Reviews for Dark Places
EleniR chapter 13 . 10/16/2009
I do hope that you are planning to finish this at some point. It really is very intriguing. I need to know what is on the film in the camera.

I have to say that I found the staff at the house very creepy indeed (clearly intentional on your part and therefore very well done.)
Kiya14 chapter 13 . 4/23/2009
Hatshepsut! Why do I get the feeling that was in there for me! lol

I'm intrigued now though. What could be on the film? I rather hope that nothing in the box is worth anything because I REALLY don't like Kyle!

I was a long wait for an update but it was worth it. Hope you won't keep me on pins this long for the next.

Kiya x
Kiya14 chapter 12 . 9/30/2008
OMG - "epitome of absolute ecstasy" - Shirley?

So what has Kyle got - or not got?

I like the idea of the need for cigarettes after spending the day with Kyle. Frankly I'm surprised that's all she needed. I think I would have been hitting a local bar - fast!

So many questions...
Kiya14 chapter 11 . 9/25/2008
Kyle is a very unpleasant character! I think he should lay off the alcohol although I don't suppose that would make him any more pleasant!

And what's going on with Shirley...

And who is Monica...

And what will Kyle get...(nothing if there's any justice - I hope she left it to the cats home!)

Look forward to the next chapter - eagerly as always :)
Kiya14 chapter 10 . 9/14/2008
Great update! Although I did get quite distracted by the biker leathers for a while there...can't think why :) Are you in my head?

Anyway, I can't believe that it was his friend - some friend! I hope that Mark makes him give the keys back.

So, they're going back in the middle of the night to a scary house with wierd people in mirrors. BRING IT ON!
Kiya14 chapter 9 . 9/10/2008
'Bout time!

I like the 'What time is it Mr Wolf' part. That was inspired! SO: Who is it? How did he get in the house? Were all the doors locked? Is is safe for me to go to bed tonight!

Another great Chapter Brian! and I look forward to being made equally nervous by the next
Kiya14 chapter 8 . 9/4/2008
OMG! That is freaky! That woman in the mirror must be from the same wierd sect as Kyle's grandmother, surely! and the tapping like Kyle heard at the funeral.

I told you I was easy to scare. I'll be sleeping with the lights on and putting sheets over the mirror's now! Thanks Brian!
Kiya14 chapter 7 . 9/1/2008
Great! I see that we've moved on to the Urban exploration bit - so...what is in the picture! Love the use of the whole messenger thing though. Really reflects how we communicate today! Look forward to the next.
Kiya14 chapter 6 . 8/19/2008
Thanks Brian - that's me not sleeping tonight now. That plays on one of my deepest rooted fears (apart from spiders!) Being buried alive!

Great update. It's really good to see this coming along. I shall look forward to the next update when I'm back from my hols. Hopefully I should have a bit to catch up on :)
Kiya14 chapter 5 . 8/17/2008
I like it! (even if it is a little sick!) Interesting touch with the vase too. I like these little details.

Sisters of Alchemy, hey? I wonder what they've been up to.

Why do I get the feeling that Kyle's going to be looking more deeply into this whole thing than is - shall we say, healthy for him.

Great update - look forward to Chapter 6 :)
Samantha Marie Haven chapter 5 . 8/16/2008
This is a really good start to a very promising scary story. It seems pretty classic-it's got the ignorant protagonist (who has a very strong personality that i really love), strange old people with odd,mysterious information (Shirley, Butler guy) and already some unexplainable little quirks (the man who tried to hit him with a shovel just so happens to be the butler...weird...)

my only critiscm is that Kyle-while seeming like a guy who doesn't scare that easily-seemed to under-react a bit about the shovel incident. that man was either going to kill him or hurt him, so he goes running for his life (who wouldn't?), but shakes it off almost immediately, when he meets Monica. Then, when he sees that man as the butler, he seems weirded out, but there isn't much said about his worry/fear/suspicion even that that man might want to hurt him with a shovel again. maybe it's just the way i see things, but maybe any kid would take a situation like that a bit more gravely? unless he really just doesn't care...which is quite possible, and not so good for him later, i'm sure.

well, i did like this, apart from the little shovel thing i mentioned. yeah, you see i'm very nit-picky sometimes, i apologize. anyway, it wouldn't hurt to put in a bit more description regarding the ambience of everything (ambience in a story like this is very important, so it's important to get it across). i like kyle and monica as characters, so that's good! the reader acn't feel the fear of the protagonist if the character isn't believable. so good job on that. i'll look foward to another chapter, because the direction this is taking in very intriguing and is realy starting to get freaky! but, at least at the end there things were explained. cluing the reader in on the future plotline. nice work. sorry for the long review...i do that a lot. happy writing!

~Samantha Marie
HealingWords chapter 4 . 8/8/2008
Update Update Update! :D
Kiya14 chapter 4 . 8/8/2008
Oh my goodness! WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO HER EYES?

Brilliant - as usual, Miles!

Can't wait for Chapter five, although I have a suspicion that all will NOT be explained!
Kiya14 chapter 3 . 8/3/2008
Excellent - can't wait for Chapter 4!
HealingWords chapter 3 . 8/3/2008
This story is excellent! Can't wait for the next update. :)