Reviews for Train Ride
MissDK chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
Hi Marie..

So I found this story of yours and I must say, it is really really brilliant. You're right, that this writing style is very different from the one you are using in writing "Chasing Butterflies"... But that makes you an even more brilliant writer. You really do both styles extremely well.

I liked this story very much, because it says so much in not so many words. Those two strangers can have such a big effect in each other's lives, and it is told by you in a beautiful way. It did indeed deserve to win an award ;)

I will be looking out for more of your writing, you might just become one famous writer once in the future, and I can say: Hey, I know her... ;)
mankind's tragedy chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
I liked this from beginning to end. Actually, I was smiling throughout the whole read. It has a wonderful message that you can changed someone's life just by talking to that said person, or maybe that's just me. Anyway, I thought you should have won that competition because this is the kind of story I'll never forget.
JennieMR chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
Wow! This is fantastically written. The best writing I think I've seen from you, so it's not wonder you won that award. And the character development is superb. My favorite line:

“I don’t, not for sure anyway. What I do know, is that I’ve spent too long drifting through life like I’m the only one in it. Your actions always affect others.”

THere's a problem common to many, and it's cool how John finally realized what he'd been doing while trying to help someone else.

Great work on this. A from me.

Jen
RockFan chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
Excellent. I love the story and the writing is exceptional. Congratulations on third place - should have been first.