Reviews for Lifelike
Wet Duckling chapter 17 . 5/19/2009
Aw, they're so cute! Finally this story gets a cute chapter, with almost no mention of Nathan's issues! Hurra! Neil is just to die for, the 'I like you' and 'I like kissing you' moments made me feel all fuzzy and happy inside!

I smell 'bad' times for Ewan - soon, Nathan will be able to understand everything Ewan's saying behind his back about him. ;) Well, hopefully the kid does not complain all the time, even though I doubt it.

I didn't think Neil would be an art teacher, for some reason, even though it seems obvious, with his understanding for Nathan's pictures an all. I stupidly imagined him as teaching English literature. ;)
kazoua chapter 17 . 5/17/2009
The more Neil is there the cuter the story gets.
Cattails chapter 17 . 5/14/2009
Ahaha, they are so cute! Neil's a sneaky little thing :3 I couldn't stop giggling and squealing in delight the entire chapter. Ah, I think this might be my favourite chapter so far! Especially with Ewan showing up at the end and being a little bugger. XD Aw, they're like a family already... Have I mentioned how much I love this lately? Yes? ...ah. Well...I still do! :D
Muthine chapter 17 . 5/11/2009
Man, I want a Neil of my own! (Well, a het one anyway 8))

I love the little journal-like moments you weave in the story, where Than reminisces on the present situation and enlightens it with bits of the future and the way their relationship will evolve.
meep chapter 17 . 5/10/2009
It reminds me of learning BSL miming certain words or spelling them out before being taught the correct sign. Also as the teacher was deaf the awkwardness of not being able to communicate at times.

Ewan and Than are both healing; Than stepping out of his bratty self-pity stage and Ewan warming-up to his :) both a part of growing up and a grieving process reacting to change.
Pundit chapter 17 . 5/9/2009
Very, VERY cute chapter. Probably my favorite so far. This story is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing. :)
Liviania chapter 17 . 5/9/2009
Hee. Ewan's bratty tendencies are adorable.

Livi
ddz008 chapter 17 . 5/9/2009
Great chapter! They kissed! :) And it was such a sweet and nice kiss... I'm glad that Than didn't freak out or something, it's good that he is on the road to recover from losing Sam. Like I must say in all my review, Neil is so sweet! I love him and he is so good for Than and Ewan. I like to know that they are still together in at least a good portion of their future and that things aren't completely happy and just real. Hope you update soon! :) (Thanks for updating so quicky this time)
Dead Fridays chapter 17 . 5/9/2009
Having gone to a deaf elementary school, this story really reminds me of my experience there to a certain extent. We had to learn ASL and everything. Although I wasn't a deaf student, this story reminds me of how it can bring to focus the distinction and alienation you can feel sometimes as a non-deaf person, and of course, for others, as the deaf, as well. Makes me half wish I hadn't forgotten so much ASL already. :/

Anyway, thanks for updating...and just to let you know, we readers are ALWAYS very grateful for Neil-Than action, so thank you. :D
TopKat chapter 17 . 5/9/2009
what i like here, and what was really evident this chapter, is that you've put lots of focus on the fact that Ewan and Neil are deaf, but they're never, ever invalids. I like that instead of their "disability" (that doesn't seem the right word) being a plot-mover, instead the plot moves of its own volition - that the fact that Ewan and Neil are deaf is significant, but not overbearingly so. It's nice, because most of the time i end up feeling sorry for 'Than, more than anyone! (a good thing ;D)

loved this chapter, as usual. obviously the kiss. Made my love for Neil intensify, haha - he's so forward. i like it a lot. what was possibly better than the kiss, too, was that he pulled back and asked if 'Than was okay. that struck me as lovely.

~Katie
DH L'Orange chapter 17 . 5/9/2009
hooray for updates! I'm enjoying this story a whole lot!
one little hollow chapter 17 . 5/9/2009
Heheh, somehow the mental image of Neil as kid rollig in the mud and looking absolutely smug works. xD

Good one on him for finally making a move. 8D
frogs of war chapter 17 . 5/9/2009
Ah, so cute, kiss and all.

The flash forward to Neil and Ewan fighting was painful. If Neil is Than's and Ewan is Than's than Neil and Ewan are family, no matter what Ewan thinks. I imagine Ewan's still a teenager at that time; hopefully he'll get over it as he grows up.
narcissistic chapter 17 . 5/9/2009
haha. sign language is kinda hard. i tried to learn but i couldnt remember the hand motions alot of the time.
kepteinen chapter 17 . 5/9/2009
Sign language is awesome. I knew it when I was younger, since I went to a kindergarten for deaf/"normal" kids, but I've forgotten everything now. This chapter was great, I loved the parts about alienation, and Neil and Ewan sharing something Than could never really see.

I still love you, of course.
424 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »