Reviews for Coffee Run
MallowsWins chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
There are some very beautiful descriptions here, both of the subject of the poem physically and the feelings behind it. I very much liked the tone of it, it was sombre without being hopeless. What I like about it, and I'm not sure if you did it on purpose or it's just your writing style, is that you linger somewhere between heavy descriptions and poetic, almost dreamy ones. It's a very interesting mix, beautiful to read but grounded.

Very much enjoyed this one! :D

Daze
Unique1952 chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Wow, this is amazing.

I really liked reading this, it seems like realy feelings and you did a good job at writing this. The ways you conveyed the emotions in this piece is good and again, I enjoyed reading it.

Nice work.
garnetandpearl chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
Last line beautiful! Excellent language use and the bittersweet tonality is so full of emotion. You captured the heart of this so well!
AK the Twilight chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
You make some interesting literary moves throughout this work. I personally found the magician metaphor to be pretty clever; it's just a bit of a shame that there weren't more metaphors like it. You do make some great descriptions throughout, so I really can't complain. The whole tone felt incredibly dreamlike to me, surreality and reality mixed together in a way.

The ending relinquishes the dreamlike qualities for a desire of return, an interestingly pessimistic turn from the surreal qualities of the middle of the work.

This was a good read, though it just could've used a bit more push towards the dreamlike state that it creates. Overall, though, this was very good. Plenty of strong language, some clever metaphors, and a unique tone made it a great work worth reading. Thumbs-up.
MagicalThinking chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
o_O...i feel like i've reviewed this...o_O i think i did and it was an amazing poem..with a lengthy review that i do not wish to repeat lol xD great write!