Reviews for glazed doughnuts
savor those enticing dreams chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
this is amazing.

i've never really thought of what it was like for the people in new york city living through all of that... but this put an entirely different perspective on that day for me.

thank you.
Ashelin chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
I can't imagine being so close. Your parents must have been petrified. I remember my mom crying and crying the morning it happened (since I'm on the other side of the country it was about 6 or 7 in the morning when the towers fell), telling my dad he had to come watch the television. It was sort of like watching a horror movie, two giant buildings full of people collapsing. I don't know if any of it really hit me that day, though everyone was talking and teachers weren't even teaching but just turning on the radios or televisions, but at 10 it's hard to understand. And I think you conveyed that well in your own story. Good job.
IdeasInTheAir chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
This was terribly well written. I remember when it happend too, and how I didn't understand what it meant. But really, you wrote it so well, each feeling was perfectly displayed and I just loved how it was done. Excellent job!

Danielle)
PoetryQueen chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Very good and detailed. I had to write a story about my experience that day for school too. So did the entire class. Everyone was mad because the teacher could not understand that none of us could remember what we felt that day. We were only in 2nd grade when it happened! We all made up some sob story and all got an A... Sorry for my rant.

I do have three suggestions...

1. He was breathing hard, almost out of breathe. Do you see the error? If I were you, I'd just take away the sentence.

2. I would take away the part when you said the principle was absent so your dad had to talk to the vice principle. It is unwanted info.

3. You keep going on that he told you, but you wait a super long time before you say what happened.

Those are just some suggestions. I liked your detail. I could picture everything in my head.