Reviews for Clarity
Devon Pitlor chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
The end is VERY strong! "Pride melting in snow" "Nature emptied bladder." Etc. There is A LOT of poetry throughout this. When I say poetry, I mean the magic of imagery and allegory, not verse. The comparison of her mind to a mental ward, so many little details that are just superb.

There is also hopelessness and hope. The hope that all trapped teens have: to become 18 and independent. All of this juxtaposed against ceaseless winter and then finally the rain of spring is ... wonderful, and I really mean that.

The whole Megan/Molly situation makes one want to read more chapters, but I have a feeling you have moved beyond that point in your fictional or real life. This, like P and P, was very gripping in its sense of absolute sincerity and truth of emotion. Good work once again. Maybe we will see more of these characters. Maybe not.
The Hippie Nerd chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
I love how this is a separate piece from Pastel and Paisley, and not a simple sequel. A whole different tone and feel, it works more so as a companion piece if you want to relate it to the other story at all. The focus on just Molly and Megan, and the far less dialogue and far more insight into the daughter's thoughts. It's a great read, from the little dialogue there actually is, to the wonderful descriptions, great use of words, and detailed and engaging thoughts passing through her head. Once again, the world you create is vivid and real. I love the comparison of their two minds, as well as the optimistic ending. Through all the inner turmoil and pathetic fallacy, there's still that ray of light at the end that leaves the reader with a more positive, warm feeling. Very effective.

I applaud you, signorina, bravo! :)
TeaWithOnions chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
I love the way you describe things, the snow, the scenery, and the narrator's emotions. You take it all to a new level. Awesome story!

Thanks for the review, and the fave!