Reviews for Sleeping with the Enemy
twiinklex chapter 31 . 3/31
I really love this story and the ending surprised me because she didn't end up who I thought she would end up with! Your summary and startup of the story all seemed to suggest otherwise so I never saw it coming. Having mixed feelings about it though... I preferred Cole at the start but leaned towards Jack in the second half for some reason. It's not everyday the underdog wins the bad boy in a fluffy fic, you know?

Can I just tell you how much I love the motel scene? Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for stories about feisty damsels in distress. Definitely one of the most memorable and intense scenes, full of sexual tension, that I've ever come across in my whole fictionpress experience.

I guess I'm fine with whoever she ended up with and your ending left me pretty satisfied. I did prefer the first half of the story when they were young and there was so much tension and unresolved issues. I wish we went more into that.

Am reading Rough Petals now and unfortunately I can't say the same for it. I have been stuck on it forever but I just can't seem to get interested enough to continue. Yet I don't want to not finish it. It's really disappointing and bland - nothing like this story. I am indifferent towards all the characters in Rough Petals, especially the female protagonist, Charlie, which doesn't happen very often for me. There is just no tension or suspense or thrill between her and Cole. I do wonder how it will end though.

Good job with your works :)
Guest chapter 31 . 1/24
I loved that she ended up with Jack. It was smart and he is a good man who will treat her right and make her happy. Cole is a dick. You did an amazing job and I read the whole thing in one sitting.. took 3 hours but it was awesome. Thank you
Melissa chapter 31 . 1/6
Joss didn't deserve Cole in the end. He just couldn't keep telling her he loved her again and again only to be walked all over. I'm angry in how you developed so much depth to the two of them together only to rip them apart. You write well but obviously like heartache more than love. You must hate the Beatles to, because for you, you don't only need love.
joss was a weak person who only played it safe and kept taking the easy way out, she was no heroine or role model. You write well but joss was too flawed for me to enjoy her and ultimately this story. I'm bummed i invested my in this one, it was a dud.
Aru1459 chapter 31 . 1/1
I hate u for doing that to cole...hate u really.
why did u hav to do this? Why god y?
Cole rocks...plz tell me this is a joke and cole gets the girl in the end.
Ria chapter 31 . 11/28/2013
Aww... I was really looking forward to a happy ending with Cole, but this is still a really good story!
Guest chapter 31 . 11/27/2013
Why?! Just why?! Please tell me that last chapter was a dream
genuisgina chapter 30 . 8/21/2013
I bet it's cole's...well it beta nt b! I really dnt like this story much,i xpected more. I'l give it 50%,nt the worst bt nt gud enough.
genuisgina chapter 27 . 8/21/2013
I'm sorry bt josslyn is disgusting,weak,pathetic and undeserving of a nice guy like jack. I hate cheats! U shld hav given her more backbone. Urhg! She deserves cole anyway. Stupid bicth!
Dominique Diane chapter 30 . 8/18/2013
Wow, I always thought Joss was going to end with Cole, but I almost cried when she cheated on Jack, it was so sad! :( Oh God, I have no idea of what to write anymore. Amazing story! So, she was really pregnant?
Lots of love,
Diane.
Guest chapter 10 . 8/11/2013
he asked why she was crying she told him. she has parents who know her, but don't care about her at all. he doesn't know his parents, which in my opinion is a lot less painful than her situation. sure its painful but not worse
flawlessimperfectionsx chapter 30 . 8/3/2013
I absolutely love this story, but (having read your sequel afterwards) Rough Petals was definitely my favourite out of all your stories.

Personally, I think most people have a problem with Joss ending up with with Jack because you never truly characterized Jack. I mean, we know him, but we don't know-know him. He's a one-dimensional, flat character, whereas both Joss and Cole have baggage and flaws that makes them seem more real and easier to relate to. We also got to see them develop and change, while Jack's always been perfect-so forgiving and kind. With that being said, I am one of the few fans that is extremely glad they didn't end up together. It's more realistic that Joss choose Jack. Cole was like a ticking time bomb ready to explode and Joss-being just as fucked up as him (in a good way of course)- really didn't need that. Jack's like a stable home that Joss can always come back to. Needless to say, I found this story EPIC. I'm pretty sick of all the cliche stories with the girl choosing the "bad boy", because, let's face it, in real life, we tend to choose the stable, loving, kind man.

For those who haven't read Cole's story, I highly, highly, highly recommend it. Partially because I hated Joss as a leading character. She was so indecisive and fickle-stringing two boys along like it was nothing. I absolutely hate whiny, clingy, indecisive female leads. But your writing was so great that I completely forgot about it. That is, until i read Rough Petals. Originally, I didn't have this ridiculous abhorrence towards Joss, but after reading RP, Joss paled in comparison to Charlotte. They are actually incomparable, because Charlotte is so fucking kickass. She's had a worse upbringing, but continues to be strong and independent. And unlike most of the female leads in romance books, she actually goes for what she wants and makes the moves-half of the time, like an equal.

I just realized how long my rant was, but I just wanted to end it by saying that you are quite possibly one of the best authors on this site. :)
VeronaViridian chapter 31 . 7/18/2013
Hello!

I love your story!
I'm going to read Cole's soon . .
I'm sure people have already told you this, but do watch out for the mistakes!
It does break the flow of the story sometimes . .
Other than that, I adored the whole "love triangle" thing that you had going on here . .
It really kept me on the edge, till the very end!
I admire your creative imagination . . please do keep writing!

Verona :)
Juliet Rivera chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
Just so you know, arranged marriages happen outside of India as well
Guest chapter 26 . 7/13/2013
I'm scared to read the ending of this story, because I know it won't end with Joss being with Cole. I was stupid and read the other reviews before i finished but can I make a suggestion?

Since a lot of people are upset with your ending, can you make an alternate ending where she ends up with cole? Like a sequel of some sort of what would have happened if she ended up with cole, or she ran away with him when he left when they were 17?

It's just a suggestion... please consider it :)

Thank you.
Margatini chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
"And don't roll you eyes, it's fucking annoying." Add an r to the you. :)
2,516 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »