Reviews for Never Again
Yoram chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
The phrase Never Again reminded me of what the former (not the current) Pope said when he visited the Western Wall in Jerusalem.

"Never again will the gassing of Jews be permitted."

About seventy years too late, but a nice thought anyway.

Let's hope the current Pope will add to the quote: "Thou shall not nuke, terrorize, or discriminate against the Jews. Or force the surrender of strategic or culturally and historically significant Jewish land, either." ... Well, something like that.

CU

Yoram :-)
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
I love the way that you conveyed the message so well without a single touch of cynism (usually poems like this sound cynically cynical).

Great use of lists towards the end, creating unpleasant imageries one immediately after the other. It's got a rather.. suffocating effect. Very moving )

fleur
Phantomofthenight110 chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
It is so stupid how the UN can turn a blank face towards this well known fact, and their only concern is for themselves and not about the fact that the bloodshed is on their hands! They need a rude awakening, and the arrest of the leader in Darfur wont matter! More killings will be done! More shootings shall be heard! It's just a matter of how much blood they can't wallow in!

Let's try to make Darfur heard! For without those trying to help it, nothing will be done to stop it!
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
go to , right? FP doesn't allow web addresses, just because it's such a perfect website.

This piece doesn't really seem like a poem to me because the lines feel too choppy and prosaic. However, I really, really commend you for caring about this, writing about this, trying to spread the word. More people need to know and need to do what they can. Thank you.
waldoinred chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
This is a pretty strong piece. Good job writing it!
tangledwebweweave chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
I wish it was longer. Maybe do a second part? Nicely done.
123456DoesNotExist chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
I like the single spacing between the last two lines, it kind of adds an emphasis to them. By the way, fictionpress killed your link...

Great job.

Me
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
1. Whatever link you wanted us to go to fp killed.

2. Everything is double spaced except the last two lines of the piece, which is odd.

3. The two never agains in the beginning. Is one the title and one part of the piece? Maybe bold the title if that's the case. If they're both part of the piece I think it's a bit repetitive.

I did like the piece though. It's short and to the point and sadly very true. I also like how you change from never again to yet again. Nicely done.
neverknowtheflow chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
So true. By the way, the website (if that's what you were trying to put there) got cut off at the end.

On a side note, I wonder what the UN actually IS doing right now.