Reviews for My Nervous Breakdown
the upward glance chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
I hate that you've had to suffer this my darling.

I've never had full blown social anxiety, but it's a component of my depression.

I've had to withdraw from university as well.

I was not even there two weeks before I had a nervous breakdown and ended up in a psych ward a d the school withdrew me.

It's an awful feeling, this stagnation. As you said.

I'm happy that you have the stength to write this down, to share it.

And, I sincerely hope you've made strides with your affliction, on any level. :)

This was very well written and organized as always.

You're such an expert at tone...

I just love your writing in general.

XOXO
RedAmethyst chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
I was surprised when I looked at your username and recognised it. I remember you from way back when I read 'And This One Time'.

I too have social anxiety. It hasn't been diagnosed, however. I tried talking to my grandmother about it - my uncle suffers from manic depression and she's forever going on about how misunderstood that illness is - but she didn't want to know. She said that if I had SAD I wouldn't be able to leave the house. She deems to have forgotten that I've only go out maybe once or twice a month, and then only with family.

I can relate very strongly to your breakdown on the first day at university. When I moved to Ireland, I had to start a new school, because the English and Irish education systems don't match up properly. I made it to lunch time and then I bolted. I never went back.

I hope you get to a point where you'll be comfortable with people again. I don't think social anxiety ever goes away, but it is manageable. So good luck to you. :3
Kumori Neko chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
I suppose my disorders aren't as severe as yours or anyone elses, but when it comes to trying to tell people about them, I can relate to you when they say it's nothing important. Because of that, I remained depressed for a year, and I have only just started to recover. But anyways, this was a very deep oneshot, and I respect it.

*DA900*
akira lux chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
I relate to this completely. I recently revealed to my mother that I had social anxiety :/

Hope you get better!
Foolish Chimera chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
I can relate, as I'm a shy person, myself. It sounds like to me that you have agoraphobia. Does your university offer any online courses you can take toward your degree?

Um, I guess I should also mention that I was a long-time lurker of your story, Kane's Field, but I was too shy to leave you a review. Yeah. I apologize for that. But I just want you to know that it was one if my favorite stories here on fictionpress and that if it were ever to be published, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I thought the character interactions were excellent.

Well, I hope that you start feeling better soon.