Reviews for A Glass Of Water
rolliepollie44 chapter 4 . 5/2/2009
That was disturbing in the most amazing way.

Very creative work, I swear the story it tells and the way you wrote it were just amazing. I love "Off the lid I would heave as to kiss her cold face." It's beautiful and dark and mysterious and I love it. :)

rolliepollie44 chapter 3 . 5/2/2009
Well this one is very dark, yet I think it may be my favorite in this collection! Love the whole, paper, blood, ripping, and the 'knowing of the knife' theme. You carry it out very nicely. LOVE IT! :D

rolliepollie44 chapter 2 . 5/2/2009
Wow; I'm loving this. :D

I couldn't pick a favorite stanza, I attempted but pretty much how they all mash together and lines flow into each other, just makes that task too hard. I really love, all the imagery in this one as well, you have really great word choice when describing things, and I thought that this one was.. awesome. :)

rolliepollie44 chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Lovely.

I can feel the inspiration from Edgar Allan Poe, it's a very dark peice but still beautifully written. It flows, wonderfully, and has very great imagery. Very beautiful. :D

SomeoneToLove chapter 3 . 12/18/2008
click...click...click...this poem is now on my favourites list! It has so much meaning... and the words you use work so well... :)
SomeoneToLove chapter 2 . 12/18/2008
I like this too! I also tend to get some of my inspiration when I'm tired... but then I'm too lazy to get up a lot of the time...so... I forget. I've probably lost a lot of good poems from that!

So yeah... I especially like the way the last 3 lines work, but I also like the whole poem!

I'd better go before I start rambling again! lol:D
SomeoneToLove chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
wow! Great atmosphere! This is really good!
Demon Vampire180 chapter 3 . 12/9/2008
I like the second one the best, although it made little sense. The other two are just "ok" in my mind, but great job.
xx-Lauren-xx chapter 3 . 12/7/2008
Love this one... maybe because I'm rather twisted, too... haha. Anyway, I love the blood part of it- it's so vividly written. Love it.

Lauren.
xx-Lauren-xx chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
I must say, I like this piece a lot. The imagery is very vivid, and it's got the creepy undertone that you need to get the right mood. I love Edgar Allan Poe, too, and it's cool to read something inspired by him.

Well done.

Lauren.
WonderWing chapter 3 . 10/14/2008
Hey this was good stuff, not as good as the first one, but definitely in the same mood. I like how as I figure out what you are saying, it just makes the rest of the poem that much more relevant. You are good at keeping a consistant feel to your poetry. Thinking about it, it's like you are not satisfied, yourself, with simply describing something, you have to keep going, and as you do, it enhances the feel of the poem more and more. I have never read Poe but these poems make me feel like the writer is aware of something ominous and unavoidable, like death.

Take care!
WonderWing chapter 2 . 10/14/2008
I think i'm gonna have to read this again after knockin back some Wild Turkey tonight or something lol. I think this poem was more than a little confusing for confusion's sake.
WonderWing chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Gnarly! Great feeling in this poem! 'Man on a mission' ya know D
Kaname-Kun chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
I'm afraid this review is gonna sound really stupid but here it goes!

I'm kinda wondering if the feeling I'm getting from this poem would be the same even if I didn't know that this poem was inspired by Edgar Allen Poe. I mean cause from his poems, they tend to leave a sort of... mystical or ominous feeling. Also, something of a deeper understanding seems to be underlying.

I get the same feeling from this poem that I would from one of his. It's well done too - free verse are one of my ... worse subjects to try and critique but if it means anything, the feeling I was left with after the poem was good and looking forward to read more of your work...