Reviews for One Year Stand
kaw97 chapter 21 . 8/22/2009
That was very entertaining and well written. Thanks for all your hard work. Not being a writer (just a reader) myself, I imagine it is harder than it looks.
eskimoxisses chapter 21 . 8/19/2009
Wow.

It was good, but there seemed to be detail that lacked in chapters. I wish you would've explored the characters more, emphasized the fact that Kevin was involved in a Mafia sort of thing, and the whole fiasco about why love should matter to Mafia people.

Realistically it seemed bland, but the plot was so-so. The sex scenes weren't...there; and in a way I was glad for that. :) A whole one year stand and not a sex scene, I've gotta say, that's pretty outstanding.

No but, I do feel enamored with this story. You did a great job by bringing it to fictionpress. I don't regret reading about him and his shmexay eyes XP.
Hazelnut Romance chapter 21 . 8/16/2009
cute.
Reenie chapter 21 . 8/11/2009
Aw i love this story! Especially the conversations between Kevin and Jess. Jess is such a lovable character you can't help but smile when she does her own little thing, like her crazy dialogues in her head. Thanks for the wonderful story, it was a pleasure reading it D
quotata chapter 21 . 8/10/2009
i really liked the story. it had a really nice, fresh, straight forwardness to it. i do agree that the ending wasn't perfect. it sort of just cut off, but i'm glad it stopped at a happy place.
paraNormal chapter 21 . 8/9/2009
i've never read a mafia story before so all the random mafia stuff was kind of confusing and didn't make the most sense. on the whole, the story was sweet. the twist was a nice touch and the ending was adorable.

paraNormal

ps. i liked how you used "hair tie". i'm always confused as to what to call them but for now, hair tie is my favorite term
deletingbcfictiondidn'thelp chapter 21 . 8/7/2009
Heya, just finished reading this story and I must say...wow. Really wonderful, brilliant story _ I loved it, it's definitely up there in my favourite of favourites stories list :)

Jess was adorable, Kevin awesome, the two together incomparably wonderful, Francis was kickass, and Gran Monague is someone I personally love(though I doubt she'd appreciate me calling her Gran ;) ), I'm glad Sherry and her husband were ok, Ryan's a sweetheart, Logan's a dear and Lisa a wonderfull too-old-for-her-age kinda gal :D

You used alot of line's I loved too- 'specially this one, sometime in the beginning when Jess said every bad guy was an innocent child at one point (something I believe in very wholly) and her sweet like of her saving a child's life for every life Kevin took away just made me melt...

I really did love alot of lines but now that I've written the one I loved the most I kinda forgot all the rest ;; sorry, I've got the worst memory in London.

Anyway, I really felt you deserved this review, because this story really touched me with how you let Kevin actually make a mistake that wouldn't usually be forgiven, but were, because of Jess's love for him- and the whole actually mistake of his happened because of mafia habit.

That really hit me, because then your characters weren't characters. They were people.

My best friend likes saying 'To err is human, to forgive divine' (um, forget the divine part for now) I think, with this story, you really used the 'to err is human' part perfectly. You're characters aren't just puppets on ink and paper, they're actually affected by the events and their lives enough to have their own personality and actions seperate from just the actual plot.

Or, um, something like that *embarrassed by her long rambling*

Anyway, I really loved this, and I thankyou very, very much for writing it and posting it here.

Best Regards,

O-C-W-A
WindLessNiteZ chapter 21 . 8/5/2009
hey i had atually read your story probaly around last month . i felt bad you wrote this amazing story that fill my time with joy yet i did not review for your hard work ... so sorry ... and thank you ...for writing this story .

and i love the way you write jess's character is funny and bubble very hard to write .

thx a lot .
Tidoo chapter 16 . 8/4/2009
Hi!

So far, I really enjoyed your story. I grinned a lot, I giggled sometinmes and I even cried a bit when Kevin said he was wedding Lea.

But I have a little objection for this chapter.

You see filet mignon is a peiece of pork, the one you use to rost, so it's not a steak and you never eat it rare or half rare. You eat fully cooked with mushrooms or maybe pineapple or grapes.

Oh, and just for the record, there is no building that high in Paris. But I only told that for realist purpose even if I'm sure nobody noticed those little mistakes.

And it's not really important for the story, I just wanted you to know. Good job by the way!
bubublacz chapter 21 . 8/4/2009
Aw... I love your story! It's making me gush especially the last part though I'm not quite thrilled at how you ended. I mean I love them to be together but I had hoped that the ending would give a bigger impact. But then again, I've always loved one night stand stories and especially mixing it with the mafia.
CharlotteBradhadair chapter 21 . 8/3/2009
i really liked! i thought the begining was really funny! the storyline was really creative too!

charlotte
Country Princess chapter 21 . 7/26/2009
Awesome. . . I loved it. The ending was so sweet and romantic! Funny, also.
LittlemissPatty chapter 21 . 7/23/2009
I have to say I absolutely adore this story. :D There was great chemistry between Kevin and Jessica. I love their love story. Even though I don't like stories that has a protagonist at age 20 and above, I've got to say this one changed my opinion.

Kevin for me is probably the best idiotic yet very hot and intoxicating Mafia boss ever. He's idiotic in a sense that he'd shoot her. But I love him. He made me want to become a member of a mafia.

Jessica Young is one funny lady. She's very mature (note: sarcasm) Her love for anything sweet is just funny. You made her look like a teenager rather than an adult at some points but I still love her.

Francis is one cool butler. I want him to be my butler. He's so kick-ass for a 72 year old man. Damn.

On Ben and Logan, you gotta love those 2. I have to admit I hated Ben and Logan when they appeared especially Ben but then on they were sweet and funny to Jess. They're like the other leading men.

I absolutely adore your story. great job. :)
LittlemissPatty chapter 11 . 7/18/2009
i just had to say this but. I don't know why but the last part made me cry. Damn sweet. I never thought mafia boss could be so damn sweet. Ah. love.
PickleBerry chapter 21 . 7/13/2009
Hi! New reader here and I just wanted to drop a comment on such a wonderful story that you wrote. It was incredly sweet and romantic, not to mention cute. Jessica is such a lively and bouncy girl, it was really hard to not like her. I hope you write more such adorable stories in the near future! Is there an off-chance that a sequal to the story will be up anytime? Anywyays, thanks for the wonderful story and hope to see more soon!
824 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 .. Last Next »