Reviews for Daddy's Little Girl
seoulsister chapter 2 . 8/7/2008
She... married her father.

No, not literally. But it's like this one saying I've heard of before... Yeah, this story made me think of that.

... What was wrong with her?
SecretDarkness chapter 2 . 8/7/2008
I have to say, my favourite is the rewrite. Don't worry, I understand why Leah calls her husband daddy. A few aspects I liked about it is:

1) How we never learn the husband's name. It makes it that much more impersonal, and like he resides on some sort of pedestal.

2) How you never outright said that the father beat Leah, and at the end where Mr. Braden's face blurred with her father's, the man of God.

Very well written, as usual. :)

My heart went out to Leah, and how her husband has her trapped within herself.

I enjoyed it, regardless of the topic. :)
sew.what32 chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
wow that was something...

i cant believe how mean the husband was to leah...

and i am still confussed on why she called him daddy?
alwaysforever chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
Oh wow.. well that was just, interesting. Its defitinally mind gripping and makes you think. Nicely done.
I Quoth Nevermore chapter 2 . 8/7/2008
No! He was so nice! I could have sworn you made him have a change of heart in the rewrite. Darn. But it was still utterly brilliant. So good.
Ice and Snow chapter 2 . 8/7/2008
wonderful D. a bit morbid. haha. took a few reads to get the whole concept. awesome!
rachelaine chapter 2 . 8/7/2008
Both were extremely well written. I can't decide which I like more. I think I'm leaning towards the rewrite. :)
Boo chapter 2 . 8/7/2008
talk about mad people...this husband of hers really is something
I. Gorelik chapter 2 . 8/7/2008
Tell me if I'm correct, but is the little house she visits possibly her old home? Nothing was mentioned about her mother so the reader can only assume she has moved on or died as well, possibly in the car crash? So had Leah ran to her old home, as some sort of comfort?

It's quite an ironic place to run for comfort though - not just the home but the church as well. The home was where Leah lived and where her father would beat her. The church is where her father would work and heal people.

The husband is very creepy. Does he not know Leah has been traumatized by her father? He clearly is not helping her sanity by taking over the father's role.

This really would be a great story, even if it was one of those short three chapter stories, or something. It's so interesting how you've got this story out of the phrase "daddy's little girl" .

If the husband is thirty-something (thirty-five, I think it was?), and Leah was mentioned to be younger than Jeff, how old is Leah? She couldn't be older than her mid-twenties, I think, and that's a little bit saddening that that's her how life is filled - beatings, medications, suspicions, nightmares, and secret rendezvous with the staff.
chocolatechipash chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
oohh i get it! i re read both of the versions. very smart and disturbing. ignore my before comment the whole update bit i didnt realise it was a oneshot, i think it could be a very intresting extended story too.

i like the second version better its got more of the important bits and the pastor and the little background information on her dad is intresting.
chocolatechipash chapter 2 . 8/7/2008
to say im confused is an understatement, i might read this chapter again. the part where she visits the house - what? sorry it is so intresting grr i just wish i got it. lol please update soon im just dying to piece the information together.
chocolatechipash chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
very intresting, i like leah's character. wow you've got a few pieces on your plate - 3 stories?.
J.C. Lyn chapter 2 . 8/7/2008
Great story; just a question, did the father and Leah ever have an affair and does her husband beat her?
Sarahj259 chapter 2 . 8/7/2008
Is this like a two-shot or a whole story? because it's kinda cool in a sick and twisted way!
Oyuki chapter 2 . 8/7/2008
i like the second version much better. i want to know more. obviously they are both abused children. and mr. hancock was messed up for not believing her. that can really mess a person up. anyway, i hope that there is more. but if there isn't it's good. there's abuse, manipulation. all the "good" stuff.
81 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »