Reviews for Nice Place to be Lost
truelala chapter 4 . 9/9/2008
Their baseball team sounds like my old football team-one step short of stellar.
truelala chapter 3 . 9/9/2008
I am so curious.

He has no clue about baseball or driving, but can kick butt.

And he's surrounded by awkwardness.

I am so happy.

You probably have it already planned out, but I'm going to voice it anyway-where does he live?
truelala chapter 2 . 9/9/2008
You definitely used the "can of whoop ass" in this story.

I think I'm in a temporary state of nirvana.

I like how you cancel out the personalities. Paul has a very controlled personality, while his new found friends are brimming with it.
truelala chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
I found this story eons ago, and am so happy that I have rediscovered it! The el computadora passed away before a review was possible.

My favorite characters:

The parents.

I just love awkward adults.
Bob Evans chapter 5 . 9/6/2008
Wow, that one actually caught me by surprise. Kudos to you there. You've connected your Mike and Ross saga into this one; I should have guessed it when the cashier mentioned that his name was Ross, but it hit home when he said that his old girlfriend was Alicia. Of course, from what brief glimpse you've shown us, the future for Mike and Ross looks pretty bleak. They're separated, and Alicia is dead. How curious. And yet, perhaps this is somehow intertwined...

Or maybe it's just one really big Easter egg you threw in for fun.

Anyway, just had another crazy theory while reading this. What if Paul is actually an experiment for some kind of organization (or just a young recruit), and was brought on to search for something. Something that could only be seen with the use of those goggles. And whatever it is, it's so dire that he has to keep them on constantly, just in case he catches a glimmer of whatever it is he's looking for. But of course, it could also have something to do with the whole Mike and Ross thing. Who knows?

Bob Evans chapter 2 . 8/27/2008
As a random side-note, I've always noticed that the ads at the bottom of the FP page always try to be orientated to the reader on some level related to the piece of fiction they are reading. Yet, I am deeply puzzled about the one below this chapter, advertising teenage girl's clothing. . .should I take this as a clue to the direction you are taking this plot?

So, Paul has no relation to the Cyclops, eh? Then I guess his eyes don't shoot hyper-intense energy rays if not protected by specialized technology. MAYBE Paul is an escaped mental patient that has a fetish for protecting his eyes. That would certainly be a plot twist I didn't see coming. . .oh wait, I just did. Shoot.

Anyway, I suspect this baseball subplot will be the focus of several chapters, and quite possibly play a roll later to come. But with so little known at this time, I have no predictions just how that will take effect. Until then, keep writing!

Bob Evans chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Hmm, why oh why does he need the green goggles?

Although it's only been the first chapter, we've learned quite a bit in the process. Firstly, that Paul is reluctant to give any information about his past (an obvious one, but even the most obvious clues give information away): it's probable that wherever he was from would be associated with a bad rep, but then there's also the possibility that he's from somewhere "unknown", and that unknown could mean any number of other things. Then we also know he's bad at giving excuses; or he's simply content with saying "I'd rather not talk about it". So either he doesn't care if everyone thinks he's a little weird (which means he doesn't have too much to hide), or he's just not very good at keeping subtle (which means his secret is going to catch up to him). And of course, we can't forget the center of the attraction; the goggles.

Personally, I think if it were just something wrong with his eyes (a weird color or different shape) he would've simply worn sunglasses. The fact that he's wearing goggles suggests that there's a very important reason his eyes can't be in open space. A possible allusion to the cyclops from X-Men, perhaps? Hmm...

Well, I shall keep reading and examining the clues. Let us see where you take this.

TheDrowningAstronaut chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
Ahh, I'm interested. You capture that awkward-first-day-at-a-new-school feeling pretty damn well, haha. Obviously Paul's got some kind of past, and I really can't wait to find out what it's all about. Like the hokey-pokey.

Ignore me, I'm lame and immature.

But I'll be keeping an eye on this story. Those goggles. Hah. Definitely wanna know what's up with those goggles.
38 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3