Reviews for Davy, Lad, Horse
lijuan chapter 1 . 6/13/2010

welcome to our website is :
Uldaren Bardaniel chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
I love horses! This is a great story and I hope you continue it. Have you ever read the book "Traveller"? It's the Civil War through General Lee's horse's eyes. Great job! :)
Very Serious chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
Overall this was well written. You remain inside the horse all the time, without imposing any humanity on it. It works really well that he's logical, and always seems to be thinking in terms of "carrot and stick."

My one issue is that your author's note at the beginning kind of blends in, so at first I was really confused. Try bolding it or italicizing it so that it stands apart from the regular prose.
This is not a name chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
First of all, I would like to suggest that you italicise, bold, underline, or put 'A/N:' in front of you author's note at the beginning, because sometimes its hard to distinguish it from the start of the story.

You are also missing a word, in the last sentence of the eighth paragraph.

What I liked about this story was the quaint feeling of a story about a horse, albeit a mischevious one. Davy has a splendid way of remaining steadfast in his mission to trick everyone in sight.

I liked his grudging respect of 'Papa', because it showed that while he did try to be the 'worst' horse he could be, he also had a slightly serious side when it came to his punishments, even if they didn't bother him.

All in all, it is a very swell story, but slightly dry because he tricks people a tad bit too much.

Much love, K.K.
rayney chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
What you have so far is good. Keep working on it. I would also recommend checking some of your spelling and grammar. You can also try to make Davy seem a bit more arrogant about his talents in trickery. I hope to read more soon!