Reviews for Grand Arcanum
Midori Ushi Law chapter 3 . 9/3/2008
I forgot to applaud you on this in the prologue, but I won't right now... Your action scenes are very well described. They aren't overly descriptive, yet they don't leave out any important details in the actions. I could see clearly the fight between the mother and daughter. Aside from that, you're a lot like me when it comes to multiple secrets the story. Like, the dagger, the mom's glove, the pendant, the girl's father, why she can' use elements, why the teacher switched the groupings for the exam. I like it. I'm hoping I get to see that exam on the next chapter. I'm also curious on how far ahead the prologue is from the story being told thus far...
Tenken the Guardian chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
Hi and seasons greetings, though the onyl season were in now is school season. Anyhoo, I really love the prologue. Though, I felt it could've used a little more battle time before switching to her weak years. Though, I have only read the prologue thus far. I also like the brevity of your work. Makes it easy for me to read and makes me want to read more. Also, I just made my first fic on Fictionpress today, so please, help me out and review.

Sincerely,

themodernsamurai
Midori Ushi Law chapter 2 . 9/2/2008
I checked out the Prologue and Chapter 1. Pretty interesting. It seems to be a world where people have elemental abilities... I am curious about Mairis... Based on the story title and the fact that she wears a pendant. I'm going to guess that she has something very secret about her power.
Vector Phantom chapter 5 . 9/1/2008
Sorry its late so I can't think of a good review, but I like this chapter, it really sets up the tone. Monsters huh? Sounds really cool!
Vector Phantom chapter 4 . 9/1/2008
Now that is a cliffy!

I am so glad the next chapter's already up, your really seem to know how to ensnare a reader in the story and not let go!

i really like the characters you've created, they all seem really cool.

And the instructor seems practically insane in a sadistic yet fun sort of way...She's not going easy on those kids at all!
Vector Phantom chapter 3 . 9/1/2008
I like how descriptive the battle was, not just action wise, but strategy and story wise. The never face a wind user head on advice clear;ly demonstrates that you've got a few ideas about this world you've created going in your head, I like that.

And I can't wait to find out more about the history of the war, its beginning to seem really important at this point, and you've got me hooked!
Vector Phantom chapter 2 . 9/1/2008
This chapter seems a bit unlike the earlier one, but it was still good.

Its late so my comprehension may be off, but I assume this outsider is the warrior in the prologue? I'm really starting to like her, I enjoy tales of outsiders.

Your characters seem really interesting t this point, I anxiously await more of the story!
Vector Phantom chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
Personally I don't mind short stories, this was really good. The previous reviewer was correct, you have an excellent hook, and your vocabulary is quite beautiful in this story, the descriptions were really vivid!
Vio the Wandering Lover chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
Wow. This got me interested with the very first sentence. That's a grab that even I don't think I could accomplish. That was unique and I can already feel a connection with the characters just by reading this small cahpter. I'm very impressed and will be reading this from now on.
54 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4