Reviews for Lifelike
big.break.and.laryngitis chapter 23 . 6/7/2010
Well, that's depressing. Death is horrible. I don't really know how a person comes back from that. But I'm hoping he can do it for Neil, because I adore Neil. And Than adores Neil, I know he does.

Good chapter :) I was so excited when I saw the update!
Serenity Marie chapter 23 . 6/7/2010
I love this story. It is an addiction to me. I've never reviewed before because.. well, I'm lazy. But I decided I wanted to review this time because I really do love your story. My favorite is the bits of Deaf Culture you fit in. You clearly have done your research.

I also really like that you give us glimpses of the future in some of your chapters. And I love Ewan.

Marie
vimaro22 chapter 23 . 6/7/2010
Poor 'Than. I can't help but feel sorry for him. I also can't help feeling sorry for Neil. You're doing a really good job of representing 'Than's ability to pull away from the relationship he had with Sam and move towards a relationship with Neil. I liked that this interaction didn't have Ewan involved, that it was just about and between the two of them. I can't wait to see where you continue. :)
ddz008 chapter 23 . 6/7/2010
ahh.. this story is great (as all your stories). This last two chapters were really intense, I love how your writing lets me see their personalities, fears and hopes. And I feel for them. For Nathan, for Neil, for Ewan. You have truly created wonderful characters and I can't wait to keep reading.
Cheesy Feet chapter 2 . 6/7/2010
You know, I was thinking about this story the other day, I couldn't remember what it was called - it's on my favourites though - and I thought, 'I wonder if it'll be updated soon, it's such a good, engrossing read' And low and behold, I check my 'updates' today and it's been updated. Thank you thank you thank you - off to read now. :D
thistlepaws chapter 23 . 6/7/2010
I'm so glad you updated. I love your work and I'm fascinated by Than and Neil's developing relationship. It's so different from Than's previous relationship. At least on the surface, but it's early days yet and from the way you're writing I believe it will be every bit as deep and solid Sam and Than's was.
Ish Mish Kiki chapter 22 . 6/4/2010
*gasp* Breathless! Amazing story. Well done, once again.
crystaltsunami chapter 19 . 5/18/2010
Hi, I don't really review usually. In total, I could probably count the number of times I've reviewed on one hand. But I have to review this story, because it has touched me deeply. I love your writing and I have read many of your other stories, but I think the characters in this one are just that much more rounded.

I really love the way you write Than. His insecurities over losing a deeply loved one are so real and true, they made me cry a few times. My father passed away a few months ago, so I can completely relate. A lot of people who have lost someone important to them blame themselves in some way and feel this hanging obligation to not let down or betray the deceased. You show the steady progression of his slowly letting go and moving on very well and I appreciate that. It sort of helps me move on too. :)

Other than on an emotional level, I find this really well written anyway. I like the way you have taken this idea of a man who has lost everything and has fallen so deeply into his fear that he has blocked away the world for so long, but then is gradually being pulled out of his pit of misery and finding love. I also like how throughout the story Than is narrating in past tense, giving the reader quick glimpses of how in the future, all is well. The reason you're reading the story isn't for the outcome of a happy ending, but for the story itself. That makes this story a lot different from other stories because many others are purely about the romance and escapades between two people, but this deals with other relationships too. There's a lot more stuff that I like, but it would make this review way too long because everything just makes me want to spazz!

Thank you for writing such a great story.
JinniG chapter 6 . 4/29/2010
I actually went to look up the sign for gay to see what it looked like! I love your stories...I always learn something new. It's like you've had the experience yourself.

While I was at it, I also looked up some swear words...good times.
Cheesy Feet chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Okay, I'm gonna bug you again - please update soon! :D Like seriously, I. Love. This. Story. :D I can't wait to see where it goes next.
5redroses chapter 22 . 4/22/2010
Please update this soon. You completely sucked me in with your characters and your beautiful representation of love and loss.
TinaLouise chapter 22 . 4/21/2010
I'm very glad that I read this at home on my days off instead of on my spare time at work. I cried through a lot of it. I find myself empathising with Nathan in every chapter. Much like him, I've cut myself off from the majority of people after the loss of the person I consider the love of my life. I'm not as much of a hermit as Nathan but very close to it. I am also currently going through the struggles of learning to trust someone new so this story hit home many times.

Nathan is, in one way, luckier than I am - I have no pictures to remind me of my love, I would give anything for a picture of them.

Thank you for this story because, although it made me cry, it also gives me the chance to cry and feel the pain of the loss while also giving me more incentive to open up to the new person in my life.
Nameless Shana chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
I'm getting kind of confused for some reason o.o...'than wants to keep him and now sending him to school. but is it a regular school?
Nameless Shana chapter 2 . 4/8/2010
so he's deaf? Must suck to be dump on a relative you barely know.
Arillian chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
You know, this story made me think of one little incident my niece had. She was walking down the road and saw this girl with a pink purse she thought looked really nice. So off she goes, walking up to the girl and asks her where she bought it. The girl smiles at her awkwardly and gestures to her that she’s deaf. My brilliant little niece than goes “Oh” in surprise, switches language from Swedish to English, and asks her “Where did you buy that purse?” Its things like that we’ll never let her live down xD
424 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »