Reviews for The Rising Sun
Flyingman chapter 54 . 3/19
Loved the book, great story great characters and I never got bored.

The only problem I had was the siege were the emperors tactics were just abysmal. From how I read it, it sounded like he just kept his army far away and charged them carelessly at the wall during the day, which to me just seems silly. At the least he should of surrounded the city for the simple goal of starving out the inhabitants, plus the building of siege equipment such as towers and trebuchets etc etc. It just felt like the world was to focused on the main characters, while the world itself was left with holes, like above. Although to be fair it didnt harm my enjoyment of the story at all and are just little gripes I have because I knew to much.
L.B.G.15 chapter 3 . 1/12
The Classical Latin post was done by me forgot to log in :P. I want you to know I love your story perfect combination of fantasy and romance. Thank you for posting your story :).
Guest chapter 3 . 1/12
In love with the story! But i just Had to go back to this chapter and correct Caelum's name. In classical Latin the combination of the "ae" actually makes an "I" sound. So it's Ki-lum. You were dead on about the "K" being hard. Just like Caesar is a hard "K" like cat but the rest is an "I" therefore its K-i-sar.
Guest chapter 7 . 12/27/2013
This is so like Eragon.
JjBugg chapter 54 . 12/3/2013
First off, I'll have you know I spent the last half of the story having a mental break down because I had this horrible gut wrenching feeling in the pit of my stomach that you were going to kill Caelum off. I even had a nightmare about it...terrible. Anywhooooo...
All in all, it was an exceptional read. I think some things were a little rushed (Cae falling in love with Eliana standing out the most) which could have been eliminated if you had split the story into more books, but for one book that was an astonishing good job. I don't know how you did it! I always have to have more than one book to tell my stories. There was also the resemblance to Eragon, which I'm sure you got a loot. It annoyed me at first, but as soon as I fell in love with your world and characters, I didn't care at all what it resembled.
Did I mention that I now have a new favorite male character to add to my collection of fictional loves? Caelum... xD And if some said he was too protective, honestly I think anyone would act similarly in that situation.
Um...what else? I am both sad and glad that I'm done. Glad because I've been staying up for dangerous hours of the night reading this just so I could know that Caelum never dies. But sad...because it's over!
I will definitely be checking out your other stuff (if you have other stuff), and I wanted to ask you how you got so many people to look at your work? I've had my stuff on here a while, but can't seem to get any readers/reviewers. You should let me in on that insight, author to author. xD Anyway, feel free to PM me sometime. Us epic fantasy warriors must stick together!
Okay, I'm out.
Guest chapter 54 . 11/1/2013
Hi! Just read this story in two settings... yep, it was addicting. I really liked the characters, epsecially Caelum and Eliana's mothers. they were just awesome. The only problem I had with the story was with Eliana. I mean, apart from being terribly naive, she stated again and again that she would die for Caelum or anyone else for that matter, without even thinking about how her own dragon would have died with her. Like, she already stated that her dragon is the most important thing to her, yet she would still kill herself and him to let Caelum live. Like, seriously. That is just stupid. And letting herself get capured by the evil king without as much as an exit plan was just ridiculous. All in all I think the story would benefit greatly by rewriting some of her less... intellegent characteristics.
A tip would perhaps be to introsuce the wild dragons at the beginning of their planning of the war. then it would actually be more of a shock when they finally decided to come to their aid. The same goes for the kid. what was his name? akin? I can't remember. But anyways, I wish the scene where he kills himself would have been more epic, more of a shock.
Still, I greatly enjoyed your story. I will now move on to the sequal. Thank you for posting this on fictionpress!
megs92 chapter 7 . 10/25/2013
I'm sorry, I tried reading this. I love fantasy stories, but your story is way too much like Eragon and that is one of my favorite books. Not to be rude or anything, but maybe you should try and be more original with the plot of your stories.
The Undecisive Thinker chapter 7 . 9/8/2013
The marking thing reminded me of Eragon :p But I'm not complaining. I love those books
The Undecisive Thinker chapter 3 . 9/8/2013
I really like this. I know you finished it a while ago but thought I'd let you know that it's awesome anyways!
dels chapter 3 . 8/24/2013
Cliches don't really make a book any less lovely. If you wrote a book on a hot vampire boy and a human girl, I would read it and love it if the rest of the plot and writing were excellent.
And this story HAS an excellent plot and IS written wonderfully, so the fact that it can be considered cliche doesn't even matter.
Black is Beautiful chapter 54 . 7/27/2013
I LOVED ths story! The plot, characters, everything! I liked it how it was really long as it was full if twists and turns. This is definitely one of the best stories I've read on fictionpress and its definitely doing on my favourites list!
PS. Reading this really makes me want to gave my own dragon :) but that's never going to happen :(
Ray-Anne chapter 54 . 7/7/2013
Cute story, well written. Went on longer than I expected (in a good way, often people rush over the battles forgetting they do often last several days).
AutumnLeavesInTheAir chapter 54 . 6/25/2013
I loved this story soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! I want more now! You're a great writer and you should be very, very proud of this story. It is a great achievement!
Autumn
b-jacinda-w chapter 54 . 6/23/2013
I LOVED this story! I know the story was compared to the eragon books and I have read all the eragon books and I have to say... I liked yours much better! I hope u continue to write :D
Guest chapter 51 . 4/16/2013
I am confused about one thing. Why was Peior trying to kill Eliana? Didn't Nocens give strict instructions to leave her alive?
329 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »