Reviews for My Daughter
A Fire Rose chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
This is really sweet. I love the sensory detail with the rain. I'm curious what happened to the poor guy. Very intense! The repetition makes it seem like a song, too.
HK Shmetty chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
This poem's very sad, but at the same time absolutely beautiful. I loved it!
Kimberly Clarke chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
This is a brilliant poem, very touching poem and quite sad to
Lee's ghost re-born chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
You're an Emo little Irishman! *blows nose on shamrock* You really like morbid subjects my friend. Well written and powerful. Keep it up.
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
aww so sad, yet hopeful at the same time. interesting. the only this that i saw was that you spelt dying wrong. that's it:)
Elim chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
As someone else mentioned, I like the repetition. There's bound to be some repetition in a person's last thoughts, some ideas that return over and over. It's a nice touch.

Just one little, annoying thing. It's spelled "dying" not "dieing." It's one of those funny words that you can't just add "ing" to.

The person who asked if it was about giving birth apparently did not read the summary.

I like the fact that the character repeats over and over again that he is smiling. Bleeding, dying, and clearly in pain, all this person can think about is the fact that his daughter loves him. I think that's wonderful; there's clearly a strong bond of love there.

So...I'm left with just one question, a rather obvious one that I don't expect an answer to...how does this fellow die? Okay, he's on a footpath. Bleeding from his stomach and his eyes - an interesting combination. I'm understandably confused, but I guess it's not all that important *how* he's dying. The point is that he *is* dying. That doesn't stop me from being curious, though.

-Elim
BellaEzrebetFang chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
The repetition of this poem is powerful.

Wonderful though, sad and wonderful. :)
Landcaster chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
That had a really epic quality to it, almost heroic but also very tragic, of course. It was really well done. Thanks
lymli chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
it's about giving birth? I think it's a touching poem.