Reviews for To the Core
Greenery chapter 10 . 12/1/2008
Gonna have to stop here for the night, unfortunately. You really have me hooked. I love the futuristic aspect of this story; everything sounds so believable, you clearly know what you're talking about. The characters so far are well-formed and quite intriguing. Can't wait to read more!

-Mulberry
Colton M. H chapter 30 . 12/1/2008
I like the last two chapters.

I'm just going to make two guesses, based on the way these types of stories go when there's an ancient, extinct, and powerful species.

They'll either go into the tombs and find one or possibly more members of the species in hibernation, before the one left or the ones left wake and reveal themselves to be god-like to Humans.

That or they'll find a booby trap that causes the temple to collapse completely, making them have to flee.

I hope neither guess is right, but a lot of stories go that way you know. I look forward to learning more of these Rintras.
greenmean chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
Nice fic.
Colton M. H chapter 28 . 11/28/2008
Good chapter again. I like how it has it that psychic energy makes impressions and they can be detected even a long time after the energy is made or something. I can't wait till the next chapter.
fusionbeam chapter 27 . 11/28/2008
good story got the makings of a decent writer or better keep it up
Colton M. H chapter 27 . 11/27/2008
I liked it. What exactly is a ghost cat though? Just a regular cat-like alien thing, right?
Colton M. H chapter 26 . 11/25/2008
Wow... That's crazy. Tranquility and Chaos were serious about all that stuff, as in seriously serious.

That's just crazy. Those two had been doing that in secret for 80 years. That's over four times as long as Collin and Lioness. They must know bunches o' stuff, right?
Colton M. H chapter 25 . 11/24/2008
Good job again. I liked how you compared how it is for the young, not-very developed psychics to sense Collin and Lioness to what it was like for them to sense Tranquility and Chaos. Very, very good idea there I think.
Colton M. H chapter 20 . 10/25/2008
I liked it a lot, again. Great job.

So these Zen guys are a former "lost" colony that left to make a home where they would be considered normal if they were psychics, right? And six hundred years... That's a long time to be floating in space.
Colton M. H chapter 19 . 10/15/2008
So... Human physics that came from nowhere? I wonder if it's a previous expedition to the core from someone else, a lost colony, is it that Humans were spread across the galaxy by some intelligent being, or something far more deceiving going on; maybe some species making themselves appear to be Human physics? Can't wait to find out what happens next!
Colton M. H chapter 18 . 10/12/2008
Good job again! Looks like their going to war against these Kiklisi guys; I wonder what happens if the ship is completely destroyed and their group has no survivors. How long would it take for anyone to learn of such a thing; and would they ever?

P.S.: If you could, could you say how long they've been on it? I can't remember how long, or if you stated. It feels like they've been gone for like a few years, but I don't know.
Colton M. H chapter 16 . 9/28/2008
I'm guessing that since this chapter was put up again the next one will be coming soon?

Anyways, it's good to see this story hasn't died. Thought it had when it went from updates nearly every day to none for a while.
Colton M. H chapter 15 . 9/4/2008
It's good, that's for sure... So, Collin and Lioness are going to take a prisoner regardless of if the aliens are hostile or not? I thought that was their orders if the aliens show hostilities...
Colton M. H chapter 14 . 9/3/2008
Good again! One confusing part though. If the transmissions took three years to go from there to the base they found, and on board the ship only three days went by, that means the ship is going a light year a day, causing a time distortion thingy (Forget the term, I don't know its term) making a year to everyone else be a day to them, right? Or is it possible that the aliens have a FTL communication technology?

And just to point something out; sending information is easier than matter; it could be said that transmitting information faster than light could be easier than sending matter. As it doesn't need all scientifically "correct" or "incorrect" theories such as that in it, you can easily say they use our radio waves; but for a ship to travel three-light years and take three years to communicate back would be kind of scary.

Just wondering. If I'm wrong with something, feel free to point it out; I'm not an expert nor do I claim to be one (Anymore, that is. I used to when I was younger and more egotistical).
Colton M. H chapter 13 . 9/2/2008
I like it again! One thing I did forget to mention for later on (Not that this chapter had this error, but just for future reference) though; different planets have different time lengths. One world might have weeks lasting a month of ours, or a month lasting a week of ours. Thus it makes sense to have them have to explain the whole time thing to the alien's ideas. No need to mention that actual details, but a little reference to that. You know what I mean?
50 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »