin is taking is it a coincidence are did u get that from dance gavin dance the song me and zolft get along just fine?

well i was just wondering n i think your story is really good n thats funny about the dgd and zoloft thing and the characters name..now im rambling so ye bye
MeridianDreams chapter 11 . 8/10/2008
I really, really, really like these two, more and more as the chapters go on. I am so glad they had a good one-month anniversary and I think it is so sweet that they have committed to each other with the chastity belt and the rings. A few things though:

Let me just say, Jay is really cool but he needed to pump the breaks with Sydney. Just because Gavin has found a nice girl that makes him happy doesn't mean that he needed to react to her that way. I applaud Syd for biting her tongue but I am glad Gavin noticed it and called Jay on it. And yeah, Gavin may have been self-centered for the past month but Jay has known Gavin practically his whole life. He knows who Gavin really is and he should know Gavin's actions weren't intentional. However, it is good for friends to discuss their feelings, whether good or bad.

Sydney keeps cracking me up. "Raping him with my eyes" made me laugh so loud. My friends and I say that all the time. And I really wish she would realize that she is worth every present and compliment Gavin gives her. She is not a gold-digger or has this sordid history of sleeping with tons of guys. She is a genuine, great girl and Gavin is a genuine, great guy so in the words of Tim Gunn, "make it work!"

I love Gavin, love him to death and again, jilted and jaded heart speaking, but some of the things he says kind of rub me the wrong way. This boy has fallen HARD. He has already told Syd he loves her (and she said it back) after a month. I just don't want him to flip out if or when Sydney makes a mistake. But again, maybe he really loves her and it's not too soon to say the L word (like really, what is too soon?) but I don't know. I'm not used to men being as sweet and sincere as Gavin so what do I know. There are good ones out there so let me shut up, lol.

But anyways, excellent chapters, my dear. Please keep up the good work and update as soon as you can. Thank you again for sharing this wonderful story with us.
DreamBuggyFlyAwayHome chapter 11 . 8/9/2008
Bravo! With chapter 10 and 11!

Firstly, I loved how Gavin and Sydney got into a little fight there in chapter 10, its nice to keep things realistic, not everyone has a Cinderella romance lol. I thought the anniversary was PERFECT. It's amazing how these two people "click." I am also looking forward to when Jay will start to warm up to Sydney. Oh and when you had Gavin watch Sydney with baby Sara that was so cool because now Gavin sees the future with him and Sydney and I cannot wait to see what happens next! Keep Writing, its amazing!
Plej chapter 11 . 8/7/2008
Oh that was so sweet of him! Wow. That is the perfect or close to perfect relationship anniversary for one month, I ever read. Aw...
MeridianDreams chapter 9 . 8/5/2008
And the cuteness keeps coming!

He gave her sand dollars! How adorable is that? And now he is getting along with her mom and he is about to meet Liz! Everything seems to be going along great.

I really liked how you incorporated each of them seeing their living arrangements. I think that is one of the best things to see when you start a new relationship. How a person keeps their place tells a lot about them and for them to allow you to come in and see where they live adds another layer.

And I was totally thinking that Sydney should be a psychotherapist. She gets Gavin to open up about a lot of things and you can't help but be comfortable with her b/c she is so likeable. I would love to see more of her sotto voce. It cracks me up.

Great updates! Can't wait to see what Elizabeth thinks!
deli28 chapter 9 . 7/30/2008
0.o Gavin is going to meet Elizabeth! Ah! I just love this story because it's realistic. It could actually happen and DOES actually a happen in real life. It was super cute. Thanks for the two new chapters and can't wait for number 10! BTW i Gavin's insecurity. So i don't have to sit here and think he's perfect it kind of throws reality into the mix of your story making it seem even more real.
DreamBuggyFlyAwayHome chapter 9 . 7/30/2008
May I say that chapters 8 and 9 were FAB-U-LOUS!

I loved how he met her mother and even though her mother didnt think it was such a good idea she still put her differences aside and accepted Gavin. I also thought it was SUPER cute when Gavin gave her the whole sand dollars that Sydney really wanted. And I love love loved when he was showing her his house and his baby pictures, this stroy is soo matures, and vivid, and amazing, now...I can't wait for Gavin to meet Liz!
mystic.fox chapter 9 . 7/29/2008
Meeting the parent and her friend, wow that's a huge step. Maybe Gavin should take her with him one time to see his psychologist/psychiatrist. I hope his insecurities don't get the best of him. Update soon.
mystic.fox chapter 8 . 7/29/2008
I can understand where mom is coming from but how can you not like Gavin. Aw, how sweet, he cleaned up for her and is willing to wait. If I could find a Gavin, that would make my day.
69 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »