Reviews for The Other Half
Naime chapter 1 . 6/16/2015
This was a really sweet light read. Definitely deserve more reviews and I'm stumbled upon it. (Undecided about picking up this novel? Well for it anyways cos I said so). Don't know if you check this but saying anyway -
~Naime Randome
Guest chapter 22 . 4/2/2013
Oh, dear.

Where is the PLOT? You have a nice enough idea at the start, but then it dwindles into nothingness but an excuse to get the main character together. Then there's that really effing
Guest chapter 22 . 1/31/2013
whassa dildo?
Okami chapter 22 . 8/12/2009
Well, Sarge, I was at first slightly... hesitant about this story, if hesitant is a right word. Maybe, reluctant of. Yes, that's better. :) But after few chapters, I really got into it and read it all in one night. XD;; Ahaha, you could say I'm a sucker for your stories, right? ;)

It was however noticeable that this is an older story of yours. I mean, it was good and all, but sometimes, I felt slightly awkward. Maybe it was because of the usage of japanese words. I was slightly put-off by that, not that you used them wrong or anything, it was just highly unusal to see japanese in your story.

Got to love the characters, though. :) And I loved the happy-ending, even though Katsuki ending up with Takashi was a bit of a cliche. ;) Anyway, I did like it. It was funny, highly readable, sometimes angsty (yes! yesyesyes! XD) and sometimes fluffy enough to make me smile like an idiot. XD;;

And I think it deserves many more reviews than it has, and I thought that maybe you'd like to see me writing to you. XD Have to admit, I was mostly disappointed by getting banned from y-galls because of losing the one ability to read all of your new stuff and commenting on it. Nevertheless, I made a deal with Eda, so I get to read them, just not to comment on them.

I hope you're doing well and that sometimes you check even this page for reviews. Kind of missing you, if I can even say that.

~O.
eda chapter 21 . 6/17/2009
I told you I'd read you originals, too one day! So one day, I just sat down opened this page, copied the whole thing into word and printed out. And now two or three days later I finished it with tears of joy in my eyes.

First, I was little worried I wouldn't get used to 'new characters' (the designs and names and etc), but you described them awesomely and I even checked out few Frack's pictures and I got the exactly same image as after reading your descriptions C:

I know you always use those warnings at beginnings of your fics and I read them, but I didn't expect HET-rape, for fuck's sake D8 seriously, that one shocked me xD And I think it was even worse than if he was abused by his father. Hideki was so passive, well what else was he supposed to do? but still, it was so freaking disgusting. I couldn't get over it for few chapters. bleh. And I'm happy we didn't have to witness as the she-devil was using THAT on him. No, seriously, that would be too much.

I totally loved that part where Hideki ran away from home and met Kyousuke and just kept saying "don't send me back". (I went like: "aw, Sargie's angst. -cuddles the angst-." You know I'm an angst-whore after all, -sigh- )

Anyways, Hideki's fucked up past made me think he would be the uke, at first. But then as we met confused Kyousuke who wasn't even able to buy himself a ticket to subway, or who wasn't even able to tell whether he's into men or women, well, THAT made me think HE was going to be the uke. And considering Hideki's sex life, I thought I got that one clear, but then - shoot, Hideki wanted to be controlled when sleeping with men and then it changed again. DUDE, you can make it so confusing! C: I loved it!

And Katsuki and Takashi? I totally wished for them to end up together! They were too cute to be true! I'm happy they ended up together C:

Dude, I got so stressed out the second Kazuteru dragged Kyousuke home. I was on a bus back then so not really time to be freaking out, but it was close. I was scared for Hideki, I was scared you'd make him go "home" again. TAT

If I were in Frack's place, you'd be LONG dead for doing these unspeakably horrible things to my characters. Really. I don't get her sometimes.

I loved the ending. :heart: It wasn't rushed! Just sweet nice happy ending C: haha I loved Kazuteru's phone call, pf old-man needed some bitching xD

And it ended up so sweetly, Aw everyone was happily together.

I'm so happy I read this. It just reassured me, it's not about the 'naruto-fandom' anymore. I read your things because they're yours. No matter what fandom you'd write for. C: If you'll publish a book once, I'm totally there first in the line to buy it xD

By the way, is it just me, or your writing improved a bit since 2007? (or whenever you wrote this) It seemed so to me, I don't know maybe the style just slightly changed or something (it's been 2,5 years after all) or I don't know. It seemed a bit different from your later works.

PS: If you'd like to reply on this, here's my mail eda1102 gmail . com

Since here is not the option to leave the e-mail as it used to be on FFnet -shrug- weird.

eh, long review is long, and I surely haven't said everything I wanted, though.

ilu. thanks for writing such amazing stories.

eda
taven1214aol.com chapter 22 . 2/14/2009
Loved it! The only thing I found a bit weird was how much control the dad's had when the guy's aren't even minors . . . but whatever, it's fiction, right? Great characters, I wanted to laugh every time Takashi showed up. I really liked the ending and thought Kyousuke adopting Hideki was just adorable. The only part that felt rushed to me was just in the beginning when Hideki starts warming up Kyousuke; that happened a little too quickly without much explanationg as to WHY he was warming up to him. Overall, great work!

Actually, and this doesn't really have to do with the actual story, but I was really excited when I found this because I was just browsing stories, and I though 'ph, that's looks interesting,' and opened it without looking at the author; and would you know, I had just finished reading a whole bunch of your stuff on FF dot net! I didn't realize it was you until after the first chapter . . . heh heh . . . then I started missing the Kiba notes.

Just so you know, I WILL review your other stories! I've just been busy and I tend to get really into stories so I don't want to stop between chapters . . . but I will get around to it as my thank you for all your hard work!

And just in case you want to reply: taven1214 aol . come
AlastrinaMeadow chapter 22 . 2/6/2009
Yay, I loved it!
WRen chapter 22 . 12/30/2008
P.s. Kudos to TaneKore for some damn cool characters :D
WRen chapter 22 . 12/30/2008
ME: Aw, he's adopting a puppy, that's so adorable.

ME: ... He's adopting Hideki? WFT?

Mehh, doesn't adopting mean that Hideki is Kyousuke's son? Oh, that's strange O_o

By the way, I didn't think it was too rushed :) I think it was perfect.. but anyway too many chapters spent on Kyousuke and Hideki apart would NOT be fun.

Annabel H. Wilde chapter 5 . 11/28/2008
Please tell me there is not a college-aged person on earth, sheltered or not, who is innocent as Kyousuke is. Please.
JerryOnigiri chapter 22 . 11/20/2008
Thanks! U really enjoyed this story. It has such a happy ending.
Kirin-kun chapter 22 . 11/19/2008
Holy crap, last time I checked this there were three chapters!
nao-ranchan chapter 21 . 11/13/2008
this is greatXD the chapters are being uploaded as i read!

Not usually one for original work but i love your writing so i couldn't help my self _
InsomniaticFrenchToast chapter 3 . 8/19/2008
Wow you are an amazing fanfic and original author! I'm going to watch you on both sites now! I'm not good at constructive critiscism so can I please just say that it was realy really really awesome in how it was written?
Quell Horror chapter 3 . 8/17/2008
Hi, I've read your stories on .

And now I've read this.

_

Very good so far, I likes it.

-Kirin