Reviews for Daddy's Little Girl
ess3sandra chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
this story is strange. her husband gets turned on by behaving like her father and has sex with her? she needs help.
barelyamiable chapter 2 . 12/11/2008
Wow. So, I have read two disturbingly dark stories in the course of two days. Both wonderfully written and written by you. This being the latter one.

I can definitely see the ... very subtle similarity between this and Eidolon. The mood of both are just so hauntingly and permatingly dark. They are both vastly thrilling to read. I'm not sure what that says about my personality, but this was wonderful to read.

I actually found this more disturbing than Eidolon. I think it's because I don't have a brother, so the former plot didn't loom over my head as much. Also, Leah's scars are much less apparent. I adjusted to Cassie's portrayal, while Leah's confusion was made apparent only at the end.

Both version were extremely well-written. I like both for different reasons. The former was more mysterious and open for interpretation, for one. This did make it very difficult to understand. But I prefered the anonymity of the characters in the latter. The second version gave away too much, in a way, though. It was almost a near balance, though, and I applaud you for it.

I really did enjoy reading this. I think dark, scarring stories may be my new obsession.
Sorrow's Smile chapter 2 . 11/25/2008
I don't get it...
dimethylmercury chapter 2 . 11/11/2008
I sort of get the gist of it, but... still not really. I have to read some of the reviews to understand it better. So... Her father abused her, and so after she's drugged, her husband does the same to her, but since she's drugged and they are both abusing her she mistakes her husband for her dad? Hmm..
blurrylights chapter 2 . 11/5/2008
I liked this version better, but I was kind of confused...did her husband beat her? And what exactly was wrong with her? I got the father abusing her thing, even though he was a pastor, or something else holy. But I really liked the language and the vocabulary used in this piece. Good job!
CallMeCute chapter 2 . 11/1/2008
i didnt realize that it was the second version. i thought the repetition was because she was unhinged. i liked it.
cherrypiesizzle chapter 2 . 9/16/2008
This is really confusing. I don't understand any of it.
Lady Knight 1512 chapter 2 . 9/11/2008
Wow. It takes a certain skill and care to make such dark, disturbing material palatable. The whole story, both versions, was very moving, in a haunting way. I think i preferred the second one, but the first was great too.

Overall, it was very well-written. I could feel the tension and the fear. The words you chose created the atmosphere perfectly. I particularly liked "The man of God looked at her with obsidian eyes."

Loved it. Great job.

LK1512
m.annbrown chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
Very unique, very beautiful. Lovely!
j.c-chic chapter 2 . 9/9/2008
i don't get it, but the feelings u've stirred in me are pretty strong!

Well done- I've always loved your works. The repetitiveness was really good as well as the use of colour- red, then green, obsidian eyes (that's pretty hard).. I do think that she needs to see a counsellor lol, but anyways, u rock!

cheers,

ally
SimplySweetnSour chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
sigh. i flipped out when i thought the husband was her father
thisaccountisdeadNOW chapter 2 . 8/23/2008
you mean... both her husband and her father beat her? my dad does that - but if my (future)husband was to do that, i have no idea what i'd do... i completely empathise with Leah!
Bazooka Joy chapter 2 . 8/22/2008
Ohh okay, now this is a different version. I like this one better than the first, though the first one made me laugh. I don't understand what Leah's health problem is. I suppose you left it up to us to figure it out? Good piece.
Bazooka Joy chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
Ah, wow. Now I see why you're on every other person's favorites list lol. Your writing style is very easy to read. Impressive. I shall read on to the second chapter.
koerle chapter 2 . 8/15/2008
Great stories. A hint of similarity of also very different. Both stories are compelling and very interesting.

Yuo did a great job on both versions!
81 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »