Reviews for It's Called Cliche, Dummy
Punslinger chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Looks like this could have been the beginning of a
beautiful friendship, if the spilled coffee didn't
cause third degree burns.

I think you might have made your point better if in
the last line you had spelled "cliche" as "clee-shay."
And if the girl was feeling flirty, she might have told
him that "epitome" should be pronounce "epy-tom." (I've actually heard people say it that way.) Then they
could share a laugh and maybe start getting to know
each other.

This is a good slice-of-life snapshot that creates possibilities for growth into a longer story.
somesomewhere chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
very real and very funny as well! XD i'm guessing this happened to you.
blurrylights chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
Ha ha...very different.

Short, sweet, and to the point. :)
Mockingbyrd's Tune chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
Read your profile. Enjoyed it; but, I warn you, I cannot be purely critical. If it is the case that I can find nothing worthwhile in a story, I don't review.

This piece is very short - a sort of anecdotal glimpse of humor. It begins with no character motivations, no thoughts or actions to relate to the reader. It introduces itself like the incident it describes. I *like* that, though I don't mean to irritate your over-complimented ego.

"He pronounced it 'cleech.'" Grinning. I totally relate to this. I read bunches and rarely hear some of the words I see in script. I have often mispronounced a word. It can be expected to grow steadily worse as people communicate through the avenues of their favorite sites. Rarely is the average individual going to stop and click the "listen for pronunciation" icon.

"went straight to drowsy teenage cashier." Do you need to insert "the" in here? (You have one or two articles missing in your bio, as well.)

I think I like your sense of humor. Will read more... - M.T.
Loyal Soul chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
This is a cute drabble, even when it is a bit dificult to understand it. But I like it.

Your spanish isnt bad at all. Sorry, I didnt knows that it was your second idiom.