Reviews for Until You Loved Me
Yanie chapter 2 . 7/15/2012
i really love ure stories.
Guest chapter 32 . 7/14/2012
I can honestly say, this story pissed me off for so long that I was happy for it to end. They finally put all their fucking angst and drama behind them (for the most part) and moved on to green pastures. Sole reason that I was happy. This story was pretty great, and I loved the way you wrote it with all it's ups and downs, twists and turns. I love the names of the characters, as well as the characters themselves. It was depressing how everyone basically had to be torn down in order to be lifted up to his full potential. Also, the amount of detail told throughout the story about the emotions and the insights you've given were well written and etc. It was also great how each character had a real background and issues, as if they were alive/real. Though, there were many moments when their drama was almost too much too read.. Overall, it's a great story.
Good luck with life and writing, and everything else.
ibbit
ROdney MR. B chapter 24 . 6/25/2012
I love that things are unraveling and that the guys are finally getting to know each other.
j chapter 32 . 6/17/2012
I never thought I'd finish this story. That isn't meant as a criticism, it's just that like for at least one other reviewer, it just wasn't my type. Not to say that it isn't good or well-written, but the drama seemed way too overwrought. Maybe it's just my high school being strange in that there wasn't really a prominent social hierarchy, but it was exasperating seeing image be so important, so much so that Jake felt compelled to change drastically just for three guys that (didn't really) screw him over. (Although it was nice seeing him kind of question his change).

Anyways, as I kind of said before, I wanted to stop reading multiple times throughout the story. Several nitpicky things bugged me, like every single student in the school being gorgeous, and reading the emphasis time and time again on their appearance. The plot seemed over the top at times, and I found myself rolling my eyes more than once.

That's not to say that I didn't find it interesting, though. For all the annoyances I had, I found equal pleasure in the characters. I don't want you to take this review as an insult or whatever - I admired the way you tackled topics like gay-bashing and coming out and all that. Many lines were clever and made me laugh. Having noticed that you wrote this about 3-4 years ago as a teenager however, I'm curious to see how much you've improved, given that the writing is already pretty good.
Mcgde chapter 32 . 6/11/2012
*Squeal girlishly* Oh my god! That was probably the sweetest ending ever:') when I first started reading this I thought he might end up with Declan and it made me so upset! But then Declan and Seth got together and now October and Jake are together and oh my gosh it just makes me so happy! *Runs to read your other stories*
TheMusicIsEnough chapter 32 . 5/14/2012
Oh. My. Gosh. Freaking! Amazing! I love this story! You should be so damn proud of it! Wow, I love the plot and the characters and just everything. You have a real talent for writing! I'm so glad everyone got their happy ending! Well done for writing a story like this, and not having any pointless sex scenes!

I don't know how to describe this story it's so amazing. It's perfect. It's awesome. It's fantastic, stupendous and all of the other cool adjectives one could use to describe this story!

Again, well done! And never stop writing! :D
BrittanyWood chapter 32 . 4/26/2012
The ending of this story is so perfect. I had no idea what to expect for most of the story (which was SUCH an exciting change for me), but I love where it went. October was my favorite from the get go and I think he and Jake make a beautiful couple :)
Seshi chapter 32 . 4/16/2012
quick review here before i go to bed...class in seven hours...yeah i know how that will go.

anywho. this really isn't my type of story, to much angsty teenaged social drama for my preference but i did read it to the end so make of that what you will. I was actually surprised that i finished it. at the point where Jake decides to go on a revenge spree i was starting to think about stopping, but well i guess the characters amused me enough to finish. The beginning first chapter was very confusing only now after having read the whole thing can i follow it. I think the first thing that made it hard to read was the lack of names at the beginning until they say them. It would help clarify who is fighting and follow the fight if there was a way to identify characters especial seeing that the narrator (Jake) October and Seth are all he. Also I felt like as I read it character personalities changed dramatically (not referring to Jake here) I know some of it was due to Jake's conflicting view on them as he learned more about them but like Declan I could hardly believe he was the same guy who was ready to pounce on Jake after that dance with Jess (that was his name right...I'm bad with character names that only appear twice or so). At the end he was so angsty compared to sexual deviant before, and I didn't feel like I could see that in him at all anymore. I know it was brought on by his feelings for Seth, but I think some of that would stay with him to an extent. Then Leo, that really confused me. I just never saw that in Leo and was kind of disappointed in him. Brie I almost expected nothing less out of. shame for her, but I thought of Leo as someone who would be around in some way. I can see how it worked in the plotline for him to be gone, but it was a bit strange and startling.

Anyways, i think ch. 22 had to be my favorite just seeing them fall into place like that it just made me smile. I will also admit you had me upset when Jake woke up and found October gone again right at the end. I wanted to strangle the boy. The little ending mention of Declan and Seth getting it on. That was hilarious. Mostly naked declan, well pleased Seth and you just looking to cry...yep awkward lol.

off to bed anyways. thanks for the interesting story
JuneBug chapter 32 . 4/9/2012
OhMyFuckingGod!

Heya it's JuneBug! I, after many sleeplessnights, have finished this, uh Novel? Fiction? Whatever it was it was fucking amazing.

Okay so as I said before I actually deprived myself of sleep to read this, which had my manager quite angry with me. I was hooked straight away and If it wasn't already 11:00 when I started I would have finished it in one go.

The writing is incredible, your use of words was borderline poetic, no, this was fucking poetic. Every sentance sounded delicious and they were packed with words I constantly had to ask the meaning of. XD

I loved the way you described the raw emotions of the characters without wrapping it in anything glossy. It was raw, it was human and it was brillient.

Now, this is a romance so character development is important, god was yours good. I can't believe how realistic the characters where especially in those incredulous angst scenes. I loved alot of the Characters, Declan being my favourite.

The story itself had little breaks between the drama that continuosly plagued the boys and that might deter some people but I found that to be a minor problem. Also I noticed that the character development of October at the end but these are just minor complaints.

I want more Josh! Lol really, I loved that character and I really wish more was said about him (I know, I like wierd characters). Mabye consider doing a small spin off cause I'd like to discover what would happen to Josh in the future, if he'd ever embrace his sexualality and if him and Jake could ever be friends again.

Anyway this is really long so I'll end it here.

9.5/10

Love this story, love your writingJuneBug
Mekayla chapter 32 . 3/22/2012
I have to say...this was just awesome.

It had a happy ending, but it wasn't cheesy. I knew even only partway through that in this I'd found a treasure of a story.

Thanks so much for writing this!

Mekayla

PS. I know what it's like to have someone not notice you...and I'm sorry for you.

Peace and love
Nan chapter 26 . 2/18/2012
If it's any consolation Josh, Dorian Gray was gay too.
Armand.Louis chapter 32 . 2/12/2012
LOVE THIS! so amazing, so sweet, i genuinlly loved this :)
court chapter 32 . 1/31/2012
I absolutely love this story so much 3. I wish you would make a sequel because we didn't get to see enough October and Jake (
sick at heart chapter 32 . 1/15/2012
I totally loved this story. They characters were great, especially Jake, and I love the name October now.

I seriously kept waiting for the four characters to have an orgy in the story, because it seemed like they all had a thing for each other at some point.

My only issue was, I don't think the problem with Seth's sister was ever resolved. They never told him that it wasn't entirely October's fault they crashed.
JHeartbreak chapter 32 . 11/23/2011
I feel ambivalent about this story. I really liked some of the plot twists - especially when Jake decides to ruin everyone's lives, that was gratifying. The plot kept me hooked the whole way through. However, that said, I find the characters kind of hollow. Like, I don't get a sense of them as people so much as I get a sense of them as sex objects and as a rung in the hierarchy of power. The seem cold, glittering, appolonian. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing but it leaves me with an unpleasant sensation. Thank you for putting so much effort into writing this story.

Also, as far as gay characters in soap operas go, you need to check out Max from El Cor de la Ciutat. I completely fell in love with him. Just type in Max/Enric or Max/Iago into youtube.
673 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »