Reviews for The Folly of a Monster Love
DarkestOfNights chapter 43 . 8/3/2011
Well now that was quite the chapter, very insightful on the whole hero thingy her professor was talking to her about. So glad she made her story into something the professor would understand and not think she was crazy or something, way to go Alma. Anyways, I do like that Warren has not given up on her yet. I think she should give him a chance, Illias is gone, and while I know she can't help but hold on she needs to let him go. Not completely but just enough that will let her move on and live her life. She should be content just as Warren said, I hope she tries. I'm glad that she found the ring, something nice and real to have as a reminder of Illias, even though he would probably say or think she was being childish for wanting to keep it...well maybe, I don't know. Don't keep us waiting for too long :p
petite.tomate chapter 43 . 8/3/2011
Hurrah for the update! You're coming fast and furious with these, they're the perfect antidote to boredom on lazy summer nights. :)

Though I've said it several times before, I'll say it again: I love the emotion that you put into your writing. We as readers can really feel what Alma's going through. One of my favorite lines: "It took a special kind of strength of Alma to say, 'It was nothing. I haven't seen him since.'". What a line! It seems so pithy, so short, but it packs so much meaning into it. Reality and normalcy must be so intensely grating for Alma after what she's been through.

I like how you had the Hero Theory explained by the professor. It's great that she (and we) are getting some actual scientific theory on all of this. Kudos for doing so much of this research! It still amazes me, how intricately woven and well-planned-out this plot is. Wow. Just wow.

One thing I don't like, though (though I'm probably biased because of my proclivity for Illias) is how Warren is slowly making his way back into Alma's life. I understand that she needs some form of happiness, some kind of human companion, but he just seems so shallow and (dare I say it?) immature and insignificant after Illias. He'll never be able to fully grasp the depth of Alma. She needs more than that. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see how the story turns out, though. A stubborn part of me refuses to give up hope that Illias will come back.

Until then, I eagerly await the next update! Thank you for your kind replies, and happy writing, wherever you are.

Cheers!
DefyGravityy chapter 42 . 7/24/2011
Wow, it took me about three days, but I finally caught up on all of the chapters in this...incredible story. I have never read a story where it causes me to smile, loud outbursts, and force me to cry my eyes out. When Illias died, I literally bawled my eyes out. You're so witty and every sentence is so incredibly and beautifully crafted - I practically fall in love with your writing. I will definately be sad when this entire story is completed because I will miss it so much. I hope you continue to post more stories like this in the future, because I really look forward to it.
insomniac chapter 2 . 7/22/2011
*and then vice-versa later on. You make all the uncertainty, denial and selfishness, seem so very natural. (All these weird facts about psychology and Greek mythology are also added in so fluidly that it appears as if you recalled them off the top of your head, haha-I kept on wondering how much research you had to do, if any, that is). Anyway, I'm definitely going to follow this to the end! Thank you for sharing such a great story with us.

P.S. I derped and sent my review as two reviews because iPod touchscreens are just finicky like that.
insomniac chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
As someone who frequently tries and fails to write pieces of significant quality, I can only say...WOW! I started reading this last night after a couple years of just glancing at its title on various Favorites lists, and had finished all 40 chapters by this morning. I love how realistically Kale seems to manipulate Alma's point of view, and then vice-versa lat
LiNdSaY.AP chapter 42 . 7/15/2011
man, what a way to come down after the whole last chapter. your writing has such a way that you read it and get sucked in, thus feeling exactly as everyone else does. i feel so depressed after reading this chapter! lol but in the best way possible...i can't wait for the next few chapters, AND the new story!
Alexcat58 chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
I don't even know where to start. This story has consumed my thoughts for over a week now. It plagues my daydreams and my dreams. I suggest you publish this because this is without a doubt an amazing, inspiring, enigmatic story. I can't fully express how elated I am of finding this story. Please bring illias back to Alma! This chapter just had sorrow and tragedy. You would be saving us a lot of heart ache and tears. Your awesome! Keep up the fantastic work!
petite.tomate chapter 4 . 7/10/2011
Since you updated, I've reread the story again...and I just had to review again. Wow. I don't know if you know the emotional effect your story has on its readers. It's really quite amazing how human, how devastatingly - and wonderfully - human your characters are. After my second reading, I was blown away again, by the depth and sorrow of your plot. It feels like I am Alma, aching and empty inside. It's like I myself am yearning for Illias (however crazy and mad that makes me sound! But I suppose that's what a well-written story is supposed to do!) and boy, am I yearning.

Please bring him back! Yes, he's far from perfect. He's enormously flawed, he's got a dark history, he's wrong in all the ways possible. But I think that's what makes him so real. That's what makes him so lovable, and that's what makes him so right for Alma. After all he's been through, he deserves a little bit of happiness, and that little bit of happiness is Alma.
devs chapter 42 . 7/10/2011
I am not a very emotional person and this chapter made me cry a bit. You have an incredible story here. I think you should try to get it published once it's done.
crissy19 chapter 42 . 7/10/2011
its really had to believe that he is dead. Totally sad. i hope u bring him back! I actually kinda cried 2. they belong together! Update soon plz.
DarkestOfNights chapter 42 . 7/9/2011
Alma is most defiantly going to be in a world of sorrow for quite some time, makes sense especially since she went through such an experience. It's not like getting over the feeling of taking off a band aid that you've left on for longer than you should have, sure it hurts while you're taking it off and there is a slight sting afterwards but it gos away pretty fast. This is something entirely different, it's something that she will most likely never be over, she may never find some sort of peace but I guess it's only to be expected. But of course it would be wondrous if somehow Illias was reincarnated and given another chance, or just given a chance to live period not knowing all that happened before a clean slate but I know I know I'm getting to hopeful, I shouldn't expect a sappy happy ending to this tragic story. Although it would be nice ;3 But hey I'll take the story as you give it...I think I used the word "but" way to many times in this whole review lol Can't wait to read your new story.
petite.tomate chapter 42 . 7/9/2011
I confess. This chapter made me cry. It's like we are living Alma's life, seeing her days roll by through her eyes. We all know the feeling, how odd our houses seem when we've been away on a trip. For Alma, it must be ten times that, and sad and harrowing at the same time.

I discovered your story a month or two ago and became instantly addicted. Imagine my surprise when you updated just now! I can't wait to read the last couple of chapters. And is it terrible of me to hope against all hope that Ilias and Alma will discover each other again? That they'll have their happy ending? The romantic side of me is begging for a neat resolution. Any hints as to what's going to happen? ;) Please don't say that Ilias is gone! In any case, I suppose I'll just have to wait and see.

Please update soon! This has been one wild, emotional ride, and I'm greatly lookin forward to the next chapter. Happy writing, and cheers! Thanks again for the wonderful update!
Treign chapter 41 . 6/25/2011
Wonderful story, through and through. It's so deep and thought out it makes me gasp. I NEED more of this. Soon. Or else i might be like Illias and stalk you till you update!
petite.tomate chapter 40 . 6/7/2011
Ah sorry. I accidentally hot review and it won't let me review the same chapter. Anyway, I really have come to love Alma and Illias. I was uncertain about them at first. But now...I want them to prevail. I want them to win, I want them to live, and I want them to be happy, together. I can't wait (and am perhaps a little scared) to see how it all turns out.

Best of luck in the writing process! Update soon.
petite.tomate chapter 41 . 6/7/2011
I have to echo the sentiments of the previous reviewer...wow...just wow. Your story blew me away. I am writing while sleep deprived and tapping away on my iPod touch, so I can say quite confidently that your story is beyond engrossing.(Please excuse any typos, iPod typing really isn't my forte).

I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical when o first started reading. I thought it was just another supernatural romance, but now I see that it is anything but. Your plot is so intricately woven, your characters so fleshed out, I feel like I'm reading a well-worn novel with dog eared pages. That's another thing I love about your story-your characters. I love how you made them with flaws; none is perfect, especially Illias. We really can live the characters' lives.

I finished your story in huge chunks, devouring chapters throughout the past day since I've disc
803 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »