Reviews for The Rising Sun
Idalia Cytherea Miko chapter 56 . 3h
No offense but this story reminds me too much of Eragon. The Riders, the crystalline dome that surrounds the dead soldiers...all of it is too much like Eragon.
akiraneesama chapter 54 . 7/1
What a tearful story. It breaks my heart to close this book. I will miss Eliana and Caelum. They're so cute and very sweet to each other. A really wonderful story.
WatUCWatIC chapter 55 . 6/22
that was perfect. I must admit, I prefer eliana and orien's love to her and caelum's any day, though that romance was certainly a nice and entertaing (sub)plot. welp, too bad thats over. what do I do now? sleep? yea, okay, reading this for a 2 days straight was irresponsible, fine, ill slee. bluh, 11/10
Batboy365 chapter 4 . 6/9
I enjoy this story I've always been intrigued by half breeds
Alexandria Woolf chapter 1 . 6/2
I'm sorry, but this story is just sounding too much like the book Eragon, Eldest, and Brisngr.
Guest chapter 55 . 5/26
Congratulations with your life and thanks again for the story.
ArtieRoss chapter 18 . 5/25
Iocus has always just stricken me as a twat. I don't know man.
I haven't made any reviews so far, but I really like this story. It's getting me through a tough time, and it's...
*puts on shades*
Anyway, if there was a sequel,I would not be disappointed, though one review that says it's a good idea is hardly anything to go on.. but long story short, you're awesome and so is the story.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/25
Great story. Thanks.
Nightcrawlerfw chapter 54 . 2/2
I created an account just so I could write a review and put this in my favorites. I want to read part 2 but I just don't have the time right now. This last week was bad enough as I was obsessed with reading this. Since the next part is double the length I'll probably have to wait until summer. Thanks for the good read and keeping it clean. I showed my mom this story so hopefully she will read it too.
lemmingluv chapter 1 . 1/10
Hello there! I'm not sure if you've been active at all over the last couple years, but I figured I should finally introduce myself. I go by Lemming, and I read The Rising Sun back in 2010. I loved it so much, and that was at the very beginning of my attempts to become an artist, particularly dragon-related. I just wanted to let you know that your character, Oriens, inspired me immensely, that I ended up making my own version of the Goldenchild. I really hope you don't mind that I kept the name, but I just wanted to let you know. If you're interested, here's my deviantart page, where you can find my art and my own Goldenchild.

Thank you so much for writing The Rising Sun, if it wasn't for you, I would not be where I am today as an artist :3
EmberEyedGirl chapter 54 . 9/22/2014
Well, let me start by saying this: kudos to you! I have a very short attention span for not-very-good-writing, and I sat down and read this whole story in a span of 5 hours (yes consecutively, because I'm a beast like that) and I really do have to say, I loved it! Yes, it reminded me of Eragon and a few other dragon stories, but with a few minor tweaks you can make it your own. It does seem that you and I used to have a similar problem in our impatient youth: impatience. lol The only thing I would suggest changing would be the progression of the relationships, and the speed. A little less obvious, and slow down! There's something to be said for younger writers, they have amazing ideas and capabilities, but they don't stop to actually let their characters feel their purported emotions. Excellent read! I was actually just stalking the fantasy bin trolling for a good satisfying adventure, and this was definitely it! I look forward to reading more of your stuff. :)
EmberEyedGirl chapter 22 . 9/21/2014
Caelum is actually the nominative declension of the latin word "sky" but loosely referenced, I can see "heaven." I would review more, but I like to see how all parts affect the whole before deigning to move/remove/change them.
bubublacz chapter 3 . 7/29/2014
Oooohh... sounds exciting :D
AlyssaChu chapter 54 . 5/21/2014
Flyingman chapter 54 . 3/19/2014
Loved the book, great story great characters and I never got bored.

The only problem I had was the siege were the emperors tactics were just abysmal. From how I read it, it sounded like he just kept his army far away and charged them carelessly at the wall during the day, which to me just seems silly. At the least he should of surrounded the city for the simple goal of starving out the inhabitants, plus the building of siege equipment such as towers and trebuchets etc etc. It just felt like the world was to focused on the main characters, while the world itself was left with holes, like above. Although to be fair it didnt harm my enjoyment of the story at all and are just little gripes I have because I knew to much.
343 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »