Reviews for To the Core
Guest chapter 43 . 1/6/2013
Absolutely loved to the core, was quite dissapointed to see that there's no sequel yet! Please keep writing and I hope you get around to finishing this series, it really deserves it.
Crytyk chapter 42 . 6/14/2009
Too awesome for words. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Queen of the Shadylands chapter 11 . 5/22/2009
Ok I read most of this early hours this morning and then the rest when just now having got out of bed. Anyway I was in a strange mood last night and I noted down some things, so here is what I wrote last night.

Love the beginning with Molly's comments and then Little Cindy's reaction.

Love the fact that the ship is called the Lewis and Clark hee hee

'They also had the Minutemen, the largest single, independent collection of powerful psychics known to exist amongst all of humanity, along with their unique equipment, most of which was enhanced by charms using the combination of wild and structured powers that Collin and Lioness were the first to ever be capable of creating. Never mind what the two of them were capable of doing directly; he didn't get the handle "Singularity" for nothing, after all.'

- It is a bit unnessisary as I already knew this making it slightly repetative.

Little Cindy's physical "body," a hardened and armored box exactly on meter cubed

-I am probably just being picky but I always find the use of the word exactly a bit pushy and unnesessary and I get a little annoyed by it, it may also have something to do with the fact that in my head I am picturing it being said by someone I used to know who used to say the words exactly and actually in such a superior way that it really used to annoy me. Sorry it my own emphisis on the word.

The same goes for precisly though my friend never used to say that though I can imagine her saying it.

'They had gotten a lot of double takes and raised eyebrows as they passed through the corridors,'

-Hee hee I can so picture them grinning mischieviously at the looks them and the other minute men are getting

The installation went smoothly without any real problems

-The without any really problems is just repitition. Plus I don't think you need to identify the on e problem there was, technicals I didn't need to know.

Also, any of the Minutemen, not just Lioness and I, are here anytime you need to talk to somebody."

"Thanks, Daddy."

-Awe that is just so cute.

Well that is what I wrote last night as for the rest this morning. I thought it felt a little bit jumpy as you accounted the events after arrival and I also had to wonder why the Admiral asked Cindy to do a report on the minutemen when she had already been 'making it a point to read reports of every single drill and practice exercise they did with her TacComs'? I was confused at first as to why Little Cindy was in the shape of a child but once you explained I thought it was brilliant, oh and I also loved her joining in with the poker game and the Captain telling her go win. Hee hee. I did think that the ending was a little cheesy, but overall a fun chapter.

Queen of the Shadylands chapter 8 . 4/30/2009
Skydiving in, that was so cool. And I love the fact that he was thinking about it making the news rather than the fact that he is just about to jump out of a ship into space and down towards a planet. Got some good battling in there. I loved Molly's comment “That'll teach them not to fly straight at me!” hee hee

'Stiletto class destroyers!' I love that name for a destroyer.

Queen of the Shadylands chapter 7 . 4/28/2009
Okay finally getting down to reading this, been exceptionally distracted I am liking the characters, glad to finally have met them all, the apparent hippy made me smile(hippies always survive). I have been finding some sections difficult to read, everything is so well thought out and full that I would faze out (I have a rather short attention span, innocorrect, I have a very short attention span). It's all interesting but a bit too much detail for me and yet it is building a really strong universe. I am hoping now to see a bit more of them all in action and to the whole mission that was brought up in the first chapter.

Shall read on soon

Greenery chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Very interesting beginning. It definitely grabs my attention. I love your attention to detail. Everything seems so well thought out. And the characters so far are well-rounded, 3-dimensional people. Bravo!
Aberrant Lycanthrope chapter 41 . 4/7/2009
Interesting. I await more.
Colton M. H chapter 41 . 3/9/2009
I like it. Looking forward to more.

I'm liking the Mobies. Although I'd like to see them actually give a name they call themselves. Not too many of the truly psychic species in this so far have done that- which sorta disappointed me.

All in all, looking forward to the next chapter.
Queen of the Shadylands chapter 4 . 3/4/2009
I do rather like Colin and Lisa and feel pleased for them for them when they had figured it out and were demolishing the buildings. The fact that they were also pushing their freak image made them seem fun and helped me to like them, oh and I liked the whole making people's hair longer for a bit of cash,I wish I could do that it would be so fun. Hee hee.
Queen of the Shadylands chapter 2 . 2/21/2009
Hee hee sounds like my kind of fellow, just delight that you winning at all, always fight someone frail and small... well not in Collins case as he didn't have much choice in how to fight... sorry rambling.

Anyhow so far I like his character, he sounds like he is going to be fun to follow, logical but a sense of daring to him, the type of person that would take all he can get from life. Lisa seems alright, though with the first section being from his point of view I didn't get to see so much of her character or background coming through. I liked the change to some normal people when you did the jump of years... umm not really sure why I liked that so cant give you any feedback there but I did like it particulary when Collin woke up and freaked out the water, hee hee that cant be healthy for the fish

Oh and you've got an interesting use for the word charm. Gives a rather supernatural or magical feel to their abilities but then when you convert most sci-fi to fantasy it turns into magic.

Shall read again soon,

-Queen of the Shadylands.

P.S. The first line of the first chapter the 'finally' and 'uniforms' should be switched around. It could be off putting if the first line of a story is wrong, I think I had to read it a few times before I realized what was wrong with the line, though that was mostly dew to the fact that I get confused a tad easily and then am slow to pick up on things. Hee hee.
Queen of the Shadylands chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
So a star trek style exploration but not quite so happy go lucky. I did find it a little difficult to read at points and I got mixed up sometimes as to who was who and had to make sure I took my time as you described the situation. This though was more towards the beginning and half way through I did find it easier to follow.

I liked the whole wild and structured phychics idea and am interested in find out in more detail what it is that they can all do. I also can't wait to meet Molly who sounds quite fun. Hee hee, 'punkass kid sister' made me giggle. The same for the rest of the minutemen. Having interesting and fun characters often makes the difference to me.

I shall read on when I can.

Master0fDisaster chapter 40 . 2/12/2009
Excellent chapter. The varying view points have been interesting.

Keep it up
Colton M. H chapter 40 . 2/12/2009
Good chapter, again. I'm liking this a lot; can't wait for what happens next with the aliens in the nebula.

So their vacuum breathers, right?
Master0fDisaster chapter 39 . 2/11/2009
Ok I'll deal with the length just keep it coming

A

Pretty good chapter though for the size keep up the quality not just quantity.
fusionbeam chapter 39 . 2/11/2009