Reviews for The Coffee Addict
Sephiroth Critic chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
This is quite an interesting poem, somewhat humorous but also somewhat sad. From the early description (barring the title, of course), one might receive the impression that the poem might describe addiction in general. I'm reading strong imagery from "Itching to escape" and "Yellow teeth he grates", very much creating the appearance of an addict in my head.

The shorter, unrhymed lines in your second stanza are also very effective at creating the impression of rapid action occurring, as "He jumps", "He runs", "Dashes out of the school" quickly convey his mad dash for the coffee upon which he is reliant.

On a loosely related note, this caught my eye because it reminded me of a certain character (Godot from Gyakuten Saiban) who constantly drank coffee and had such a terrible addiction and obsession with it that it became comical but somewhat melacholy, much like this poem.

But I digress. Good job here; I'm fairly impressed.

-Sephiroth
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
This is a cute story. The rhyming seemed a bit obvious, but that works with the storyish tone, if that makes sense.. lol. Anyhow it was an interesting, idea. Nice job.
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
Aw.. The last line made me feel kind of sorry.. But otherwise, the imagery was vivid, especially the middle stanza with a series of verbs. Somehow the first stanza made me wonder if this poem is really JUST about coffe..

fleur