Reviews for To the Core
Colton M. H chapter 39 . 2/10/2009
It was good. Personally, I'm wondering if the nebula itself isn't alive; that'd defiantly make something interesting to see happen. And it'd make it seem more alien, too. Looking forward to more.
Aberrant Lycanthrope chapter 38 . 2/9/2009
cliffhanger, much?
fusionbeam chapter 38 . 2/9/2009
good but a little short after so long a wait
Aberrant Lycanthrope chapter 14 . 2/8/2009
A story of epic proportions.
Aberrant Lycanthrope chapter 11 . 2/8/2009
Excellent.
Aberrant Lycanthrope chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
Quite an interesting start.
Colton M. H chapter 38 . 2/8/2009
I liked the chapter. It was different, yeah, but still good.
Master0fDisaster chapter 38 . 2/8/2009
Yeah a new chapter finally.

But it is ridiculously too short. Please update soon
Colton M. H chapter 37 . 1/18/2009
I liked the last few chapters a lot! I wonder how those one aliens do that without having any sort of signs of energy; maybe their silicone-based instead of carbon-based, or something.

Looking forward to more; and I wonder if we'll see the aliens that attacked again.
arielsliverstorm chapter 37 . 1/7/2009
great story.
Kyllorac chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
The first thing that grabs my notice is the sentence structure. It feels to me that you're trying to describe too much in each sentence, and this results in them feeling a bit awkward and befuddling. There's nothing wrong with them grammatically, but there's just a lot going on in each sentence, and so it becomes a bit difficult to keep track of what's going on and who is who. Also, having a lot of details slows down the pace substantially, which isn't necessarily a bad thing; I just feel that this chapter would be better, especially in the beginning, if it were more terser so that the feeling of tension (which is implied and mentioned but not really felt by the reader) would be enhanced.

I do like how you pepper the dialogue every once in a while with tags that explain what the characters are talking about. I can't find an example right now, but I did enjoy it because those explanations were concise, placed perfectly, and didn't disrupt the flow of the story. In fact, I felt they helped enhance the story by breaking up the otherwise large chunks of solid dialogue.

FP messed up the formatting a tad, and some of the larger paragraphs got spliced mid-sentence. You might want to fix those. :P

aid to the President - aid should be aide

Overall, though, I did enjoy this chapter, and it did hook my interest. You seemed to have a pretty well-fleshed and detailed universe here, which I appreciate. I look forward to reading the other future chapters (though I might not review them; I'm terrible at reviewing...).
Master0fDisaster chapter 37 . 1/3/2009
Very excellent fic

I like the plot twists and agree about chapter length
firemounrain chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
You seem to leave out the closing " fairly often. Maybe it's a problem with your word processor program?
callmekeller chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
This is an excellent story. The science is entirely self consistent, though maybe it would be more believable if it ran by having architects charm the hell out of it to make it go at faster than light speeds. I do have a few questions though. Shouldn't there be messenger ships carrying the news like a newspaper buisness? as well as goverments sending ships directly to places instead of relying on easily intercepted beams that are much slower? Furthermore some of the psychic issues don't make sense. how fast does thought go? how srong is amazingly strong, and how weak is pathetic? please tell me more about the difference between architects and psychos. Thank you very much.
Colton M. H chapter 32 . 12/6/2008
Good job, last two chapters! You did make a different plot twist than I was expecting. But with things like that, it's hard to think of a lot of ways that kind of first encounter could go. Too bad they don't trigger any Indiana Jones-like booby traps. Oh well, some things aren't needed.
50 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »