Reviews for Am I Worthy?
RaNdOm PaNdAmOdIuM liVeR chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
didn't even read your story, just looked at the title and clicked on it...wanna know why...because I believe everybody is worthy of God's love because in his eyes he will always love you no matter what you do

NOW SMILE, PLEASE! RAINBOW PORKCHOPS

and you just got that advice from an ex-catholic, God-hatin, clinically depressed, used to be suicidal person
massattraction chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Hey Holli,

Well I have to say, I've been through much of what you've been through and are possibly still going through, and heres what God has showed me so far.

First off, whatever your purpose may be, you will have the ability to do it, no doubt about it. Its been reiterated so many times in the bible that it makes my head spin, I suggest reading Timothy, as well as 1 Corinthians. it has some "self-doubt" stuff in it.

Further, put your trust and faith in God, which I can see you're doing already.

However, something I found myself guilty of a little while ago was not putting God in the right place. I began to pray and worship so that I could FEEL closer to God, and not so that I could actually grow spiritually in him.

In any case, you're desire to learn and improve is wonderful, and He isnt going to turn you away. Dig deep, study the scriptures, and pray. You will find that you do have talent, and that it will be put to good use very soon.

Ill keep you in my prayers!

-Brook(Massattraction)
C. Hinton chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
Well, I'm not very good with the whole religion thing, but I like to think I'm capable of understanding self-doubt no matter the phraseology it's couched in.

So.

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, whether you believe fate is preordained or not, one bit of advice that you can always use is to have faith in yourself.

"The Lord helps those who help themselves." Don't look to God to fill you with more strength or self belief. Foster those feelings in yourself with your own confidence in you and never doubt that you are as worthy of whatever blessings you believe anyone else is getting.

After all, all beings are created equal no? ;)
KDR chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
I've certainly been there before. Questioning myself and my talents. It happens a lot, to be honest...

Will be praying for you,

God bless,

KDR
InebriatedOne chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
I have a freind whoes baby was born with so many birth defects that she will never walk. He mother is the only one that can understand her speach, and not even the doctors can say she will live for more then 10 years.

There is more god in that child then I have seen in any other.

Before you can help God you have to accept Him. You have to accept that the simple act of loving him is what your job on this earth is. Nothing more, nothing less. It is as simple and as hard as that.

Don't try to follow a path until you have a clear map. Wait until you completely and utterly accept him. You will know when this happens, you will stop wanting to please and stop wanting that pat on the back for a job well done.

Until then, be patient. And like my freinds baby just enjoy the trip through life. Perhaps your smile, like the one the baby gives, is all that is needed to help turn one person to God. And what a great thing that would be.
Guardian Soul chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
I understand how you feel, Holli. I feel this way myself sometimes, and it is such a hard feeling to deal with. I found myself nodding throughout this piece thinking "That's me, that's just like me."

God is always there for you, I hear people say this to me everyday, but I've seen a scrap of the uglier side of life and I almost felt like I couldn't trust God anymore. Then I got a package from my cousin. She sent me this little star-shaped box and on the top of it it said "Sorrows and Troubles". She sent a note along with it, a guide to using the box. What you do is write down whatever is bothering you on a piece of paper and drop the paper into the box. The you say a short prayer, and you say whatever you want to God. The idea is that whatever troublsome thoughts you put into the box will turn into love. It may seem like a kind of cheesy idea, but honestly it did help. I did it one day when I was frustrated with everything going on, and I felt better afterwards.

Another thing that I felt brought me closer to God was music. My friend send me a link to a video on YouTube on day. The band was Skillet, the song was Whispers in the Dark. I liked the song a lot and I asked her about the band and she said that they were a Christian rock group. I looked them up, found their website and fell in love. Christian rock is now one of my favorite styles of music. I think the most religious of them is Kutless, their songs seemed to speak to me the most. You might want to try listening to them.

Another thing that might help you is making a list of the reasons you feel you may be unworthy. Then, look over the list and make a new one. This one is going to be all the reasons you are worthy. Throw the "unworthy" list away, or maybe, if you use the idea of the Sorrows and Troubls box, put it in there. Then put the "worthy" list somewhere were you can always see it. Whenever you start feeling unworthy for whatever reason, take out that list and remind yourself that no matter what is going on in your life, no matter how you feel, God will always be there for you and He will always accept you.

I really hope I was able to help you in some way.

Guardian Soul
xGekkeiju chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
Hello Holli. (:

Religion is one of those subjects that I tend to shy away from in poetry and prose. I am not religious in any way, shape, or form, and I just can't connect to the work at all. However, because I so enjoy your work, I decided to give this a try. I suppose that I was drawn in by the cry for help rather than the religious aspects of the piece, but I hope that I can shed some light on a few things anyways!

God has a purpose for everyone, my dear, and you are no exception. I know that you have talents - I notice you didn't mention your talent for writing in there - so I suspect you have many more that perhaps you are unaware of or unwilling to admit to. If you have not yet recognized your purpose in life, keep looking; it will surely become clear to you soon. As for your worries that you will disappoint God.. well, do you think that God would give you a task you could not fulfil? I'm sure He knows you better than you know yourself, and if He believes you can do it then surely you can! Sometimes strength is hard to find - especially when you're so darn hard on yourself! You just have to believe in the Lord and, perhaps even more importantly, yourself. You are capable of so much more than you give yourself credit for. In the meantime, do what you said you wanted to: help people however you can. Maybe that's what you're meant to do - who knows?

Whatever else, you must not be worried about past things. From what I've gathered, you've strayed from the Lord once before? If so, you cannot lose faith in yourself. That was in the past, and it does not have to dictate your future. If you feel you are losing Him again, talk to people of your faith. Discuss Him; praise Him; and make sure you connect with Him again. You cannot lose faith if you don't want to.

Finally, you are worthy. As long as you keep trying - as long as you keep doing your very best for Him, whatever your abilities - then you are worthy. The Lord loves you and everyone else who serves Him. He is very forgiving and will hold nothing againt you. But what you need to do is start believing in yourself. God will give you strength if you ask for it, but you must use your own as well. Give yourself credit for your own talents; recognize them for what they are! You will be happy, you will not regret what you do, and you may even feel more connected to God. You have the courage, I know it.

All this, of course, coming from an atheist. Ironic, isn't it? I can respect faith, even if I cannot understand it, though, and I hope that my own views weren't expressed in this review. This is about your faith. This is about you.

Don't lose faith in God, and don't lose faith in yourself. The two are connected, so be careful! Lean on others if you need to. PM me if you ever need anything, Holli. (:

Wren