Reviews for Sleeping with the Enemy
qwertyy chapter 31 . 7/13
I am so so disappointed with the ending. I like to think that she just ran off with Cole and all that bs didn't happen..
Blueivies chapter 30 . 3/13
Ohh no. Another second male lead syndrome. Coleeeeeeeee :(
MusicGurl8129 chapter 31 . 1/19
I'm shocked. I read some reviews for this chapter and well... some were just rude. And some I agreed with. In my past comment for chapter 30 I said how something bothered me about Joss & Jake, and after reading the reviews for this chapter I realized why. It always felt like Joss was being be too safe. She didn't take risks, nor had she rarely ever acted on her true feelings. Like when Cole ran away and Joss regretted not going with him. Without her knowing her heart told Joss to go with him, but her head told her to stay. It seemed to have stayed that way 7 years later. And like others have said before me Jack seemed too perfect. It was hard to relate to him. And then when Jack & Joss forgave each other... he said he wanted to start over, yet she asks her to marry him minute later. They never even talked, which they should of done, mistake or not, Joss had some issues she needed to be sort through. She went over to Cole's with the full intention of having sex with him. That was a red flag right there.
Joss & Cole even had more chemistry. I mean, it was centered on them from the start, so to have the story change it's course in part 2 was weird.
I will be honest, the story would have been (personally) better to me if they saw each other again, feelings ignite, Cole teases her a bit and flirts, until they settle down and develop a close friendship. They're getting close and it starts tension between them when they (Joss mostly) realizes their feelings are not so innocent for each other the second time around. Joss is too close to Cole to let him go, even though she knew that if she ever wanted to be with Jack, she had to break ties with Cole. Then one night... they spend a not-so-innocent night together. And basically it end with Joss telling Jack, she tries and mend things between them but instead she realizes after a while just how much she doesn't need Jack nor want him as much as she thought, and stays single for a year or two to find herself without a man by her side. Then to come back in contact with Cole and basically their frienship grows into more, and it's obvious they'll be together in the end.
I had hopes it would end a little like that while reading it.
Don't misunderstand me though, your characters, plots and writing are very good. And personal feelings aside, the story was amazing, and not one you forget.
MusicGurl8129 chapter 30 . 1/19

Chapter 28 was so depressing. I was feeling Joss's feelings and it hurt. In chapter 29, I'll be honest, Cole cracked me up. He put the first smile on my face, and I knew then I STILL shipped Cole with Joss. Don't get me wrong, Joss & Jack are very cute. They had a great relationship as well. But I still just didn't feel it. From the start I tried liking Jack, but I couldn't, his relationship or story didn't at all personally intrigue me. I didn't want to learn more about him, and I only saw him a side character that could be easily replaced. I'm not at all trying to say Cole was the best match, he had his bad moments (a lot), but he still intrigued me more then anything. He had these layers and sadness and he just striked me. I just wish we got to see Joss & Cole as a couple. A glimpse of what it would of been like between them. It's hard to when they withheld their feelings and didn't really get to develop as even friends. That's the only thing that really disappoints me is that.
Something that bothered me though, was how Joss kept saying how sweet and perfect Jack was. Which in hindsight, is true, but I don't know, it just bothered me. It seemed incomplete to me. I don't really know why.

All in all, personal feelings aside this is a good story with a good ending, you did it well and I enjoyed it :)
MusicGurl8129 chapter 18 . 1/18
Hot damn, I can't wait for some Cole! :D
MusicGurl8129 chapter 10 . 1/18
This is making me ship Joss & Cole more. They see each other at their worst and unhappy moments, and they still seem to have that tingle of feeling for each other. I always like that in a couple, complete honesty (maybe even too much) and I feel that with some time Joss & Cole could get much closer...;)
MusicGurl8129 chapter 6 . 1/18
So far I personally prefer Joss & Cole. It's more of a mystery with those two, I don't know what will happen next, and their reltionship just seems more interesting. Jack is cool, and sweet, but so far I'm still rooting for Cole.
I don't have any idea who Joss will end with (if she ends up wth anyone). Honestly between Cola and Jack it's a complete mystery to me. At first I thought Jack, we were getting to know him more and less of Cole, but it's steered into Cole's direction a little more. From what I've read so far this seems like it will be a love triangle where you have no idea who the girl will pick till the end.. which is exciting yet also devestating.
MusicGurl8129 chapter 1 . 1/18
Good! Very good! I love it, so funny xD
Guest chapter 4 . 1/15
Its really full of shit. Its boring and childish without any good humor. Sorry. I didnt liked at all
random reader chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
A lot of my time was spent reading this so I think it's only right that I should give you a proper review. Even though I only made it to the chapter where it skips ahead to seven years I think I can accurately tell you what I liked and didn't like about this entire story.

Your writing style is good, it'd quirky. First person story telling usually turns me off, but your description was compelling and your style made me want to keep reading. At first it seemed like a cliche love hate story. Cliche is okay, as long as the characters grow to overcome the overused premise. For a while they sort of did, or one character almost did (Cole).

Joss is really smart and I really wanted to like her. I kept waiting for her to grow out of her selfishness, but you lost me when she made the (spoiler) death of Cole's father all about her. She couldn't, for once, just be there for a friend. Not once did I witness her go through any kind of struggle, and she let her parents' inattentiveness define her even when she was aware of it.

She witnesses and experiences some hardship with Cole, and we finally begin to see some layers in Cole's character. I was glad to see them spend some time in Tampa and hoped to read about them grow closer to as a result of the hardship they went through, however it was frustrating that Joss remained WILLFULLY blind about Cole's true nature. Even more frustrating, she ultimately chooses boring Jack. Jack is an okay guy, I'm sure he's fantastic, but we didn't really get to see that. He can bake cookies and make gazebos, but he didn't give his marrow to a cancer patient, befriends said patient, and makes a great sacrifice to end his father's life. And, he did all that at seventeen, SEVENTEEN!

There was so much tension to be resolved around Joss, regarding her relationship with her parents and her mixed feelings about Cole. I really wanted to see her resolve these major ussues, and I was so disappointed when you developed the story between Jack and Joss that I grew impatient and stopped reading altogether.

You pushed and created all these situations for Joss and Cole to come together, then all that effort was thrown away, that after the time skip it felt as if I was reading about side characters. They all became boring side characters, and Joss continued to be selfish, re becoming engaged and visiting Cole at his studio to set him up for a second rejection probably, I don't know.

Anyway, of anything at least this makes a good back story for Cole. Thanks for writing, I enjoyed your writing style, but the character development and plot needs rethinking.

That's just my opinion though, and hopefully that wasn't too harsh. I genuinely want to see you improve. Please keep writing, you're good at it. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
AAB chapter 29 . 11/16/2014
Type your review for this chapter here...
bubublacz chapter 31 . 8/7/2014
Yeah somewhere along your story in the part 2 part, I could feel that she loved Jack in a different way like a marriage kind-of-way already. But I love Cole yet I could see that it was already different between the two of them.. But Ugggghhh Colleeee! I love him huhuhuhu
bubublacz chapter 20 . 8/7/2014
Oh god this is some emotional shit.. I'm crying...
denouemnt chapter 31 . 7/17/2014
This was a really good story. I somehow managed to come upon it yesterday and read it all within a few hours. Ah, the benefits of the internet...
Even though you probably don't check this website anymore, I just wanted to let you know that you're an amazing writer and that your story really messed with my emotions and feels. I haven't read Rough Petals yet, but I'm kinda bummed that Joss didn't end up with Cole. Oh well, the ending still left me pretty satisfied, since I like Jack too :)
I really hope you're pursuing a career in writing, or at least continue writing stories whenever you get the chance because girl you are talented! You're probably much older now and barely think about this story anymore, but I hope one day you could actually publish this because I think it would be pretty successful.
Awesome job :) Just wanted to let you know all this. Yeah. That's pretty much it. Bye :)
2,532 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »