Reviews for Freshman
Luna Turner chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Well, my eighth grade year isn't like that! :D

I loved this one. It truly is how being a freshman is isn't it?

I do have on criticism.

You spelled freshman wrong a couple times and it's almost contradictory because you spelled it in several different waysin the poem.

But it was a good, original, refreshing idea.

I liked it a lot!

Luna Turner
Awesome Albino chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
it was funny! freshmen year is not scary or anything! but being an upper classman owns! good job!
Angelic Hellraiser chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Ha! I remember those days.

The flow is very comfortable.

I like it. :)
Needa S chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
lol Freshmen year always seemed so important. But it is as you stated, just like any other grade. Just a bit higher and a bit harder. Nicely done. Write on.
Looking for Bliss chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Yeah, i don't get the whole freshman year thing either... It's different in England but from what i've heard and read its like you're suddenly grown up...
May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
I like this. Instead of sounding angst-ridden, it came out almost like a comidic poem. Well done, and I liked the tone of the poem. Maybe a little more description in the poem, perhaps maybe a metaphor/similie/colour or people description, just a little to make the poem come more alive. That's just me, and maybe you're experimenting with different styles and tones, perhaps not as discriptive works for this poem. Just food for thought...Reminds me of my middle school/high school years *shudders* lol All in all good work. Ah...I see I started to ramble on...lol
JamezBfod chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
High school is the deepest pit in Hell, I always thought.

It gets (somewhat) better in college, though. Either way, you couldn't pay me to be a freshman in high school again.
fluidwriter chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
Ugh, I knew freshmen have it bad lol. I didn't get to experience the humiliation as being a freshman because I'd been homeschooled mostly my whole life. But I think you did a very good job on this so I'm adding this on my favorites.
When Twilight Fades chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
o.o I like this. The only thing I found wrong was that freshmen should be in the singular (freshman.)

Onto what I liked! :D The first bit sounded a little sing-songy, and I liked the irony of it. XD I don't know if that was intentional but it worked. Also, I like how you closed it with a bit of slant rhyme. The whole way through seems like a diary account of your first day, so the fact that there isn't rhyme elsewhere, except the slant rhyme you used with face/late and stain/grade, works nicely as well.

Overall, good job! :) I hope you enjoy your freshman year as well. XD It wasn't all that bad. I'll be a junior on the third... -gulp- Well, good luck!

Twilight Fades.:
Savella chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
LOL, how true! Funny as heck, though!