Reviews for a assortment of words
young and the reckless chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
i like the flow and the nearly-random, but oh-so-fitting rhyme schemes. great job.
The Hippie Nerd chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
I really like the "alphabetized" thingie you have in the piece, it suits the title and the ideas in the piece really well. At first I thought you were going to do the whole piece like that, which would have been neat, but using it at the beginning was smart because it let you wrap things up nicely by coming full circle to the "z." There's this really interesting feeling throughout the piece, almost like a struggle to actually bring the proper words forth, which makes the poem more effective.

"because tricksters and wordplay / are for cruel jokes and foreplay" I love that couplet. One of those bits you can't help but read over a few times to yourself.

Even though using letters as words (such as "u" instead of "you") is a pet peeve of mine, you manage to make it work because of the idea and setup of the piece (I applaud you for that).

There's a fun cleverness to this, some humour, all while teetering with a darker confusion and other emotions. Good job Arcane!
Cindy Moon chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
This is one terribly clever poem. I do love it. Keep up the writing; I'm trying to churn out somethings before my summer is up.

-Cindy Moon *)
Moon-Chaser chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
I love this, such a wonderful poem. I hope that you write more like this.

Keep it up.