Reviews for The Folly of a Monster Love
Kally chapter 41 . 5/18/2011
Where to start? I began reading this story on Monday believing it was just going to be a cute demon fluff but as each chapter unfolded I slowly realized this is an actual story. (If that makes sense) I have ended up spending the past few days glued to my computer; reading a handful of chapters at a time and trying to make myself stop so I can go to work. I definitely have put this in my top three of all time favorite FP stories and this is only 1 of 2 stories that have made me cry.

The way you have written Alma is unlike any character I have ever read before. The way she blamed herself for her mother’s death was heartbreaking and very convincing at the same time, as was her dealing with Illias and his control over her life. Even their relationship was not rushed, which is something that throws me off of stories very quickly. Their relationship had me giggling at some parts and just pissed in others but each time hoping that they could just connect and be happy.

And I LOVE that you had Alma step up and face Ser! Nothing annoys me more than watching a character grow in a story only to have them still being saved in the end. I guess it’s the girl power in me but when she went to the lake to confront Ser I was literally shouting encouragements in my living room. Thank god my roommates are gone.

The last chapter was amazing; Alma’s bravery had me smiling even though I knew there was no way this could end well. And Illias, showing up at the end; throwing himself in front of her, his last chance to try to save her, Beautiful. (And btw this is where you had me in tears) I guess what I’m trying to say is that you have me feeling for these characters. From Cillian, to Lilith, even Kale in his last moments, and of course Alma and Illias, I care about what happens to them and hope that some miracle occurs where mostly everything will be all right. Please? Pretty please? lol

Now for the begging. Please please please please update soon! I desperately need to know what happens next and after spending three days reading this I’m slightly on edge with the cliffhanger. I probably should have paced myself but meh!

Oh and also I feel like I took a beginners course in psychology while reading this, in a good way!
E. M. Isle chapter 41 . 5/3/2011
wow... i'm blown away. that was one mighty chapter. i really enjoyed reading it and it was truly inspiring. i like how you made the reader understand why Alma does what she does. that was really important and an amazing wrap-up of all the secrecy in the chapters before. keep up the great work, and it is truly worth waiting for your updates :) i'm looking forward to reading the whole story again when it's complete. all the best
Daddy's Little Peach chapter 40 . 5/2/2011
I know I've left a review already, but I was in a hurry so I'll leave a proper one now...

This is one of my absolute favourite stories on here, and I've read some crackers. Sure, it would be nice if you updated more often, but I know how long my writing takes so I'll forgive you. Your writing just goes into so much depth and detail that I truly feel like I know the characters inside and out. Plus, you've thought long and hard about the supernatural side of it - so many people leave massive loopholes in the plot, but your writing is really tight.

I can't believe there's only 5 chapters left! I look forward to reading them :)

Mish xx
ess3sandra chapter 41 . 5/2/2011
wow wow wow. crazy alma. i love that name, i will name my kid after that name. i laso had a math book in preeschool named alma, great. more illias! yeah.
anonypie chapter 41 . 5/1/2011
OH..my...God...
DarkestOfNights chapter 41 . 5/1/2011
I think I knew as soon as I started reading this chapter that it wouldn't end on a happy note. It's sad really, I would have liked to read where they both survive and live happily ever after, but that's just not in the cards, it most likely would not have made the story better. I'm all sad now, but they both died together, and he knew it was for those she loved especially for him, and she knew he did in fact die to try to protect her. He really did love her, now I'm REALLY sad. BUT on a side note I really enjoyed this chapter, it was extremely thoughtful, it flowed nicely, I had no trouble picturing the chapter in my head, well same go's for every other chapter in this story, that's how good your writing is missy :3 And now that I've said all that there is a part of me that is thinking maybe I've jumped to conclusions thinking that this is the end, is there more? will they somehow live or come back to life or something? And if they don't I'm guessing we will have a prologue type thingy. Bahh I hope you update soon.
aabidabi chapter 41 . 5/1/2011
This chapter was kinda confusing..

Still cant wait for the next one!
Mantis Pie chapter 41 . 5/1/2011
oh my. First of all, This is probably one of the best FP stories I've ever read, and I've read a LOT. Your writing is outstanding and the general plot of this was great as well.

I've read this about 3 times(from the first chapters) and I can't get enough. You truly have talent and you should think about writing much more. even if your updates take FOREVER!

All in all, this is the best. I love it. I love Alma. I love Illias. I love YOUU!
A chapter 41 . 5/1/2011
o_o

Four words,

IS THIS THE END? D:
Letyne chapter 41 . 5/1/2011
Thanks for this new chapter :)

Great work
rose-in-the-snow chapter 41 . 5/1/2011
Wow...I don't know any words to describe how awesome this chapter was. However, I would be lying if I said it wasn't sad. Alma finally accepted her destiny and defeated Ser. My favourite part was with Alma and Illias, I really do hope that they get their happy ending.
Daddy's Little Peach chapter 41 . 4/30/2011
Woah, cliffie much? I hope you update soon so I know what on Earth is going on!

Mish xx
Skyterra chapter 41 . 4/30/2011
This pretty much needs to continue. Now.
September Stone chapter 41 . 4/30/2011
WOW! Tht better not be the end! I thought it was a great chapter but still theres no way it can end there. Please update soon! :)
A. Raconteur chapter 41 . 4/30/2011
I was so relieved to see you updated today-I kept checking to see if my email was just failing me and you HAD updated. But the wait was worth it. This chapter had enough suspense to keep me reading as fast as I could to get to the next paragraph. It flowed very well, and I really liked the scene when she relives the last day with her mother. Great job! I hope this isn't the last chapter, so then I hope you update soon!
803 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »