Reviews for The Patriot
Icyfire4w5 chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
I used to roll my eyes whenever people said stuff like, "My country! My motherland!" Ein might have been young and too idealistic, yet his selflessness is admirable.
xlovexpollutionx chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
this is really lovely. and supremely sad. you have a fabulous way with words.
frigoetmoi chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
the whole thing felt really real. great job. wow. :) China's good now. I feel sorry for Aya tho.
D. L. Cross chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
Wow. Nice; I'm sort of speechless. Everything just seemed so real and well written. I feel so bad for her; the intensity, anger and emotion just seemed perfect.

The ending was kind of ironic, I was so positive that it was a ring as well.
madder red chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Whoa, Aya's voice just jumps right out of the page, you're so good at writing! But is it just me or is the ending anti climatic? The part where Ein died. It seems to me Aya didn't show enough remorse or regret, or guilt when she wanted Ein not to go because she wanted him to stay with her and not because she was worried about his safety. But then again Aya seems like a very strong character and the last two lines more or less explained her feelings. You're a great writer!
J-Ling Lime chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
mm wow. nice chen. idea was pretty original.

idk i have some weird feelign about it though. like osmethings not right. like the story is original but the writing style isn't? idk. just what i think.

good luck on future writings )

-joyce.
Jaeiyola chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
I'm speechless. Everything is just so...perfect, every line, every single sentence.

Towards the end, I started to tear up; all the emotions from the war and her second-placed love - it reached its maximum point and let down slowly.

I don't usually read war-like stories of any kind, but I felt myself greatly loving this piece. And seeing it and comparing it with China's history, as I'm Chinese; it makes everything more real.

I can't believe the intensity; it will be added to my favorite list. Great job! :)
idream chapter 1 . 8/27/2008