Reviews for House of Wolves
Bluntlyhonest chapter 3 . 5/12/2011
well the first chapter of this interested me alot and so did the last chapter. is there a way that i could read the full story without you having to post everything? Do you have it on another website?
Emma chapter 43 . 5/7/2011
so i just finished reading this today, i've been reading it nonstop since yesterday and i feel like i've run a marathon or something, i can't even imagine how you were able to write all of this and finish it up! so i just wanted to let you know that this is seriously amazing stuff, i love the characters and the plot twists and just everything. you should definitely look into getting this published! also, i'm really looking forward to a sequel, i know it's going to be just as excellent as this story is!

- Emma
anna chapter 43 . 5/7/2011
such an amazing story! definitely the best werewolf story i've ever read!
kally chapter 43 . 5/7/2011
I am in awe right now.

I literally read this entire story in about a week and it became a very stressful week because of it. I picked this story in my endless pursuit of good werewolf fiction with the hopes that it would be a decent read. I honestly never thought House of Wolves would affect me the way it did because I’m so used to reading poorly written stories on fp. Usually for every 10 that I read I’m lucky to find maybe one that is decent or has a convincing plotline.

Starting this story was a little daunting because of how long the chapters were but once I got into it I could not let it go. They way you made me care about all of the characters and the survival of the pact was amazing. I found myself craving scenes between Vesper and Uriel as the chemistry steadily increased between them and fearing any mention of Kire because of how ruthless he was.

I read in your notes you were wanting our favorite moments, well here are mine. First and foremost, I cried when Kaia died in Kire’s arm. I found this so strange because she was barely in the story and her interactions with Kire were brief and violent but that moment moved me. The way you had written it was simply beautiful and their last words ,

“And if the humans are right? If there is no Goddess? If all there is…is fire?" She wailed. "Just fire for us?"Kire steadied her head with his palm. "Then I will find you, wherever you go," he said.”

This is where I lost it. Please in your rewrite, do not touch this scene. It was so amazingly heartbreaking that it was beautiful. I’ve re-read this story a few times now and it still gets to me every time.

My other favorite scene was Uriel’s death. How he finally told Vesper that he loved her, how he asked Lucian to kill him but stopped it after Vesper got upset, and when he did “die” Vesper’s reaction and trying to grab him. This scene, like Kaia’s death, I will always remember for how beautifully sad it is.

Now I do have a few critiques, I found myself skimming over Nick a lot and I think it was because I couldn’t make an emotional connection with him until he had his confrontation with his father. Before that I just saw him as an obstacle between Vesper and Uriel. I also felt like the Hollenhound was kind of thrown in randomly towards the middle and end of the story and maybe would have been a little better if you had built up to it more so you could really understand how frightening the beast is. And this isn’t really a critique but I really thought it was funny how many time Uriel got shot. I mean it seemed like every two weeks or so! lol

I’m only saying this because I truly love this story and definitely put it in my top five stories of all time! I can’t wait to buy this at the book store and see how your characters have evolved. Good luck with your rewrite and please please please keep us updated!

-Kally
NikkieJay chapter 42 . 5/6/2011
I loved it and i hope, should you want to, you can publish it.

Thank you also for providing a source of sanity to distract from exams.
theblondegoober chapter 55 . 5/3/2011
This is, by far, the best werewolf story I have ever read. I literally have no other words to describe how amazing this piece of writing is. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us all because it is truly great.
marijee chapter 55 . 4/17/2011
Vielen Dank für das Schreiben. Seien Sie gut. _~
marijee chapter 54 . 4/17/2011
I really enjoyed the way you wrote the emotions of these characters in this last chapter. Vesper, void and bereft,nothing left inside...Derrick and Masen trying to help her. None of them feeling like they belong. The utter loss the pack felt at Uriel's death...and Vee's heartbreak.

Nick brought Uriel back to Vesper. That had to be such a difficult thing for him to do. Uriel with his cryptic parting about the wolves that killed his mother...took her life. What did she possess? They were after the death hound...and what else? Does Leslie still live? Will Nick be safe?

Not all questions were answered, in fact new ones were found! I do like the way you ended this story with Vesper and Uriel taking back the pack and heading for their home. They have survived another day...and hopefully they will do ok, since the Hunters were dealt the deathly blow. The very end was hopeful...the dawn rising and Vesper and Uriel making love.

I know I have probably repeated this again and again...but I am such a wussperv. Usually when there is this much angst I quit reading the story before it's over. However, this story was so compelling and the characters so likeable and hateable, I just had to keep reading. It was a good story!

I know you said you were going to take this down for editing. I agree. There are grammatical and usage errors through out. Polishing it up would enhance this story...Oh...and if you could find a way to lightening it up...it would be perfect! LOL! Thank you for writing.
marijee chapter 53 . 4/17/2011
Hatred and fear has a horrifying effect on people doesn't it. Cameron doing this to his own sons. Unbelievable. I feel terrible for Kire and Uriel. They were born to kill. So sad.

I am glad that Uriel came out of his Berserker mode...he's fighting it and that is good. I am wondering, like Vesper, if once the beast has been loosend, will Uriel be able to contrl it?

Kire died for his brother...killed his father for Uriel.

Now they face Leslie, I hope that Lucien or Ahren is around to end him. I want this place destroyed!

Wonderful chapter. The drama, action and suspense was well done.
marijee chapter 52 . 4/17/2011
I hate that this happened to Uriel. It's like there's no turning from one's destiny. Uriel always had the potential to become this...gah! What is Kire going to do? Will Vesper be able save Uriel. I am hoping she wakes up and gets to Uriel before he's taken away by Cameron. I almost wish that Uriel would get loose and destroy everone in the compound. But that may damn Uriel further.

This world you have created is amazing. You are clever with your words and your tale. I am still hoping these characters find a way to break this spire of darkness they seem to be in. I can't imagine anyone living under so much persecution. It's depressing as hell...and yet I read on...and keep hoping!
marijee chapter 51 . 4/17/2011
No matter how they try to save each other it seems things just get worse. More wolves are going to die. It's a hollow feeling.
marijee chapter 50 . 4/17/2011
Hell hound, beserker...there doesn't seem to be much hope for Uriel. He wanted Kire to kill him...Uriel miscalculated...will they find Vesper and bring her back? Will they kill the rest of the pack? Ahren is still loose, maybe he hasn't given up on Uriel and Kire yet.
marijee chapter 49 . 4/17/2011
Sigh! Vesper is finally back with her back...but she finds no solace or relief. She's given up. Will she come to her senses and go after Uriel? She loves him...no matter what she loves him. She also doesn't have the whole story.
marijee chapter 48 . 4/17/2011
Gah! Uriel...sigh! Why didn't he listen to Ahren and go after Vesper? Instead Uriel is going to die...to give in to his depression and loss. I thought he wanted to live as long as he knew Vesper was alive. Maybe if Ahren hadn't talked to him?
marijee chapter 47 . 4/16/2011
So Kire is alive...and Uriel is all but dead. Vesper leaving him will kill him inside...will he become the berserker? I was hoping that Uriel could have made Vee understand. How can she live without him?
1,024 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »