Reviews for The Rising Sun
Nightcrawlerfw chapter 54 . 2/2
I created an account just so I could write a review and put this in my favorites. I want to read part 2 but I just don't have the time right now. This last week was bad enough as I was obsessed with reading this. Since the next part is double the length I'll probably have to wait until summer. Thanks for the good read and keeping it clean. I showed my mom this story so hopefully she will read it too.
lemmingluv chapter 1 . 1/10
Hello there! I'm not sure if you've been active at all over the last couple years, but I figured I should finally introduce myself. I go by Lemming, and I read The Rising Sun back in 2010. I loved it so much, and that was at the very beginning of my attempts to become an artist, particularly dragon-related. I just wanted to let you know that your character, Oriens, inspired me immensely, that I ended up making my own version of the Goldenchild. I really hope you don't mind that I kept the name, but I just wanted to let you know. If you're interested, here's my deviantart page, where you can find my art and my own Goldenchild.

Thank you so much for writing The Rising Sun, if it wasn't for you, I would not be where I am today as an artist :3
EmberEyedGirl chapter 54 . 9/22/2014
Well, let me start by saying this: kudos to you! I have a very short attention span for not-very-good-writing, and I sat down and read this whole story in a span of 5 hours (yes consecutively, because I'm a beast like that) and I really do have to say, I loved it! Yes, it reminded me of Eragon and a few other dragon stories, but with a few minor tweaks you can make it your own. It does seem that you and I used to have a similar problem in our impatient youth: impatience. lol The only thing I would suggest changing would be the progression of the relationships, and the speed. A little less obvious, and slow down! There's something to be said for younger writers, they have amazing ideas and capabilities, but they don't stop to actually let their characters feel their purported emotions. Excellent read! I was actually just stalking the fantasy bin trolling for a good satisfying adventure, and this was definitely it! I look forward to reading more of your stuff. :)
EmberEyedGirl chapter 22 . 9/21/2014
Caelum is actually the nominative declension of the latin word "sky" but loosely referenced, I can see "heaven." I would review more, but I like to see how all parts affect the whole before deigning to move/remove/change them.
bubublacz chapter 3 . 7/29/2014
Oooohh... sounds exciting :D
AlyssaChu chapter 54 . 5/21/2014
AMAZINGGG!
Flyingman chapter 54 . 3/19/2014
Loved the book, great story great characters and I never got bored.

The only problem I had was the siege were the emperors tactics were just abysmal. From how I read it, it sounded like he just kept his army far away and charged them carelessly at the wall during the day, which to me just seems silly. At the least he should of surrounded the city for the simple goal of starving out the inhabitants, plus the building of siege equipment such as towers and trebuchets etc etc. It just felt like the world was to focused on the main characters, while the world itself was left with holes, like above. Although to be fair it didnt harm my enjoyment of the story at all and are just little gripes I have because I knew to much.
L.B.G.15 chapter 3 . 1/12/2014
The Classical Latin post was done by me forgot to log in :P. I want you to know I love your story perfect combination of fantasy and romance. Thank you for posting your story :).
Guest chapter 3 . 1/12/2014
In love with the story! But i just Had to go back to this chapter and correct Caelum's name. In classical Latin the combination of the "ae" actually makes an "I" sound. So it's Ki-lum. You were dead on about the "K" being hard. Just like Caesar is a hard "K" like cat but the rest is an "I" therefore its K-i-sar.
Guest chapter 7 . 12/27/2013
This is so like Eragon.
JjBugg chapter 54 . 12/3/2013
First off, I'll have you know I spent the last half of the story having a mental break down because I had this horrible gut wrenching feeling in the pit of my stomach that you were going to kill Caelum off. I even had a nightmare about it...terrible. Anywhooooo...
All in all, it was an exceptional read. I think some things were a little rushed (Cae falling in love with Eliana standing out the most) which could have been eliminated if you had split the story into more books, but for one book that was an astonishing good job. I don't know how you did it! I always have to have more than one book to tell my stories. There was also the resemblance to Eragon, which I'm sure you got a loot. It annoyed me at first, but as soon as I fell in love with your world and characters, I didn't care at all what it resembled.
Did I mention that I now have a new favorite male character to add to my collection of fictional loves? Caelum... xD And if some said he was too protective, honestly I think anyone would act similarly in that situation.
Um...what else? I am both sad and glad that I'm done. Glad because I've been staying up for dangerous hours of the night reading this just so I could know that Caelum never dies. But sad...because it's over!
I will definitely be checking out your other stuff (if you have other stuff), and I wanted to ask you how you got so many people to look at your work? I've had my stuff on here a while, but can't seem to get any readers/reviewers. You should let me in on that insight, author to author. xD Anyway, feel free to PM me sometime. Us epic fantasy warriors must stick together!
Okay, I'm out.
Guest chapter 54 . 11/1/2013
Hi! Just read this story in two settings... yep, it was addicting. I really liked the characters, epsecially Caelum and Eliana's mothers. they were just awesome. The only problem I had with the story was with Eliana. I mean, apart from being terribly naive, she stated again and again that she would die for Caelum or anyone else for that matter, without even thinking about how her own dragon would have died with her. Like, she already stated that her dragon is the most important thing to her, yet she would still kill herself and him to let Caelum live. Like, seriously. That is just stupid. And letting herself get capured by the evil king without as much as an exit plan was just ridiculous. All in all I think the story would benefit greatly by rewriting some of her less... intellegent characteristics.
A tip would perhaps be to introsuce the wild dragons at the beginning of their planning of the war. then it would actually be more of a shock when they finally decided to come to their aid. The same goes for the kid. what was his name? akin? I can't remember. But anyways, I wish the scene where he kills himself would have been more epic, more of a shock.
Still, I greatly enjoyed your story. I will now move on to the sequal. Thank you for posting this on fictionpress!
megs92 chapter 7 . 10/25/2013
I'm sorry, I tried reading this. I love fantasy stories, but your story is way too much like Eragon and that is one of my favorite books. Not to be rude or anything, but maybe you should try and be more original with the plot of your stories.
The Undecisive Thinker chapter 7 . 9/8/2013
The marking thing reminded me of Eragon :p But I'm not complaining. I love those books
The Undecisive Thinker chapter 3 . 9/8/2013
I really like this. I know you finished it a while ago but thought I'd let you know that it's awesome anyways!
335 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »