Reviews for Everest on Fire
StructureDKhaos chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
A very good read, easy and atmospheric! I love it!
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
A review from the Review Game on its first birthday to thank you for being a part of the community.

“And a fiery halo flickered”… flickering would work better with proclaiming also it would keep it as one sentence

“From the top that pale golden orb”…I didn’t like how you reused that phrase, I’m sure you could come up with a different, but just as great image

I like how you did the pronunciation at the end, it helped but I would do it for Sargarmartha and Chomulunga as well since I had no idea how to say those.

I liked the piece you descriptions were really great and I liked what you were describing as well, it was interesting.
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Freebie review! :D

I really like your idea here. I found it interesting how you worked from the beauty aspect of fire instead of it's usual negative meaning. It was very creative and refreshing to read.

On a similar note, I like your last line. It really demonstrates your meaning and wraps this up nicely.

The only thing I didn't like was that you used "orb" twice in the first stanza. It's used so closely together that it sounds strange. That could just be my opinion, though.

Very nice poem!
Z451 chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
Simply magnificent in the ways you describe the moutain at dawn just simply perfect.
Kit chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
I'm not one for poetry, but "fiery halo flickered" brought a wonderful image to mind.
Ernest Bloom chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
get single spacing using shift-enter combination.

this is a big panoramic picture; i prefer switching to the macro lens. show us tiny close-up particular details; not "awesome mountain ranges."

my opinion. luck.
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
this is a beautiful, beautiful poem. *applaudes* fantastic descriptions and i loved the last five stanzas especially, because i too have a great love for mountains. nice work!
Scrolled chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
That was breath taking, I could nearly see it. Your descriptive language was just beautiful. My favorite line "Til under silver orb And on black rock I climbed." Are you really looking to "improve" this? I think it's perfect. :) Hope the trip was all you hoped for!