Reviews for Among the Ashes
Icyfire4w5 chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
Yeah, I can relate to this poem, especially when I feel misunderstood. By the way, "silent screams" is a fabulous oxymoron. Cheers!
Tori chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Ok, so I don't remember my password to sign into this but...DAVIDA YOU POSTED AGAIN! This is awesome... and I'm gona go cuz there's a bunch of people around me...ttyl :-D
Little girl Big world chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
"Never loved,

Not good enough,

Too breakable

To ever touch." -these lines really stood out to me. i really like them!

and i like the first and last lines too! good job!
dreameratbang chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
That was nice! I could really relate to it, brings out the feeling of self doubt and insecurity very well. The rhyme scheme was just fine, there was a distinct flow to it. I really liked it. Please keep writing!
The Postscript chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
Beautiful work, once again. I can really relate to this poem a lot at the moment. The rhyme scheme was certianly interesting ... I know people always respond negatively to my rhyming schemes because of the flow, etc. But I think sometimes an odd rhyming scheme can really contribute to a piece. Like in your poem, for example, the rhyming scheme is sort of choppy, like pieces of artifacts randomly scattered about in the remains of a fire. I think before anyone really critiques a rhyming scheme they should look at the rhyming scheme as it relates to the poem overall.

Anyway, that's my two cents .. or more of a rant/rambling .. but thanks for bearing with me. Another wonderful poem. Keep writing & Best wishes to you! k.