Reviews for This Is Me
cab fed hig chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
Haha I like the ending part

This is a neat idea :
xGekkeiju chapter 2 . 8/27/2008
Hey Holli!

I really, really connected to this chapter. There were a lot of religious references in Religion and The Arts, so I didn't focus on those.. but Love, Creativeness and The Mind, and The World and Its People were amazing. So sit back and relax, and I'll tell you why. (:

Love was more of a cute section than anything. It didnt make me want to clutch my heart with some new realization, but it had me nodding and saying "I agree" throughout the entire thing. The two that I liked most were the last two, because I know that hugs go where words can't, and that the heart is a wild horse while the brain tries to be the reins - you can't ever tame it, but you can sure as hell try.

Creativeness and The Mind was hot and cold for me. The first point made me laugh and nod - why be sane when you can have fun, right? The second one, though, made me wonder. I know that rain can be healing, but when somebody is hurting they can think of the rain as a sort of pathetic fallacy. You see the rain differently in such circumstances, sometimes. But that's just my opinion. And the last one really hit home with me. Yes, everybody needs to vent. I know that because I'm primarily a listener and people like to explode on me. I enjoy watching them heal because I know that everyone needs to let it out, and I'm glad I can be an outlet for that.

The World and Its People was probably my favourite of all your sections, though. I completely loved every single point you made. The fading into the background one almost made me cry. I'm one of those people. I was ignored by a rep sports team I played on for six years. Nobody talked to me. Nobody looked at me. Ever. I tried to talk to them, but I was completely tuned out. I can deal with a bit of hostility, but it wasn't even that - they just didn't care enough to notice me at all. And when I had to play with these girls just about every day, it really did a number on me. I started disappearing at school, too. I'm just so glad that there are people like you who realize that this is a problem! The other points touch on this one, but that was the one that I really connected to. Thank you.

Keep it up, Holli. I love hearing about what you believe in - it gives me something to believe in, too. You. (:

Wren
October Sun chapter 2 . 8/27/2008
Holli, this was awesome. I love how every time one of these is published, even more insightful pieces of the writer's heart are thrown into the world...amazing.

"I believe that you don't need to meet people in person for them to have an effect on you (this one goes out to all the friends I have made here on FP )."

Love you!

-Hadley
chartonjeremiah chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Lovely. This made me smile and I needed that. It started quite seriously and profound and ended quite easy going and humourous. Actually, I had better explain what I mean in case anyone misunderstands me. Johnny Depp the best actor in the World? A better World with a Conservative Government? These are those opinions which will get you arguing all night over the kitchen table only to agree at three o'clock in the morning that these opinions may or may not be true but there is not a certain correct answer. As for sleep not needed to feel alive I believe that this is a reference to feeling spiritually alive. Obviously, sleep is a physiological requirement to survive. One thing I will say is that if more people believed things similar to these then the World would be a happier place - and every Johnny Depp film would be a sell out at the cinemas!
October Sun chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Whoa! That was incredible! I have to say, I'm definetly inspired now.

Would you mind terribly if I copied your form? Like, writing the topic like you did above what comes after it.

Thank you for this, it was amazing!

-h
In the Rye chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
"I believe that sleep is not needed in order to feel alive."

Ever tried coke? Oh, and the body can only go about 7 days without sleep before you die, so I KNOW that sleep is very much needed in order to feel alive.