Reviews for The Best Woman
phadils chapter 16 . 10/3/2008
Well, I'm glad Stephen told Frankie about his feelings. I'm also glad that Frankie expressed her feelings, and immediately told Wally. I still don't agree with that little chat he and Wally had, but at least Frankie gets a chance to be in a reciprocally loving relationship. She deserves it. I'm very grateful that, for the most part, everyone is being grownup about everything. Leaves little room for some of the annoying angst that permeates typical stories like these. Thanks for making the story atypical, Deluvee.

Although, I must admit, this part of the story worries me a little. Most of the time, the girl ends up leaving the good guy to be with the man she's loved all those years (the better guy?). I don't know if Frankie is meant to be with Stephen in the long run, but he seems like a good guy. I hope he's not hurt, although he's walking into a relationship with Frankie with eyes wide open. We'll see what happens!
phadils chapter 15 . 10/3/2008
Hm...I'm not feeling Stephen in this chapter. For one thing, he seems to contradict himself from something he said earlier. When he told Frankie about the woman he loved and lost in LA, he referenced the regret of not telling her how he felt. And now, he admits to wanting Frankie? Why not say something?

In addition, the bottom line is - Frankie and Wally's relationship is THEIR business. I realize that Stephen and Frankie are friends, so I can understand why he might question Frankie on some things, but asking Wally if his feelings are geunine? I don't know about all of that. I realize that he wants Frankie happy, but he needs to back off.

At the end of the day, Frankie's happiness or unhappiness is up to her.
phadils chapter 14 . 10/3/2008
I love Frankie's dad. He just broke it all the way down. I think her mom needs to back off a bit and let Frankie live her life. Nothing wrong with rooting for Wally, but the decision is ultimately hers.

I'm also glad that Frankie took some personal responsibility in being taken for granted by Wally. No doubt he was wrong (and clueless!), but as she admitted to herself, she didn't bother to tell him how she felt, either. No more tap dancing around the issue.
g chapter 16 . 10/3/2008
Yay I love me some Stephen. I'll soak it up while it lasts.
readergirl1 chapter 13 . 10/2/2008
Well good for Frankie. I aint mad at her. She's coming into her own. Thinking outside the "Frankie" box now. Getting a life!

I guess Wally and her parents will just have to recognize! She's still Frankie..just not the sweet little predictable doormat everyone is used to is all.
Bazooka Joy chapter 13 . 10/2/2008
Hm, so Wally things Frankie has changed. I don't see how except that she's more confident now than she was before. But yes, it does seem that now she is the one who is taking control because she is tired of being confused about things. Wally needs to see that. All in all, I still like this guy. But it makes me wonder where in the hell Stephen went and if he's coming back!
Bazooka Joy chapter 12 . 10/2/2008
Alright, so now I really really like this Stephen guy. He's very sweet and seems like the type of person I'd be attached to as well. I almost wouldn't mind if you ditched Wally and had Fran get together with Stephen instead lol.
Bazooka Joy chapter 11 . 10/2/2008
I felt bad for Frankie about the way her phone conversation turned kinda painful at the end. I'm kind of iffy about Stephen. But it does seem that Frankie is indeed finally letting go of Wally and those old feelings she had. In a way I'm kind of glad.
Bazooka Joy chapter 10 . 10/2/2008
Stephen still seems somewhat creepy to me but I'm warming up to him. And I'm glad Wally apologized.
Bazooka Joy chapter 9 . 10/2/2008
You had me confused at the beginning with the bit from Wally's point of view. But good chapter.
XxPunkbrat88xX chapter 13 . 10/2/2008
This is getting good!
phadils chapter 13 . 10/2/2008
Great update! I'm not so confused about where Frankie's head is. Not confused at all. I know it wasn't easy for her to decide to forgive, move forward, and forge a new friendship with Wally. She seems much more comfortable in her own skin. Go Frankie! She's handlin' bidness! And got Wally wrapped around her finger!
grumpirah chapter 13 . 10/1/2008
Bring Stephen back!
XxPunkbrat88xX chapter 12 . 10/1/2008
Aww, man. These past updates made me feel torn between the two men! I kinda want her with Stephen, but I also want her with Wally. But I feel that Wally lost his opportunity and now it's Stephen's turn!

UGH, I can't wait to read how she approaches her feelings towards them. Great update, I am loving this!
BettyBoo chapter 12 . 10/1/2008
I second what grumpirah says. I really like Stephen. He really managed to bring out a side in Frankie that I didnt expect see in her, seeing how heartbroken and sheltered she had become because of Wally. I like that you hinted subtlety that Stephen might like her and you didnt make him take advantage of Frankie's emotionally distress during their time togther - oh, I cant wait to see what happens next when Frankie meets Wally again! Will she feel the same? Or will Frankie feel like she might have left something good behind in Cali *wink, wink*
178 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »