Reviews for Prospect Road
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 11 . 3/17
Jacinto is such a brat, getting angry because Mickey doesn't want to be a sorry case. He is, though, he is. Poor Mickey, please be alright.
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 8 . 3/17
Excellent, how Mickey's alienation is handled without giving too much away. They always think they finally understand, but in the end it turns out they don't have a clue. Wonderful. And the line about the girlfriend and the 'cant afford to fight you to prove it', hilarious. Damn I can't get enough of this. Also I have a compulsion to play Zip Zap Zero even though I don't think it exists.

Mickey is amazing as he storms out, seething. He's got so much personality carefully packed away behind that blank facade. What would it be like to see a happy, bubbly, excited, daring Mickey. There is so much to this character.
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 5 . 3/17
This breaks my heart every time I read it (and I can't seem to stop reading this story) The stress Mickey must be under...
Another detail I hadn't previously taken notice of: the living walls. That's fantastic.
bobsaysyes chapter 1 . 3/10
I can honestly say this is one of my favourite pieces of writing that I have found on this website, it's brilliant! I have always hoped that eventually a random update would pop up, it hasn't yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I read this story quite a while back and it still sticks with me enough to come back and reread it and hope there has been an update. Great story please continue someday!
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 18 . 12/27/2013
What's brilliant about this story is that it starts out (in the first few chapters) making you believe that what's happening to Mickey is the norm. You're so caught up in the workings of Gate that, when finally he enters the 'real world', it seems as alien as Gate -should- have felt. Our perception has been twisted, but in such a subtle way that we didn't feel it happen. I LOVE THIS STORY! And the talented author who wrote it:)
blurry19 chapter 18 . 12/14/2012
Wow, this story hurts. In a good way, of course. I hope you continue, but thanks for what you have posted already.
i-wish-i-had-wings chapter 18 . 7/23/2012
this story is just AMAZING! i couldn't stop reading ) i do hope that you'll find the inspiration to continue, but if not, i don't regret reading it; especially since mickey isn't in trouble right now.

i love stories about freedom and integrity and this one is just so damn good xD i love how mickey is so bound but dreams of studying birds )

i found the way you described how mickey and the group got along very realistic; the misunderstandings and the frustrations from both sides. it made me really happy when they actually started to understand and like each other. i must say i would like to see more of jon, though. he seems like a really nice guy.

jacinto..i like him, but i also find him quite insensitive at times...i get that he really likes mickey and that he isn't really used to the kind of problems he has, but asking to share a bed with a rape-victim? sometimes i just wanna shake him! i'm glad jon has some sense ) love the tension between jacinto and mickey and how obvious jacinto is )

if you do continue writing this i am very curious of how everything will go and i'm subscribing, just in case p
GreenGrass1 chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Instantly I love the world you built in this first chapter. Your weave in the culture, the social interaction, the school/work system, a little bit of geography and even the mysterious birds in such a way that is very interesting and not monotone at all.

Alright I'll mosey on and read the rest of the story.
enblackink chapter 18 . 4/16/2012
don't worry. your world building is just fine. its actually really clear due to my being able to read so many chapters available, but it may have been frustrating for those who read it earlier and didn't gain so much at once. anyhow, its been quite a story starting from our protagonist's young years spent in an entitlement haze and getting to the highly damaged yet still intelligent goods he's since become. and before you think i'm heartless, i really did want to feel bad for Mickey, but i couldn't. just don't have very much sympathy for people who make the same mistakes over and over - and especially not someone who's good at seeing patterns. so, now that Mickey's life isn't turning into a failed game of zip-zap-zero, i am properly invested. all this to say: engaging read. i'll be checking back for more.
Cattails chapter 18 . 12/12/2011
I had not even realised this had updated. I love this story still. Then again, I love all your stories. Just the way you handle such a serious topic and flesh out each of the characters, no matter how minor. The little details, especially the patterns of dialogue, add wonderful depth.

...and now that I'm done gushing, I look forward to seeing how things will change for Mickey now.
LeKo chapter 18 . 11/17/2011
The world you created is growing on me. This story is the last one I read, so I'm not really reading them in the right order. After EH III I stopped for a while. Not knowing what to think of them and where you were heading. But I'm glad I read on. And I do hope very much that you will complete them all. Your writing and describing skills are getting better, especially in describing how an individual needs to find his way in an alien surrounding.

I can believe this one is a difficult story to write. I don't think it is easy to write about abused young children and how they go on in life. And Mickey was young. At some point in his life when he was still very young he stopped growing (mentally). And even now he is still busy surviving. I don't really get what Jacinto sees in Mickey. There is no real growth nor real understanding between them and it can't be only looks and sex. Not for such a period of time, I think. Jacinto story still needs to be told (maybe when Mickey comes with him in the break?).

In a way I think that Cary, at least at this moment, is a better match for Mickey. You've made him as someone who honnestly likes Mickey, only he has a sick way of showing it. But not per se because he is a sick person himself. They do understand each other on a more instincual level. Would their circumstances be different, they might be able to grow up together in a good way despite what has happend.

In any case, I like your writing and the pace you keep very much. This (these) story('s) are no action story's. Their all about development en multicultural mingling en misunderstanding. Not easy to write, but I trust you to find a way through it. Your very good.
crystaltsunami chapter 18 . 10/13/2011
I love this entire story. There are a few minor typos, but those can be easily fixed. The story is amazing and well put together - it really tugged at my heartstrings! And of course there was just the perfect touch of a corrupt society that really made me think about society and education. Often times in fiction, mistreated main characters come off as overly sensitive or dependent, but Mickey is actually realistic. The fact that the science talk is coherent and engaging makes this story so much more alive, as opposed to how this element could have easily been superfluous.

Overall I love this story and I can't wait to read the next update!
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
Seriously,

Prospect Road is one of the most thrilling, amazing stories I've read on fictionpress so far.

Just the way you write... deliberately revealing and describing just enough for us to get that awesome atmosphere...

I kinda, well... fell in love with it?
Handsome Devil chapter 18 . 8/16/2011
Oh man, every time Mickey expects someone wants sexual favours from him, I die a little inside.

I feel like flying into your story and rescuing Mickey. I'm honestly so excited for him right now. He was actually offered to go for his dream...but I don't think he will. I don't think he's ready to deal with new people right now. He's barely just starting to get used to his own group. I love Jacinto and Jon especially how Jon keeps looking out for him and telling Jacinto to cool off.

Anyway, this is a great story. I'm glad I came across it (by spying on someone's favourites). I'm always attracted to these oppressed, utopian society stories. But I didn't expect to see one this sad :(( Poor Mickey. I hope he gets to stay this happy. And I hope Gate is revealed for what it is and that the rest of the citizens can be saved. It's obvious from all their oppression that a lot of the citizens may just turn out like Cary (and Co) and Lenny.

I'm so into this story. I really do hope you update soon. (Also I really love your stories and I'm honoured you reviewed my story at all. I'm so unworthy...*bows before you* ps: prooobably not finishing that).

Can't wait to see Mickey begin to heal ;_;!
Nariki chapter 18 . 7/10/2011
I loved it! The chapter lengths were amazing, the plot totally cool, and the characters full of life. Mickey is so adorabe, and i can sooo picture him blushing at all the guys, lol. Update soon?
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »