Reviews for The Folly of a Monster Love
deplorably dramatic chapter 2 . 1/31/2010
This was surprisingly good. I really liked your opening lines. Oftentimes, I decide whether or not to read a story within the first few lines, and yours had me hooked.

Off to read the next chapter!
HappyCloudyChic12 chapter 31 . 1/31/2010
Uhm..so...I read chapter 32 again... _

I'm loving this story more and more. Whenever I get hooked on something, its all I think about. I can't wait till you update and great job on writing this awesome fic.
SassyGrl chapter 32 . 1/31/2010
This is awesome! plz update asap
Rizzy chapter 2 . 1/26/2010
ah! I'm intrigued! thank you so much for adding Memento Vivere to your fave/watch list (though I really need to update haha). I'm returning the favor. I must say I was impressed with this so far. The story seems interesting and I cant wait to read more :)
HappyCloudyChic12 chapter 32 . 1/25/2010
Oh. My. God.

OH MY GOD.

I read this in one day. ONE DAY!

And do you know how I'm left? Breathless.

This story is amazing. You've kept consistent characters, great plot, and your writing style is so unique! You begin every chapter with something that hooks me in & every time I told myself 'okay, you're gonna take a break and stop reading after this chapter' I couldn't.

I wish I could explain to you how much I love this fic.

Good job and I can't wait for more.
D-Mish chapter 32 . 1/22/2010
WHY MUST I INSIST ON TORTURING MYSELF AND READING UNFINISHED STORIES?

God. But not the god in your story, he doesnt seem very helpful.

This is great, abeit the plot a little cliché, but you've written it spectacularly so no complaints here. Please update! I will resort to begging and cookies if need be!
Taren Elle chapter 32 . 1/21/2010
So we finally get a taste of Ser, I was surprised how long Alma kept herself together. It seemed just as she was breaking, their time was up...Definitely looking forward to the next few chapter.
Taren Elle chapter 30 . 1/21/2010
No don't you dare feel "Super Self-Conscious", the story is still awesome I've just been trying to catch up lol the chapters are super long lol. So no worries.
SeraiRhifune chapter 32 . 1/20/2010
Oh wow...that was so great.

I wasn't expecting Ser to be that way, but it was better than I expected. I really like the transformation of Cillian, too. And Illias does care!

He better. I'll punch him if he doesn't.

I can't wait to see how this ends up! Please update soon!

I remain your obedient reader,

Serai Rhifune
Elyera Myst chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
alias,

I am such a fan. I normally just search for completed stories, so I was so disappointed when after an all night read-fest (yes, your story caused an all-nighter, even knowing that I had research to do at 6am) I was left hanging. Your characters are amazingly complicated and I love the entire idea behind the plot.

So far, Illias is one of my most favorite leading guys that I just love to hate and hate to love. I can't wait for more. Too many people on this site start an amazing thing then just let it fall flat. I looking forward to the rest of your work!

Elyera
Sarah H.T chapter 32 . 1/18/2010
Still loving this story. Writing is amazing etc. etc.

I'm feeling that this story has become a reflection on that eternal need humans have, to be loved. And how that could be their greatest fall, yet also that which most redeems them.

Also loved how you described hell, I felt like I had seen it before in a painting. A classic vision with flourishes of your own personalization. Anywho, keep it up!
E. M. Isle chapter 32 . 1/18/2010
amazing new chapter! (:

ok, i wanted to ask you some things before going into detail about what i thought about this chapter.

did you attend some writing classes or are you naturally talented? i mean you ARE talented, but... you know what i mean. it's just astounding how absorbed i am in this story.

i love your sentences, i love love love love... them. in general i'm one of those people who skip page long descriptions but with "folly of a monster love" it's different. i don't mean to say that you write page long description but they're a big part of the story, i believe, and it's not annoying or unnecessary. no, not at all. i think it's one of its essential components which make the story truly special and unique. like you said in your pm, you try to strengthen the aspects of what you deem to be important in a story, detail, character consistency and characterization, and i'm certain the readers really notice the difference, consciously or unconsciously.

i always believed that it's important for an author to write what he likes and what he wants to create, so i want to encourage you to continue with following your heart and writing stories to your own liking. i think that's important and it shows in the number of reviews you get and how many readers love the story.

so, reading this chapter i particularly tried to concentrate on every single sentence, to fully comprehend what you've meant with it and to find out how you do it; creating beautiful, great, meaningful and significant sentences. i just wanted to learn everything possible to improve my own writing (:

after reading the last chapter, i understood what you meant with everyone's breaking point in your pm. i completely agree. at first i wasn't sure if i could relate to that, but it's true. i'm mostly a whiny and weak person and when i'm under a lot of pressure and stress i always break down, but there always comes a point, the special breaking point, when i know i have to be strong and i have to stand up and do the right thing. you have an extremely amazing talent at understanding people and human-beings in general, do you know that?

well, now about the last things in your pm. thanks for telling me that Follies is your first story that is longer than five chapters. that gives me courage that someday i may also be able to finish a story. so thanks!

and i want to thank you for sharing your story on fp, because there are a lot of authors out there who take their stories down due to plagiarism, and i certainly understand why they do it, but i hate to see all the good stories gone and i'm happy i found your story. so i wanted to say thanks as well, for sharing a great story and making me see the joy in writing again, and reading, and art, and...

i'm looking forward to the next chapter!

take care, e. m. isle
AndItMovesUsAll chapter 32 . 1/18/2010
Hm im liking the panic and worry in Illias at the end there, its promising :D

I loved the river of screaming people and the idea of lonliness as humans hell, as always, its an interesting concept.

This story is actually really weird in the sense that ive never read anything like it. The characters and fantasy world youve created are very unique and ive never read any books with the constant philosophical ponderings like this, makes for a good read.

And i dont actually mind reviewing this story :), dont get me wrong i always review when i read but this is one of the ones where it comes more easily, probably because of the chapters-like-books-themselves thing i mentiond before. :)
MademoiselleS chapter 32 . 1/18/2010
I must say with each chapter you out do yourself. I have fervently awaited Ser and Alma's encounter since the day he was outside Alma's building and was not disappointed. I have always perceived Alma as weak whenever her feelings are included in a situation, but I guess it was just her penchant for Illias. She handled the whole meeting extremely well hardly letting Ser's words affect her despite all she has been through which I find very courageous.

I forgot to review the last chapter so I guess I'll just do it now :D. I must say that chapter was intense, but I do not think Illias is bad/evil because of it. I am positive Illias cares deeply for Alma but he tried to hide it from Sloane which shows even he is not impervious to peer pressure. Alma was angry and she said some really harsh things to him in her rage. I do not commend him slapping her, but I have to say Alma definitely provoked him. We have to stay aware to the fact that Illias is a demon and I'm sure a demon's emotions are more profound than a human's.

Anyways I'm done with my rant and I await the next chapter with bated breath.
autumnsprite chapter 32 . 1/18/2010
WOW! Your description of 'hell' was so graphic, i could imgine it in such detail! This chapter was amazing and Alma was so strong! I wonder what Ser tasted in her blood though? I can't wait for more! :D
803 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 .. Last Next »