Reviews for The Mysterious Disappearance of Lord Musgrave
sheila.bundy chapter 28 . 5/3/2013
Shades of Elizabeth Peters! I enjoyed this story as much as one of hers. Especially Lady Grey!
Kiya14 chapter 28 . 2/25/2009
I just love this story and I'm really sorry that it's come to an end but I shall console myself with the knowledge that this is not the last we'll hear of Theo and Ashley.

I'm really pleased that they're married.

I love the fact that the family were all reunited.

I also love the fact that you seem to have set up the idea of further 'travels' with the final conversation between Theo and her mother and father.

I think you've done a marvelous job on this and I really can't wait to read the 'Further Adventures'
scriblerian chapter 28 . 2/25/2009
Nice ending. Can't wait for the next Theo story. :D
Kiya14 chapter 27 . 2/25/2009
Yay for Eudora's arrival. I thought it was really funny that Lucien swept her off her feet. I can only imagine what was going through the poor woman's mind.

And that is one heck of a way to find out that your daughter is to be married.

I thought the giving of jewellery by her friends for the wedding was a beautiful touch.

“If I had known how many times I would hear that tonight, I would have worn a flour sack!” Theo really doesn't like being paid compliments does she!

The wedding ring that Ashley gives to her is beautiful. Is this based on something you have seen/own or something that you would like. I find I do that with jewellery all the time when I'm writing!

I just love that we have discovered how astute Eudora is too. You can see where Theo gets it from despite the fact that her mother would like her to be more of a lady.

Fabulous!
Kiya14 chapter 26 . 2/25/2009
I can't believe that they are finally going to get married. I'm really pleased for Ashley (more than Theo because I think that he really never saw the day when she would accept him!)
Freestar chapter 25 . 2/21/2009
Delightful story. Sounds like maybe it's done? I would have liked a little more about the tomb and what happened there. Also, would like to know what they found when they went home. How had she tried to ruin the family and how did they overcome it. But did enjoy the tale.
Kiya14 chapter 25 . 2/20/2009
Firstly it was a great update, as always.

I must mention the following though:

Theo's staff turning into two weapons - ingenious!

Lady Grey - Stop! Yes, I'm ashamed to say that is what I was mentally shouting when I read about her slipping into the tomb. I was just expecting trouble and I just LOVE Lady Grey.

What a monster that Sadhvi is. What a horrible thing to say to Theo, as if her father would think that way.

And then Lady Grey saving the day.

Brilliant, i felt really involved in this one especially.

Look forward to the next
Kiya14 chapter 24 . 2/8/2009
Another wonderful update. It's getting very exciting now but I fear that we're nearing the end?

I want to encourage you to keep hammering away at your keyboard but I will miss this when you're done so...take your time ;)

Can I just say that I love the thought of Lady Grey keeping the camp clear of pests. She certainly is tenatious!
scriblerian chapter 23 . 2/6/2009
Hey, you didn't email this to me! LOL

Very good, as usual. It's gotten quite exciting.
Kiya14 chapter 23 . 2/3/2009
Great Update!

I particularly like the conversation at the end with Tobias and Lucien:

'And please, just call me Lucien. Out here I am Lord of Nothing.'

I'm actually nervous for them and am just hoping they all come through unscathed...
Kiya14 chapter 22 . 1/28/2009
Yeah! Finally Ashley has popped the question and Theo sees that he has matured enough to be a good husband.

Was Theo's new name Ashley's idea?

And I loved the fact that even as Ashley was setting up his proposal... and Theo must have guessed...she still was slightly distracted by the use of her full name. She never broke character for a moment - which I'm really pleased about. It's very easy to write soppy proposal scenes (I'm guilty of that!) but to maintain the character of someone as strong willed as Theo had to be done - and you did.

Brilliant!
Kiya14 chapter 21 . 1/27/2009
Good old Ashley is clearly more of a man then we or Theo gave him credit for. It was great to hear what happened to them and to havd Lucien/Theo's suspicions about Sadhvi proved correct. At least they know their enemy.

It was also interesting to hear how they had come by their Egyptian names.

And I thought it very sweet that Ashley was hoping that he might earn an Egyptian name. I agree with Theo of course. After what he did in Cairo, he is well on his way indeed.
Kiya14 chapter 20 . 1/26/2009
I loved this chapter. I loved the interaction between Theo and Irisi.

The way you wrote about the death of Irisi's sister was very moving - especially as she saw it as just another part of desert life. The was no over the top emotion - wonderful!

I thought that fact that Irisi could see that Ashley loved Theo and visa versa was brilliant too - especially as Theo hasn't actually realised it herself yet.

Poor Ashley and Ishaq! but I just loved this line:

Theo was tending to Ashley when he reached up and touched her hair. “You are so beautiful.” He said before falling asleep.

Can't wait to read more
Kiya14 chapter 19 . 1/26/2009
I have been disgracefully negligent in not reviewing this chapter!

As always I loved it - I think you know what I feel about this story now anyway!

I love the suggestion that Portia is little more than a preening bird, shopping for things that help her look pretty. Egypt was certainly not for her!

And the backstory for Lady Grey - how wonderful. She always did know her own mind and she picked the perfect companion in Theo!
Kiya14 chapter 18 . 1/20/2009
OH! MY! GOODNESS! Her father is alive after all? I had rather hoped that he would be but now we need to know who wanted to kill him and why? And when will he allow Theo to tell her poor Mother?

I liked this bit too:

“He is salvageable after all, isn't he?” - Is it possible that Theo actually rather likes Ashley as I suspect he likes her?

I really find this story so interesting as there is always something that sets me to thinking/wondering..

As always, I look forward to the next installment.

Kiya x