Reviews for Lovelight in the coal mines
Beth Brooks chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
i live in a place primarly supported (ehem over run) by coal mines, so reading this i was thinking about like atleast 8 guys i know and how it must be how they feel, which made me identify with it that much more. I loved the comparisons that you used and the imagery, this was magnificint!
5by5 chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
That was really good. Keep up the good work :)

Btw do you do NaNoWriMo?
Greenladie chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
Hey Eivind! Great Poem! I loved the contrast of the starkness of the mine with his fire-y passion for his love. The image of the man as being as cold and solid as the ground he works with was absolutely inspired!
Rose Valentine chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
Very beautiful prose, :)
Translucently Opaque chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
I like this. It has an interesting rythym and, as always, you conveyed the emotion of the piece masterfully, letting the desperation bleed through your words. I especially liked the lines "But that burn would be nothing if I would be denied of you too, Six days in mines week, one day only with you." It's good to see that you're still posting. Hope to read more from you soon.
lymli chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
nice to read you again :D

I just felt a bit nostalgic when I was reading, I like the rhyme by the way, the whole poem is good.
your scripted romance chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
Aw! Cute but sad. I liked the flowery kind of sound. Nice work.
Lady Alera Van Hexis chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
I love this.

No really I do.

I like the title the most because it is not just light in mines. I love the phrase "love"light in the mines. I like it because I feel like that is the kind of limpid light that shines through the mine shafts. The kind of moonlight that makes the mines magical.

I liked the rhyming. Alot of the time, rhyming seems to sound very contrived, but you pulled it off.

I would love to know where you get all of your inspirations and thoughts. It seems like you have alot of various subject matter. I really like how you keep everything different and at the same time, connected to each other with a flow of emotion.

I am gald you posted up something! This is so wonderful and a fantastic addition to your portfolio. I can't wait to read something else that you write.

Always,

Lady Alera Van Hexis
mind.of.wonder chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
Didn't really feel it. But it was okay. Keep writing!
jojoba-music-girl chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
"Nothing to steal but rotten meat", that is the only sentence in this poem that doesn't have the same flow as the rest. I like the subject, was that the assignment or did you come up with it yourself?

Oh, and above all: hope you're doing okay!