Reviews for One Year Stand
ajachowder1 chapter 21 . 6/2
Awwwwwwwwwww!
This was so cute! ()

This was a wonderful story that I read nonstop for a whole day. Defiantly going in the favs.
THANKS FOR THE READ

-Aja
Regina Rein chapter 21 . 3/6
I was reading it since last night and I could not stop reading it until this morning. And then I went asleep before I could review.
Anyway I love this story. Amazing. Really :))
It started with a sillyness of cucumber dress and I somehow find it 'uh...'
But with the same type of scene recurring because of the personality of the protagonist, I now find it endearing. It was cute of her how she thinks like a kid, even tho she was a doctor.

And I actually a bit shock when you somehow make it known that Kevin Lee (I love the name btw, it is cute!) is a mafia boss. Like... You make it as a given that it was a well-known fact. Is something like that supposed to be a common news? Why the police has not captured him yet since he was apparently, so famous?
Idk about mafia's life but my logic defied me to accept your setting just yet. Well... Tho how it seemed unfit with reality in my eyes, it didn't stop me from enjoying the story.

Also, Jess' job as a doctor, it was there but more of like a background. But you keep it up with how Jess' imagination revolve around her experience with medical-thingy, so I was glad that it fit her background. Your character is well-made.

And it is not only for Jess, it also goes for other character like Logan.
Seriously, I love Logan! It was cute... The whole thing with him. From the date, to the necklace, and everything. What I don't understand is why he helped Kevin gained Jess back (or is it vice versa?) when he claimed he despised Kevin Lee.

I love it when you keep it in one POV and stay true to it by explaing only from her eyes. When you switched POV to Kevin's, I thought Jess was died for sure but no. She was coma.
And then she pregnant. A bit paused there. How in the world... Did you just suddenly give a given fact again?
And I searched for a clue. And then it hit me. It was... A bit clever of you. The swell... The 'not just fat'
It was terrific!
And the letter... Aww
And then... It was... Ended.
I could not believe it. It is the end already? I meant I am perfectly understand if the scene was not closed with a marriage scene. But I thought something else was in preparation.
I was disappointed at the abrupt ending. If there was not an epilogue chapter, I thought the last chapter could be longer to smooth out the ending. Idk what kind of closing scene I was expected but certainly not like that.
And Sean's death too... A given fact that Jess suddenly know. I thought it would be better if you showed us how she knew it...
All in all, the mix of well-made characters, the flow of the story, their own quirks, romance, unexpected comedy due to Jess' personality, and the consistency of the POV made me fall in love with the story. So faaav this.
Batman is exotic chapter 21 . 1/8
Okay so here I go, this is one of my all time favorite stories. I've read it at least 10 times. I haven't signed onto fictionpress in months to read but then I remembered your story and went searching desperately through my favorites to find it and when I reread it...ohhh...myy...goooooshhh. I fell in love all over again. There is just something about this story that is just so amazing to me. No matter how many times I read it I always fall desperately in love with the characters.
Kalift chapter 20 . 12/18/2014
Good Story.
BleedingInLove chapter 21 . 7/8/2014
I didnt even know this was the latest chapter till 5 secs ago, weaknesses of being enamored with an awesome story DX
beverlyamethyst16 chapter 21 . 7/4/2014
Hi! Well I totally fell in love with this story. Amazing! It's just so good ! All the characters... the plot line... everything. Surprising how little actual sex there was for a story centered around one night stands haha. But that's actually kind of refreshing :)
Loved it!
BooksInInk chapter 20 . 5/21/2014
I really did love this story, but when she got pregnant, it was a bit of a disappointment. I really dislike it when the main girl is pregnant. Other than that, the story was absolutely amazing! You writing style is very good, and I totally fell in love with Kevin! 3
Varjo chapter 21 . 3/5/2014
X_X Omg... I love this story so much!
Wickedforlife chapter 3 . 2/17/2014
A mafia boss named kevin lee? Really? And do you know how common that name is? In 5th grade we had Kevin Lees in the same classroom.
chimerica chapter 21 . 2/3/2014
I loved this story. Now to stalk your profile and hope you've written spin-offs featuring some of the other characters, like Logan or Ben! :)
chimerica chapter 16 . 2/3/2014
Honestly, I love Logan. He justs becomes more and more lovable with every chapter. But he definitely isn't right for our bubble tea fanatic. Nope, Logan is more suited for Rita. :)
Guest chapter 21 . 1/2/2014
Is Kevin Lee an actual person? Or is he just a fictional character? Someone please answer!

Also, near the ending (chapters 19-20), does Kevin shoot Jess and then shoot Sean Kenza, while he's in shock? Does Sean Kenza or Ben Kenza die? (In Chapter 21 Jessica says "...Does Ben Kenza want revenge?...", meaning he's still alive, but you don't actually explain.

Despite these little confusing parts for me, I still loved reading this story and think you are an amazing writer. The way your writing flows is just magnificent and I'll be sure to check some of your other stories. Keep up the great work!
Belly boo1099 chapter 21 . 12/29/2013
no offence but yeah your right not my favourite ending but good none the less. I quite loved reading this story, i had trouble putting it down. the necklace rule was pretty cool and creative! Also i was wandering if they was going to make a sequel (i doubt it but...) you know about their married life and the baby and such. but anyway lovely story, keep on writting!
Eliza chapter 21 . 12/21/2013
This had me bawling tears.
The plot is A. I love the way you write the characters, revealing them through their personalities and humorous banter. Yet, you still kept the drama! Overall one of my favorite stories. I wish you wrote a sequel!
Nothing But A Dreamer chapter 21 . 10/18/2013
All the feels... MY Heart is beating like crazy... This story is so good. I thoroughly enjoyed it.. I LOVE YOU AUTHOR!
815 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »