Reviews for Lifelike
Wren chapter 21 . 6/17/2010
It's interesting that you put it in a narrative past tense with references from the future, it's different. Something that bothers me with this story is that twelve year after the accident that kills Sam, Nathan is still thinking about Sam every day? I believe that there is a time for mourning, a time for healing, and then it is time to move on and let the dead rest in peace. Nathan hasn't done that, he still clings to the past and forgets to move forward. To me, people like that are over emotional and dysfunctional in everyday society and are a pain for everyone they are around.
The Marching Ghost chapter 23 . 6/15/2010
I love this story. When I got here I had to read it all at once otherwise i would have gone crazy! Please update soon.
cancelaccount chapter 23 . 6/14/2010
Love this story! :) I like that we got to know more about Sam and their relationship. Really good chapter :)
Chibko chapter 23 . 6/11/2010
I liked the glimpses of Sam that we got to see from Than's memory, and also Neil's response to the photos and the history between Sam and Than- not jealousy.. understanding, resignation that he will have to forever share Than with a man no longer living. It's good that Than finally caught on to what Neil was trying to say.
nennella chapter 23 . 6/10/2010
I'm so glad that you updated Lifelike: this chapter was definitely worth the wait. I really like seeing a glimpse of Nathan's past with Sam.
Ish Mish Kiki chapter 23 . 6/10/2010
Oo, did I detect a small sign of moving on there? Is Nathaniel getting over Sam? That would be so good. Poor poor guy.
ShadesWithLove chapter 23 . 6/10/2010
I'm kind of glad that Nathan is doing this show. Anyway, I think Neil is beyond adorable! He is so jealous... xD
dorome chapter 23 . 6/9/2010
Wow, wow, Wow! I am truely impressed by this story.
Mewenn chapter 23 . 6/8/2010
I liked what is happening. Characters who talk are something I am fond of. Beside Neil always pick his battles intelligently. Than could learn from him.

Now, as I said, I liked what was happening, but I had to re-read the last six paragraph or so to understand what you meant. And I only did because I had clearly understood the last three paragraphs and I knew more or less what I was looking for (I might have been the only-one to get so lost, but usually I have enough of a grasp of the english language to understand even the most complex sentences so I thought I'd still mention it). Also your style is getting closer to what it is in "Boxed In" and since Lifelike wasn't started this way it makes it seems suddenly a lot gloomier. The style at the beginning of the story seemed lighter (despite the serious themes) and I liked it a lot that way. Once again, I might be wrong, but I thought that I'd point it out.
MAGICAL.NARRATOR chapter 23 . 6/8/2010
All I could keep thinking immediately after reading this is how badly i wish it was a tv show just to hear/watch this scene alone.

It's hard to explain but i was really feeling the moment.

Great chapter.

]
TheOtherDibbler chapter 23 . 6/8/2010
Hey! New chapter. :D

This relationship, well both really, 'Than and Neil and 'Than and Ewan, got off to such a painful start. I'm glad of all the little mentions at different times that this story is being told in retrospect, and they all managed to work it out.
Lenko chapter 23 . 6/8/2010
I only found this story recently and i'm SO happy you updated it. I completely love it. The fact that Ewan and Neil are both deaf adds an amazing element to this story; i love how you talk about their culture, their triumphs and the fact that they're completely normal people. You portray each of your characters amazingly well; i fell in love with them all extremely fast. I love how you don't write them as perfect people, not by a long shot. I so hope that everything works out with Neil and Nathan! And Ewan too :D i love how accepting he is of everything.

I felt absolutely awful for Neil in this chapter; imagine having to sit there and literally look at pictures of your boyfriend/lover in bed with his ex. It must have been hard for him to see those pictures, read those messages. Although i have to admit that i enjoyed reading more about Nate and Sam's relationship; it seemed so passionate and full of love. Considering they were fresh out of college and both artists of some description it doesnt surprise me though ;D I'm glad that Nate understood that Neil was worried because their relationship wasn't like that; i only hope Nate isn't too in love with Sam to love Neil the way he deserves. At least with the slow burn it may last longer; not to mention that they seem to have a more domestic relationship, kid and all. Maybe they'll get some hot passion in later chapters? I think it'd be intersting to see how it was for Neil, to not hear anything at all while it was happening.

I also loved how Neil used his voice for the first time; it really gave the shock appeal that he was going for, to show Nate just how upset he was. Not to mention that it was a little sad that that was sort of what Neil was thinking of himself :( Hopefully it wont stuff up the exhibition though *crosses fingers* i mean, if the gallery goes for sexually explicit then...Neil might just need to suck it up (no pun intended). Please update again soon! I love this story, it has an amazing plot, wonderful characters and is beautifully written.
Jaded Devil chapter 23 . 6/7/2010
I really enjoy reading your writing, Zebbie! I love the characterization, as well as the way you write relationships.
frogs of war chapter 23 . 6/7/2010
It's nice to see more of Sam. Both the memories and the paragraph about the bad stuff. There are two sides to everything, but that doesn't keep us from missing them when they are gone.

Than loved Sam hot and fast. The slow burn with Neil is likely to last longer and be more stable.
Fantasy101 chapter 23 . 6/7/2010