Reviews for Prospect Road
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
Seriously,

Prospect Road is one of the most thrilling, amazing stories I've read on fictionpress so far.

Just the way you write... deliberately revealing and describing just enough for us to get that awesome atmosphere...

I kinda, well... fell in love with it?
Handsome Devil chapter 18 . 8/16/2011
Oh man, every time Mickey expects someone wants sexual favours from him, I die a little inside.

I feel like flying into your story and rescuing Mickey. I'm honestly so excited for him right now. He was actually offered to go for his dream...but I don't think he will. I don't think he's ready to deal with new people right now. He's barely just starting to get used to his own group. I love Jacinto and Jon especially how Jon keeps looking out for him and telling Jacinto to cool off.

Anyway, this is a great story. I'm glad I came across it (by spying on someone's favourites). I'm always attracted to these oppressed, utopian society stories. But I didn't expect to see one this sad :(( Poor Mickey. I hope he gets to stay this happy. And I hope Gate is revealed for what it is and that the rest of the citizens can be saved. It's obvious from all their oppression that a lot of the citizens may just turn out like Cary (and Co) and Lenny.

I'm so into this story. I really do hope you update soon. (Also I really love your stories and I'm honoured you reviewed my story at all. I'm so unworthy...*bows before you* ps: prooobably not finishing that).

Can't wait to see Mickey begin to heal ;_;!
Nariki chapter 18 . 7/10/2011
I loved it! The chapter lengths were amazing, the plot totally cool, and the characters full of life. Mickey is so adorabe, and i can sooo~ picture him blushing at all the guys, lol. Update soon?
littleanemonefish chapter 18 . 7/6/2011
I'm so glad you decided to update this now and I decided to read it. Amazing is one word. Even if I had to wait another year for an update, I would re-read it and probably love the next chapter.
littleanemonefish chapter 8 . 7/6/2011
Well, if the last chapter didn't make me cry, this one did.
littleanemonefish chapter 6 . 7/6/2011
Oh man, this is so SAD. Well, the way Mickey was "programmed" to behave that way and the impact its having on him. I honestly almost cried.
littleanemonefish chapter 2 . 7/6/2011
Um, wow, you're a great writer, but wow, this makes me so angry. I know the concept of oppressing people, individuality, ambition, etc. is nothing new, but just having it laid out in front of my like that is frustrating. I know it happens all the time in our world in different shapes and forms, but to live in a society that strives to kick down anybody that tries to get up would be so frustrating. I would probably be the Mickey in this story. It's almost painful for me to think about. I'm really connecting with him. Great job! Fascinating concept.
jammi chapter 18 . 7/5/2011
I honestly don't know why I've never checked this story out but I adore it. Your stories always leave me with a bit of an achy feeling in my chest even when I know things are going to work out. The fact that I can see Mickey's growth but it's been slow and he's the force behind it [with help from his group] is wonderful to me, especially since it doesn't seem sudden and he's still true to the character that he is.

I do find it interesting that people from other cities are getting involved. For some reason I took it that each area was like it's own country; they handled everything the way they want even if the other areas disapproved there was nothing they could do about it.

This world is brilliant and I find it fascinating the way each area seems to dictate their social interactions, I'm sure that Jacinto's family would never just forget about him but then again, they don't have to worry about the whole family being dragged down for his 'mistakes'.
ebbster chapter 18 . 7/5/2011
Oh hey! I almost gave up on this one,even though I really like it. Glad you could get another chap out. Will we be seeing more anytime soon?
Sapphire2619 chapter 18 . 7/4/2011
Omg yay an update I can't believe it! Can't wait to read more though I hope for a shorter time frame lol
eymundi chapter 17 . 6/8/2011
Your characters are so real I cannot help being caught up in them. First Chuy in Esperanza and now Mickey are the victims of a social structure they don't feel they fit into. It is fascinating to see the world you have created do all this damage to those living in it. As tough as it seemed to be in the Ranchos with the forced community, it seems far preferable to the rigid, closed off world of Gate.

Through all their troubles they forge on somehow, with the help of others, searching for the happy ending. Makes you think, doesn't it?

Mickey's not alone. His stress is giving me some stress too. Like Mickey, all this help he's getting now is giving me hope for a happy ending. Somehow it doesn't seem to be coming exactly as quickly as one would like, though.
DenzelRyuu chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
I love this story... I am really looking forward to any update... can we get an update at least regarding whether this story is abandoned? I am just wondering since there hasn't been an update in almost 2 years
QueenNaxen chapter 17 . 9/5/2010
Love this, can't wait for the next chapter.

Having said that, I like Mickey's character development. Sure, other reviewers pointed things out that undoubtably need attention, but I'm taking this to be a story in one of those many stages of rough drafting. The content is good, the writing needs improvement (when doesn't it?), the idea is excellent. I was really reeled in by how Mickey, from being an intelligent child in unfavorable circumstances degenerated to what society wanted of him. The breaking down of his will and creativity is interesting, and it parallels (somewhat extremely) what current public education is doing. Now the story is at a stage, I believe, where Mickey's getting back, slowly, some of his... dunno, innocence? carefreeness? So that's pretty cool.

The fact remains that the incredibly extremes of both education systems seems surreal, particularly in the context of an experimental society. It mirrors a situation where an underappreciated kid gets a scholarship somewhere in our world, but that's almost made a lie by the fact that adults have so much control; he should be rendered helpless by totalitarian rule on his life.

Lennie has no reason to recommend Mickey, even with sexual favors. That doesn't make sense; he'd just be losing a toy for no particular benefit: once Mickey's out of his grasp, Lennie can by no power of his own feasable get him again. So that didn't make sense to me. So how the hell did Mickey get out?

Anyway, love the story, can't wait for an update. Ja na.
ptvjaime chapter 17 . 2/13/2010
Georgie's words make a part of me tremble. The papers wouldn't be secret. You would think something like that couldn't happen here on Earth, but on Abundance. . . Just as the water was being poisoned in The Man of His Dreams. What is wrong with these people? If Abundance is supposed to be some art project, why are they letting these horrible things happen to it?

Mickey's position upsets me. I just hope he and Jacinto can work everything out and have something real. It's obvious Jacinto is very much in love with Mickey. Even if Mickey can't-or won't-see it himself.
pool noodle chapter 17 . 8/23/2009
Just dropping by to tell you that I can't wait to find out what happens next! It's been a while since you updated, but your other fics seem to have been updated recently so I'm hoping for the next chapter on this one.

I love this world, and I think now I'm going to go and read your other stories set in this awesome universe. Keep up the awesome work!
59 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »