Reviews for Stop Politicizing the Olympic Games
lili999 chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
hi !

Cheap retail shoes watch, sunglasses, belt, hats/caps, High quality T-shirts,

ED hardy t-shirts,ED Hardy hoodies,ED hardy ,Jeans,GUCCI shoes,LV Handbag,Chanel

Handbag…high quality,low to
Analu chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Hey man, it's me, Winkywoo from dA!

Solid essay, couldn't have wrote one better man, and although I never really do keep up to date with the Olympics, I agree its supposed to be where people can gather and perform friendly competition, not a political brawl

If that was me, I would just beat em outta there, I don't really care what rep it labels me, they shouldn't be doin' that...
moongazer7 chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
Pretty good. I like it. I think you are right, and you made it really clear too. I like it.

Maybe you might like to put in what the other side has said and prove them wrong.
RuathaWehrling chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
This was a good, solid, convincing essay. I especially like the fact that you avoided getting into the various political arguments completely - you recognize (as you say in your essay) that they are are totally separate issue from the Olympics themselves. Well done!

On the technical side, there were just a few things I noticed. Mostly they're within this sentence: "Only those who have had the privelge to travel to this wonderful land have had the great opportunity to truly experience all that this land has to offer; it’s wonderful landscapes, it’s unique philosophy and artwork, and the great ruins of ancient civilizations long past into the pages of history."

First off, "privilege" is misspelled (whoops!). Also, when using "its" in the possessive sense as you are, there's no apostrophe. I know, it's stupid. I think there should be one there too. But I guess it's supposed to be compared to "his" and "hers" which have no apostrophes either. Beyond that, there's just the one spacing problem in the last paragraph that I noticed. Well done, grammatically!

Thanks for the essay. If you'll clean up those couple of little things, I'll put this essay in my C2 collection of essays so others can find it easier.

Take care,

-Ruatha
breiteliza chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
I wrote an article simuilar to this one a couple weeks ago, and just recently tweeked it. I love yours and I'm jealous of your writing, I honestly believe this is a wonderful work.
IncubusShadow chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
I'm curious, if the host country's government was committing mass-genocide, would you still want to avoid politicizing the Olympics?
truthordeal chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
I don't particularly care.
Ergot Dancer chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
"there is a movement afoot to turn the entire spectacle into a politcal event."

- So what?

"What right do you have to tarnish the experience of the Games for these honored men and women? What right do you have to turn something that is about sport and sportsmanship into a circus of politics and stunts?"

- Ignoring your laughably hyperbolic tone, I believe there is a thing called freedom of speech that might apply here. If people wish to voice their opinions on political matters then they have the right to do so. As far as I'm aware, that right doesn't include any clause stating that it is rescinded in the event of sporting competitions.

If objecting to the Chinese government's actions relating to Sudan, Tibet and their record on human rights in general can really be said to 'tarnish' the experience of a sporting event then so be it. I don't really care.

"The athletes deserve better, the Chinese people deserve better, and most importantly the people of the world deserve better."

- They have my sympathy for the horrific trauma this must be causing them.