Reviews for trauma patient
forget-me-nots chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
This is so sad. Nice Sylvia reference. I like the first two stanzas best, as well as the line, "...and three days since she will never see her husband again." Overall, very smooth, nice flow, I like it.
english summer rain chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
i've just realised all the things that annoy me about fp poetry doesn't apply here. lack of punctuation, stanza breaks in the middle of lines etc etc. (atleast you don't have the formatting to exaggerate). you make it beautiful, and i think after reading your poetry i can see why people use these techniques to create atmosphere in their work.
Morgan Duriya chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
I love the Sylvia Plath connection, everyone always takes inspirations from great writers and she certainly was a great tragic writer. Her influence is very apparent in your work, but I like it.

A poem is meant to tell a story in shorter words so this poem works very well! It is sad filled with emotions that people don't usually encounter in everyday life so it gives us something to think about! Very nicely done!
Tytherpol chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
:]

!

"nerve damage, seizures, speech impediments, brain truama"-this list messed up the flow to me.

and the author's note made me mad

BUT I LOVE THE POEM LOTS LOST OLST OY

gee 'yo tolstoy' is almost a palindrome that's cool. it plays with variations of toys anyway..

so hey! 'yo toy' is a palindrome...neato!

:]

i love that it's the nurses who explain to her

and i love the truth behind what the nurses say

and i love that you included the patient thinking she has wrong timing

god job*