Reviews for Consonance and Dissonance
fantasybookworm2012 chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Interesting style. Very hopeful yet flashback at the same time. I love how you began with the same line that you ended with. It just tied the whole piece together amazingly.
JohnnyYNot chapter 2 . 9/28/2008
I find this piece fascinating. I don't know much about music, but the descriptions are still very easy to follow as you teach the reader by making them listen to the sounds of your writing.

I found the pace uneven at first, and the constant mysteries and allusions were distracting, but I find it somewhat charming now.

I'll call it restrained drama - it's like you're following the rhythm of a song that only you know, with teasing notes holding back moments of brilliance.

Great wowrk
vinny2 chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
This is such a sweet and loving piece. I found it so irresistibly cute. I really mean it. As a guy. I try not to define too many things as "cute" (I have a manliness quota, in case you did not know). Anyways, this was cute. His thoughts were nice and it flowed easily.

Dialog? There hardly was any and the very few that there was felt flat, boring, and scripted. The dialog did not flow as calmly and believably as his mental conversation with himself.

Regardless,this is a very cute story and I enjoyed reading it.
Kyllorac chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
They don’t like it, of course. They never do. - Who is "they"?

There were a couple comma splices and improper semicolon usage scattered about. For the most part, though, the writing was very clear and concise; a definite plus in my books. :D

I adored all the musical analogies. You used enough of them to add flavor to the writing, but didn't overuse them to the point they became stale. It was absolutely lovely.

I don't normally like slash, but this first chapter has got me interested. There seem to be depths to this relationship that most other slash couples lack, and I want to see how it develops.

Overall, I enjoyed this chapter much more than I expected to.
Theological Medusa chapter 2 . 9/25/2008
Again, I really like how you use musical terms to describe how things are happening. People without a lot of music background might not quite understand everything, but it's all there in a way that most would.

I would like a little more description about what's going on, though, because at a few places I felt lost.
Theological Medusa chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
Sounds like a guy, lol. Do you play guitar, by any chance? If you don't, I can really tell the amount of research that went into this. If you do, I can tell you love it. I love that in a story, the way you can tell something about the author just a bit. I like the premise to this story, and the way things came together.

The only thing I don't like is how the speech is handled. I would have preferred just out-and-out letting the characters speak, but that may be just me. At any rate, I'm on to read the next chapter. :)