Reviews for Last Hours
Ziribella West chapter 7 . 1/20/2009
This was a very moving chapter. I really liked how you told the soldiers tale, how he felt about people he perceived to be a lower class than he was and how he changed. Nicely written!
Ziribella West chapter 2 . 1/20/2009
There is only one change I would suggest, perhaps you could find more time/place appropriate names for your characters?
Ziribella West chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
Oh, I love the concept! Nicely researched.
Kiya14 chapter 7 . 10/25/2008
As always, I enjoyed reading this. I particularly like the fact that you've pointed out the gulf between the social classes and that he finally decided to overlook it to do one good deed before he died.

I can't believe that you're coming to the end but I guess there is only so much that you can do. (I will be trawling for more pictures though! I can't let you go that easily!)
Kiya14 chapter 6 . 10/7/2008
Don't worry about the delay in updating. It was worth it, and don't apologise for the short chapters. I think that in a case like this, less is more. You are describing the last moments of peoples lives and it needs to be short and hard hitting. I really like it just the way it is.

As for truth - does it matter. You have created wonderful tales around them written with real emotion.

Really, well done!
Kiya14 chapter 5 . 10/7/2008
I love the idea of such a brave man, just recounting his story so that the children would not be afraid.

Another wonderful update and a story told so well.
Kiya14 chapter 4 . 10/7/2008
I came very close to embarrassing myself completely when reading this chapter. I am sat at work and it brought a lump to my throat - tears would not have been easy to explain. That last line is so hard hitting. Brilliant work, really.
Kiya14 chapter 3 . 9/7/2008
Excellent. Really touching as all these little insights have been. A nice touch with the use of Italian too (Thank you for the translation, by the way. Saved me going onto Google!)

I look forward to the next ;)
Kiya14 chapter 2 . 8/6/2008
I don't mind saying that I got a bit of a lump in my throat there.

The thought that she was still trying to be strong for the children and yet knowing that they were going to die. Very powerful image. Great, well done!
PoppyMox chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
You know, even after years of seeing the castings of the ash-smothered people of Pompeii on television, I still get chills. Your idea to recreate their final moments is brilliant, especially showing it's through the eyes of a modern society AND one of the Pompeians.

Looking forward to more!
Kiya14 chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
This is lovely - very sad and very moving but lovely nevertheless.

I don't think that there is any harm in allowing the character to think over their life in their last minutes. I think that we all probably would, especially if it was as sad as hers.

I look forward to reading about the other citizens.