Reviews for Inverted Landlock
Ernest Bloom chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
I love the trippy surrealism, needless to say. I grok your wonderful wordplay, all the internal rhymes.

I don't like the crevices.

To some degree this strikes me more as New Age and less as hippydom revisited. Does that make any sense at all?

Strange wistful mysticism, natural evolution, an organic collective return to the soil...

I don't really know that I'm struck by the imagery so much as by the psychedelic concepts. I think I'd prefer more psychedelic/surreal imagery, and something more of a collecting, centering theme. It's cerebral, and I'm not really feeling too rooted in even an imaginative landscape. But I also know I'm picking nits, because this is the wordpicture you've wanted to paint, not that I've wanted to read...Maybe I can paint that myself?

Tantalizing stuff, I'd say, a bit filmy, a well-worn tie-dye scarf filtering little sun, not quite mesmerizing.

Luck.
eamane tinuviel chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
very interesting. from the start, the title of your poem is very eye-catching. it draws the reader in because it's unique and you really have to stop and think about it - inverted landlock.

as for the piece itself, there's just this sense of emptiness and fullness that i feel from it, both at the same time. this is especially evident in the last two stanzas, which i think are the strongest parts of your poem.

overall, wonderful piece. it's thought-provoking, exactly what a poem should do to a reader. great job )
SirScott chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
"Only photographs of people we can’t possibly remember

It’s been so long since we’ve seen them

Loved them or been them"

Those are every thought provoking lines.

SirScott
DiaRose chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
Very pretty! I like the imagery, it's very nice... it's a littl hippieish in my mind, but that's just because my mind is wierd like that, and I'm only talking about the imagery, not the poem itself. The wording is very very nice, it was obviously carefully chosen. Lovely.

Love,